UWC3 is Frozen

Come here for announcements and downloads

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Marticus
Lead UWC3 Developer

UWC3 is Frozen

Post by Marticus » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:53 pm

UWC3 is now in the frozen state. All requests for additions and changes will remain in a queue until after we settle on a single source tree. Only critical bug fixes will be considered during this phase. Having said this, feel free to make your requests and rest assured that we will eventually get around to reviewing them. =)

Cheers,

Marticus

Geesu
<b>King of the world!</b>

Post by Geesu » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:33 pm

YAY!!!!
No Support via PM

lickity
Militia

Post by lickity » Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:33 am

Image thats just the best news i heard, i really hope you guys stick to 40 levels or higher, if you do i would be more than happy to beta test for you,
our community is growing at sol-gaming we are adding servers, soon we will have an east cost server aswell. i can never really express my appreciation to you guys for continuing work on these plugins, but if i can donate or help with anything i will, just gotta ask me. im decent with photoshop and ive got some other cool toys at my disposal, i also like to map and am in planing stages of wc3_maps that cater specificaly to the mods abilities, places to teleport, bigger areas, good hiding places for the stealthy ones ect... i would love to include wc3mods.net in the maps if you guys would want that.

keep up the awesome work :!: <3

DarkJP2
Rifleman

Post by DarkJP2 » Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:11 pm

great news
hope this state of develeopement will be one quickly

Dark

Cryonic
Peon

Post by Cryonic » Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:58 am

I really hope UWC3 comes to life again. It's by far my favourite mod and I have the dumb version with 40 levels but I miss the Locust swarm and some other things =)

taheri6
Militia

Post by taheri6 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:04 pm

I agree with lickity - also if you have cool maps would you be willing to share?
need more help or custom code? Try http://uwc3mod.com

I am no longer monitoring this site or posts, so I will not be answering here, sorry.

UWC3 Deathmatch - 205.134.225.222:27015
Gun Game Deathmatch - 209.160.44.131:27015

sHum
Peon

Post by sHum » Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:41 am

is there any support left around to answer questions and provide support ? where's all the official lead devs .. has uwc3mod been tossed aside for good now ? there's tons of questions around with responses only from friendly people who have a shallow understanding of the ins and outs of uwc3mod ..

has the steam and enthusiasm of creating such a mod died out already ? kinda sad if it's like that .. if u guys dont wish to pull hairs working and developing the mod further, it's understandable cos it is indeed a very job well done.. but dont leave people around the world in need and rely on kind folk to help them. :|

mexykanu
Rifleman

Post by mexykanu » Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:26 am

sHum wrote:is there any support left around to answer questions and provide support ?
nope

YamiKaitou
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by YamiKaitou » Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:48 am

There is just support from us good people. Also, incase you havn't read, I will post it here as well. This is from Marticus, Lead UWC3 Dev
Hello. I'm sure most of you have been waiting to here back from me sense I went missing in action. Here is what I have been doing with uwc3 lately. Nothing at all. I had to focus on finishing school. Now that I have completed my degree program, I can think about other things. What other things? I have been playing World of Warcraft which takes a lot of my hobby time. I have pretty much lost interest in playing CS1.6 and quite frankly FPS in general. I am very surprised that CS1.6 is still so popular.

What are my plans for UWC3? I am giving up on an old broken horribly hacked up bloated source code project. I just don't have the desire to look at the code ever asgain. I have, however, expressed interest in having a patch written and maintained which would convert each new version of FT to a raceless mod. It doesn't seem like it would be too terribly difficult to do. I have also expressed interest in a WoW-based mod. This however would be a huge project to which I would not be able to dedicate much time.

For the time being I am willing to participate in discussion of the two afforementioned projects in the general section of the war3mods forums.

UWC3 is dead. Long live UWC3!

No support via PM or Email

taheri6
Militia

Post by taheri6 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:20 pm

well, while that tottally sucks, I cant say Im that surprised.

sHum
Peon

Post by sHum » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:18 am

ok then .. if i asked a question now, how long would i have to wait for a reply and could i get the answer i need if it's just good kind-minded folk around available to help pitch in .. ?

here's the question, i'll be posting it in the right section if need be..

where, in which .inc file, is the Respawn Protection/immunity function located at ? it clearly is not anywhere in the .sma file...
any one know ? i basically need to edit the <amount of seconds> the revived/respawned players have immunity for.

taheri6
Militia

Post by taheri6 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:30 pm

you need to be posting in the support forum not the announcements.

