0 XP receveid !

This is the place for general discussion about Warcraft3 XP, including install help.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Meuhcoin
Peon

0 XP receveid !

Post by Meuhcoin » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:24 am

Hey there, people.
I'm having some problems here with this Warcraft 3 XP plugin. No problem with the installation, and it's working almost correctly. Almost.
There is just a little problem with XP won by the players...Well, they don't get any XP at all, except when they kill someone else. But when planting the bomb, or trying to defuse it, they don't get any XP, although a message said "<Someguy> received 0 XP for planting the bomb" (or whatever), so it should work.
I tried to change the config file (warcraft3.cfg) : I uncommented the lines about BOMBPLANT_XP_BONUS, DEFUSE_XP_BONUS (and I set the plugin in French too). The compilation worked : the plugin was now in French, but no one's getting XP except for killing...So, I did something wrong ? What ? :'(

Oh, and while I'm here, another question about that : is there a way to set how much XP players get for killing ? Some think that 9 (or 8, I don't remember) isn't enough.
And for information, I'm running the Half Life Dedicaced Server with AMXX 1.71 with the lastest version of Warcraft 3 XP I downloaded here.

That's pretty much everything. Thanks for the help !

ferret
Lead Warcraft 3 XP Developer

Post by ferret » Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:35 pm

How many people were online at the time? By default, the plugin only awards objective bonuses if more than 4 players are online. This was to stop people from planting and defusing over and over without killing each other just for XP.

Check the config file, you should find a line called "XPLOIT_PROTECT"
-< www.gamehavoc.com >-

Lazarus Long: And I know you didn't because the Server Files are version 2.2.6 and the file you posted is version 2.2.5, so do as I told you above and don't ever lie to me again or help is gone!

Meuhcoin
Peon

Post by Meuhcoin » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:02 pm

Thanks ! I changed this and now it works perfectly. Since it was still commented I tought that it wouldn't matter to leave it at "4", but now I remember that 4 must be the default value. Anyway, everything is fine now, so thanks again !

ferret
Lead Warcraft 3 XP Developer

Post by ferret » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:55 pm

They are commented in the file, but the SMA still has defaults set that match the commented value. (Well, usually)
-< www.gamehavoc.com >-

Lazarus Long: And I know you didn't because the Server Files are version 2.2.6 and the file you posted is version 2.2.5, so do as I told you above and don't ever lie to me again or help is gone!