Suggestions for Version 2.7

This is the place to make suggestions for Warcraft3 XP.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

ferret
Lead Warcraft 3 XP Developer

Suggestions for Version 2.7

Post by ferret » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:54 am

This thread's purpose is for server operators and such to post suggestions for the next official release of WC3 Mod. I'll also list out some of the things I plan to add.

Code: Select all

[ ] - Optional system for making XP decay over time
[ ] - Optional Alternative Scoring system
[-] - More CVARs for better control without recompiling.
[ ] - Server Admin Menus

[-] - Improved server performance
[X] - New updated install/readme files
[-] - Many bug fixes

----

[X] - Finished
[-] - Started, not finished
[ ] - Not started yet
Last edited by ferret on Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-< www.gamehavoc.com >-

Lazarus Long: And I know you didn't because the Server Files are version 2.2.6 and the file you posted is version 2.2.5, so do as I told you above and don't ever lie to me again or help is gone!

ferret

Post by ferret » Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:57 am

Updated for the next version, 2.7

Get the ideas flowing!
-< www.gamehavoc.com >-

Lazarus Long: And I know you didn't because the Server Files are version 2.2.6 and the file you posted is version 2.2.5, so do as I told you above and don't ever lie to me again or help is gone!

GUNN3R17
Footman

Post by GUNN3R17 » Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:39 pm

hmmm...maybe write a combo wc3 plugin that has the original 4 races...your 4 races...and frozen thrones 4 races...that would be insane...lol

and from what i have played in your wc3...the abilitie that heals nearby team mates....it should have a much higher randge...i think its way to small

ferret

Post by ferret » Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:44 pm

Server admins can adjust that as they like, it just has a default value. The range is twice undead suicide's.
-< www.gamehavoc.com >-

Geesu
<b>King of the world!</b>

Post by Geesu » Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:56 pm

Add healing wards!!!! :P

Supreme
Militia

Post by Supreme » Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:51 am

XP decays over time? Like if a person doesn't play on the server in a certain period of time their XP starts going down? Atleast it's optional lol.

ferret

Post by ferret » Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:08 am

Many server admins have complained to me that once you get level 10, there's really no need to play. They wanted an option to have xp decay so that the level 10s have to work to stay there.
-< www.gamehavoc.com >-

Lazarus Long
Lead PITA SOB

Post by Lazarus Long » Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:34 pm

Hi, ferret:
ferret wrote:Many server admins have complained to me that once you get level 10, there's really no need to play. They wanted an option to have xp decay so that the level 10s have to work to stay there.
YES! YES! YES!

If you can get this working it's a major break in keeping a server competitive and people coming back to it, not only for level 10 but for all levels, although a non-linear function might apply, with higher levels suffering higher impact to inactivity.

Good luck and cheers,
Lazarus

Geesu

Post by Geesu » Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:24 pm

yea seriously, linear function wouldn't mean jack! get quadratic!!! WOHOOO

AngryMouse
Peon

Post by AngryMouse » Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:21 am

Over the last year I have been hiring a server and have ran four different versions of Warcraft3: wc3FT, war3x, wc3XP and now ultimate wc3. All versions except war3x have been extremely popular and everyone has their favourites, mine personally is still FT but I run the server according to what the players are in favour of. The xp decay idea is brilliant I think, but I also would like to see more races. The 9 races in FT are great, the additional 3 races in XP are also excellent. I cant remember exactly all the names of them all but we could have a mod that has: Undead, Human, Orc, NightElf, Blood Mage, Shadow Hunter, Warden, Crypt Lord, Chameleon (as an additional race, not a combination race), Troll, Dwarf and Lich. 12 races, now that would be cool, with decaying XP. People keep on talking about making new races etc, I think we should uitilise the brilliant races we already have. I am hanging out for the Next Generation mod, I am sure it is going to be awesome like the others.

ferret

Post by ferret » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:24 am

I have a lot of issues with the races in FT, and hopefully Geesu won't take offense to that as I've talk to him about it in the past. I took special care to make sure that the new races in WC3 XP fit the old races fairly well and weren't overpowered. I know Geesu has mentioned he's not entirely happy with FT's race balance either.

If I were to add in the races from FT, I'd have to work with Geesu to get a good idea of what they do in FT, but I would then adjust and rebalance them as I see fit.
-< www.gamehavoc.com >-

Geesu

Post by Geesu » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:25 am

yea FT races blow :? SOOO unbalanced

AngryMouse
Peon

Post by AngryMouse » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:30 pm

Well I've never played Warcraft in my life so I have no idea what the characters are based on, but I enjoyed FT because I could be Undead, or Warden, or Orc, or Crypt Lord or Human at anytime with just as much effect. Personally I didn't use Shadow Hunter or Blood Mage much. Starting off I always used Orc, but as time went on I found the majority of races to be equal....in my opinion. If you's can find a way to make the races even more equal, that would be great. I'll be running the next generation mod on my server asap, and if you need a cz server to test things on, mine is always available.

Supreme
Militia

Post by Supreme » Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:05 am

Geesu wrote:yea FT races blow :? SOOO unbalanced
*lets out breath* Finally someone said it! :P

Gunny
Peon

Post by Gunny » Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:43 pm

I agree a mod with all the races in it would be awesome!!!
I currently run 2 FT servers and 1 War3XP server and the complaints I get have to deal with the ORC race. On the FT server the orc nade is too powerful and on the War3XP server players switch from Dwarf to Orc and regenerate the nades, mainly the critical strike nade which does the most damage. So if you could balance these issues then you would have the best of the best!
-john

LuckyDog
Peon

Post by LuckyDog » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:38 pm

Hi everyone. I hope this is the right place to post my idea. I'm just a measly server owner using one or all of the war3 plugins at one time or another. The latest is War3FT and it's a hit on my box.

I also use another addon CS nade drop ... drops a nade when a player is killed if they purchased one.

I thought, wouldnt it be cool if a dead player can also drop their shopmenu items?

Maybe have a little glowy thingy next to their body, and when a live player looked at it, it could deliver a hud message as to what it is..and you could have a command to drop any current items already bought to pick up dropped.

Thought of this because of Rune plugin, but dont find anything about shopmenu items. Rune mod lags badly when you get too many as each item is it's own addon.

Also there is a plugin allows you to rob dead players of their cash. Maybe it would be more simple to have "robbing of dead players shopmenu items" :twisted:
Lucky~

DarkJP2
Rifleman

Post by DarkJP2 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:40 am

the shopitem dropping stuff is done in wc3xp and ?war3x? but not war3ft/uwc3

btw wrong section

LuckyDog
Peon

Post by LuckyDog » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:00 am

Thats a bummer. Thanks for the info. sorry for posting wrong section. Maybe a moderator can just move it, or REmove this post.
Lucky~