Rapidfire
Peon

Retiring from uwc3 yeh?

Post by Rapidfire » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:01 am

I suppose that's good for him since he hasn't the desire to bother with it any more. I don't suppose that would stop anyone else from picking up the project, or is that like taboo'd?

I play source, as condition zero is all but impossible to find. The other warcraft mods.. bite.. in my opinion and would do unspeakable things to be able to put this mod in my server.

Pray to the code gods? meh. Oh well.

Geesu
<b>King of the world!</b>

Post by Geesu » Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:26 pm

other warcraft mods don't bite :P
No Support via PM

Marticus
Lead UWC3 Developer

Post by Marticus » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:59 pm

Ha! Hear that Geesu, your mod bites! FT is teh suxor!!!11

Marticus
Lead UWC3 Developer

Post by Marticus » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:11 pm

On a more serious note. No, I took up role of coordinating development for UWC3 but the people who were helping on it didn't really want to group up. They all had their own idea of how they wanted it done. Which is fine, but it made consolidation very time consuming, which is what made me lose interest. I bet the others lost interest as well. The code base is just that bad. Not to suggest that it started out that way. It may have started out all pretty like, but it has undergone so many revisions and hacks that someone should have put it out of its misery.

Anyway, the time consuming part, combined with school, my job, and my wife being higher priorities (not necessarily in that order, mind you) made me drop it like a bad habit.

The latest news is that I will be discussing with Geesu ways to modify FT to support a UWC3 Patch. This should deprecate all the old broken branches and make way for something better (maybe). If it peaks my interest, I will assist with its development. (I said "If") However, I have no way of testing any resulting code without bringing my server online again. I am not terribly interested in doing that either :P

So basically, I'm just being a cantankerous old fart.

mexykanu
Rifleman

Post by mexykanu » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:13 am

you are right about the **take care of your life** thing... what's "cantankerous" :D ?

taheri6
Militia

Post by taheri6 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:17 pm

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/cantankerous
–adjective
disagreeable to deal with; contentious; peevish: a cantankerous, argumentative man.

1. stubbornly obstructive and unwilling to cooperate; "unions...have never been as bloody-minded about demarcation as the shipbuilders"- Spectator [syn: bloody-minded]

2. having a difficult and contrary disposition; "a cantankerous and venomous-tongued old lady"- Dorothy Sayers
need more help or custom code? Try http://uwc3mod.com

I am no longer monitoring this site or posts, so I will not be answering here, sorry.

UWC3 Deathmatch - 205.134.225.222:27015
Gun Game Deathmatch - 209.160.44.131:27015

Rapidfire
Peon

Post by Rapidfire » Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:55 am

Geesu wrote:other warcraft mods don't bite :P
No, of course you're right Geesu they don't bite. It sometimes just feels that way in comparison to the uwc3, and I mean no insult to anyone's mod.

There's another group of guys that work on mods and they seem to be pretty keen on what they're doing. In one of their polls asking which kind of wc mod we like, I naturally mentioned about the uwc3 if it were available for CS:S. The site admin seemed interested in the idea..

I raised a server just recently for the clan I've been appointed leader of and another guy, Hetal, has been working on putting WC: source mod on, though I'm sure we'd all love to entertain the idea of uwc3 instead.. I'm not sure how you feel about it cantankerous Marticus :), I could offer my server for you to test the code on instead of raising your own.. The only thing is I got this server for these kids and they all use CS:S. Since source is dominating the market I'd prefer to stick with it and apparently the EventScripts are an easier way to program stuff.

Just an idea I can run by the others if you're interested.

Rapidfire
Peon

Post by Rapidfire » Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:57 am

Rapidfire wrote:There's another group of guys that work on mods and they seem to be pretty keen on what they're doing. In one of their polls asking which kind of wc mod we like, I naturally mentioned about the uwc3 if it were available for CS:S. The site admin seemed interested in the idea..
[/url]http://wcs.despo-clan.de/index.php[/url]