1.0.1 didn't work. 1.0.2 don't work either.

This is the place for general discussion about Warcraft3 XP, including install help.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Opacus
Peon

1.0.1 didn't work. 1.0.2 don't work either.

Post by Opacus » Sat May 27, 2006 2:02 pm

After running and old RC7 for ages on an equally old AMXX i decided to upgrade.

1.0.1 crashed after a few minutes into each map. Then i waited for something that felt like ages for a new release - and so did my community. Then finally 1.0.2 was released, and... same problem.

No, i don't have time to prowl serverlogs, and configure things from here to eternity. I've followed instructions to install, and tried a few things around, but i can't see why it should crash. Same box runs a 20 slot CSS server 24/7 with no flaw whatsoever.

Just a bit sad that things can't work "out of the box".

Server-spec:

Dual Athlon MP2400+
2048mb Corsair ECC (memchecked, no errors)
Serial ATA 100gb harddrive (stresstested, no errors)

No firewall, no limitations on bandwidth. 100% pure 100mbps fibre.

Yes, i would like to test, but i don't have time, so this is the information you get :(

Advice on other WC/Fun releases for CS 1.6 would be appreciated, i don't wanna keep the server down anymore. It was the 3rd most popular server in europe, now it's dead. And it didn't even run on a default port.

YamiKaitou
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by YamiKaitou » Sun May 28, 2006 3:51 pm

What are you talking about??? The current version of WC3XP is 2.6.3 or something like that. The only WC3 mod that has a a current version of 1.0.1 is WC3X and this is not the section for that. And Version 1.0.2 of WC3X is a beta release right now. We are currently testing v1.0.2 and I am finding no crashes on it.

You could always try one of the other WC3 mods here

No support via PM or Email

ferret
Lead Warcraft 3 XP Developer

Post by ferret » Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:06 am

YamiKaitou is a winner.
-< www.gamehavoc.com >-

Lazarus Long: And I know you didn't because the Server Files are version 2.2.6 and the file you posted is version 2.2.5, so do as I told you above and don't ever lie to me again or help is gone!