change race?

This is the place for general discussion about Warcraft3 XP, including install help.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Coldblood
Peon

change race?

Post by Coldblood » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:53 pm

it says server does not allow change race? how could i fix that??

ferret
Lead Warcraft 3 XP Developer

Post by ferret » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:37 am

mp_allowchangerace 1 in server.cfg
-< www.gamehavoc.com >-

Lazarus Long: And I know you didn't because the Server Files are version 2.2.6 and the file you posted is version 2.2.5, so do as I told you above and don't ever lie to me again or help is gone!

[Lawl] Nirvana
Peon

Post by [Lawl] Nirvana » Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:57 pm

I tried still didnt work, what config, wc3 config or server config? If you can show me an example of were it is. thank you

ferret
Lead Warcraft 3 XP Developer

Post by ferret » Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:41 am

I said server.cfg
-< www.gamehavoc.com >-

Lazarus Long: And I know you didn't because the Server Files are version 2.2.6 and the file you posted is version 2.2.5, so do as I told you above and don't ever lie to me again or help is gone!

mattypee
Footman

Post by mattypee » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:28 pm

I noticed the same thing, i put mp_allowchangerace 1 in my server config....but it doesnt do anything. I even tried typing it in my console and it doesnt even respond that its in the server. Example ill type rcon mp_allowchangerace in console and it doesnt repeat it in console like it does when i type in...example rcon sv_cheats/sv_cheats is set to 0.

mattypee
Footman

Post by mattypee » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:15 pm

Btw is the warcraft3.cfg file only for compiling...or are you suppose to keep it in a certain folder?

mattypee
Footman

Post by mattypee » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:08 am

I found it...duh i should have read everything I'm not going to post the whole changelog, these are just the main 2.6.x features since 2.22 and 2.5:

Features (New 2.6.x Changelog):

Fixed, for good, the "Bad file Server is enforcing file consistency for..." error message that was booting everybody from the server.
Renamed several variables to remove 'local variable shadows a variable at a preceding level' warnings.

Updated SQL queries to only pull needed data, not the full records.

Added mp_changeracepastfreezetime cvar to allow race changes while alive.

Increased the length of the team name variables in death logging.

Replaced the check_say() function with either direct calls to the corresponding function with register_clcmd(), or with say_*() functions.

Changed the Troll ultimate to allow healing of self.

Changed the SQL "CREATE TABLE" statements to minimize differences between MySQL and SQLite.

Changed the SQL error handling system with a global new Result:res and a remake of dbi_check_error().

Added missing famas and galil to damage_event() weaponname variable.

Removed forcing setting mp_consistency, it was booting everybody from the server under AMX Mod X 1.5x.