Pre-made addons folder

This is the place to make suggestions for Warcraft3 XP.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

billylang
Peon

Pre-made addons folder

Post by billylang » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:59 am

When i tried to put together an addons folder with the wc3 XP plugin, i ran into tons of problems.

Just a sugestion, put together an addons folder with all the files set up so that simple minded people like me dont have to go through hours of trying to get it installed, and to fail. You could put the compiler on the side so that after you could simply put the wc3.sma(i dont know if thats the right file name) in its appropiate location and it would all work. I know of acouple of people who have had to settle for FT because wc3XP was too complicated to install, so this would probley increase popularity :D

Just an idea.

ferret
Lead Warcraft 3 XP Developer

Post by ferret » Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:16 pm

I'm not following. The new version, 2.6, is zipped up correctly.

warcraft3_2.6.zip:

Code: Select all

cstrike/
  addons/
    plugins/
      warcraft3.amxx
    scripting/
      warcraft3.cfg
      warcraft3.sma
  sprites/
    warcraft3/
      ..sprite files..
  sounds/
    warcraft3/
      ..sound files..
The only thing you have to do is unzip this in your server root, then add "warcraft3.amxx" to your AMXX plugins.ini and enable Fun/Engine/Cstrike in modules.ini

These are all things you have to do for WC3 FT as well.
Last edited by ferret on Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-< www.gamehavoc.com >-

Lazarus Long: And I know you didn't because the Server Files are version 2.2.6 and the file you posted is version 2.2.5, so do as I told you above and don't ever lie to me again or help is gone!

ferret

Post by ferret » Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:18 pm

or do you mean a zip file that INCLUDES amxmodx and metamod as well?
-< www.gamehavoc.com >-

Lazarus Long: And I know you didn't because the Server Files are version 2.2.6 and the file you posted is version 2.2.5, so do as I told you above and don't ever lie to me again or help is gone!

Lazarus Long
Lead PITA SOB

Post by Lazarus Long » Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:33 am

Hello, ferret:
ferret wrote:or do you mean a zip file that INCLUDES amxmodx and metamod as well?
If I understood right his analogy, this is what he means. It has the advantage of being very easy for a clean install, but you'll have to keep the current packaging scheme for people wanting to upgrade/add the pluging to an existing server.

On a side note, and since it runs on CS:CZ, you could drop the cstrike folder from your packaging scheme and it would work on both. Only have to update the documentation to reflect the new extract point.

Regards,
Lazarus

ferret

Post by ferret » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:01 am

I'll build an install package that includes AMXMODX and metamod as soon as the new versions of both are released. That should be in a week or two.
-< www.gamehavoc.com >-

billylang
Peon

Post by billylang » Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:20 pm

ferret wrote:I'll build an install package that includes AMXMODX and metamod as soon as the new versions of both are released. That should be in a week or two.
Excatly what i am talkin about :D

Mabey one for a listen server(with bots), and one for dedicated servers. It sure would make my life easier :)

ferret

Post by ferret » Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:29 pm

I'm not including anything beyond amxmodx and metamod. Anything else like bots is stuff that WC3 doesn't need and I don't maintain, so I'm not zipping it up.
-< www.gamehavoc.com >-

billylang
Peon

Post by billylang » Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:37 pm

Well i guess i will just ask now.

I forgot the file name(the one you tell the server to run the metamod dll's and all that stuff), but you gotta tell it to run metamod AND to run the bots, and i have run into problems there. I have tried to put them both down with the same command thing, but on diffirent lines and it didnt work so well. Theres always the possibility that I messed up while setting up metamod and stuff.

ferret

Post by ferret » Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:46 pm

liblist.gam has to be altered to run metamod

I can put that in the zipfile.
-< www.gamehavoc.com >-

Lazarus Long
Lead PITA SOB

Post by Lazarus Long » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:13 pm

Hello, ferret:
ferret wrote:liblist.gam has to be altered to run metamod

I can put that in the zipfile.
Better, since most people that will pickup the preconfigured package are less skilled in configuring a server, you can avoid a bunch of questions about liblist.gam by simply including it in the package. Just warn about it in case someone doesn't want his one altered.

Regards,
Lazarus

Geesu
<b>King of the world!</b>

Post by Geesu » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:36 pm

THe only issue with that is that the czero and cs ones are different :/

SomeBigLuser
Peon

Post by SomeBigLuser » Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:40 pm

Wouldn't the differences only be in the liblist.gam? So two version with only those changed should allow both games to function with easy install of wc3. If I understand correctly, anyways.

Geesu
<b>King of the world!</b>

Post by Geesu » Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:27 am

yes you're right, I'm just saying for czero you couldn't drag and drop.. you'd have to use like a liblist_czero.gam or something