lil prob

This is the place for general discussion about Warcraft3 XP, including install help.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

zempror
Peon

lil prob

Post by zempror » Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:30 am

ok, is it just me or can ya only chooze ya race during death, or freeze time, well what if ur in a server with no freeze time and... u win like the first 7 rounds so u dont die and cant choose ur race yet, thus have no xp yet? Also Once you choose a race it doesnt let you change i think. Also the config file is kinda stuffed. Like its too unreadable.

Geesu
<b>King of the world!</b>

Post by Geesu » Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:57 am

*might* want to say what war3 you're talking about

Lazarus Long
Lead PITA SOB

Post by Lazarus Long » Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:58 am

zempror:
zempror wrote:ok, is it just me or can ya only chooze ya race during death, or freeze time, well what if ur in a server with no freeze time and... u win like the first 7 rounds so u dont die and cant choose ur race yet, thus have no xp yet? Also Once you choose a race it doesnt let you change i think.
Yep, it's probably just you, that should be aware of the several client commands (scroll down to the bottom). You will change race at each respawn if you choose a different one from your current.
zempror wrote:Also the config file is kinda stuffed. Like its too unreadable.
What? Haven't the faintest idea of what you want to say.

Regards,
Lazarus

zempror
Peon

Post by zempror » Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:49 am

sorry bout that geesu i was talking bout war3 xp 2.6

zempror
Peon

My config file

Post by zempror » Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:10 am

ok so firstly the config file is in scripting and not in configs right? I've attached it, however I made it a .txt as the forum doen't allow .cfg. The reason I said its badly done is beacause of the all the boxes, and how it's all like, bunched. So did I download the right thing? I should have. It was from www.amxmodx.org?

I would like to have 8 races, be alowed to choose race while alive, allowed to change race and make the server not save XP, although I think I did that.

Thnx!

EDIT: Removed obsoleted attachment (administative action)

nightscream
Sorceress

Post by nightscream » Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:02 am

it looks good but put it in configs
want help pm me

ferret
Lead Warcraft 3 XP Developer

Post by ferret » Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:33 am

zempror:

Are you opening warcraft3.cfg in Notepad? It looks like it contains Unix/Linux carriage returns instead of Windows carriage returns. This is my fault. If you open the file in Wordpad it should display correctly. Wordpad understands the different end-of-line symbols but Notepad doesn't.

To allow race changes, add the following to your server.cfg:
mp_allowchangerace 1
-< www.gamehavoc.com >-

Lazarus Long: And I know you didn't because the Server Files are version 2.2.6 and the file you posted is version 2.2.5, so do as I told you above and don't ever lie to me again or help is gone!

ferret

Post by ferret » Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:38 am

After opening your file in Textpad (My favorite editor for Windows), you have done everything right. You have short term and expanded races enabled.

This file should go in addons/amxmodx/scripting/ .. There should also be a file called warcraft3.sma in that folder.

Follow the instructions within warcraft3.cfg or in THIS thread on how to recompile.

Let me know if you need any other help.
-< www.gamehavoc.com >-

Lazarus Long: And I know you didn't because the Server Files are version 2.2.6 and the file you posted is version 2.2.5, so do as I told you above and don't ever lie to me again or help is gone!

zempror
Peon

Post by zempror » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:59 pm

Thanks alot ferret! Yes I was opening it in Notepad. That's probably the problem. Ill try now. :D

zempror
Peon

Post by zempror » Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:31 am

Wordpad can view it fine, but now even after viewing it once with wordpad, notepad can also view it fine. Anyway attached is my .cfg file, renamed to .txt I tried to do the expanded races thing but it didn't work!

Ok and as for the mp_allowchangerace 1 that worked, I don't see why it should be put in the server.cfg and not wa3.cfg. Do you have a page somewhere which has a full list of all the commands! Thnx

by the way, what is a carrige return? :wink:

EDIT: why can't I attach files in this forum??

#define EXPANDED_RACES 1

that's what it says in my warcraft3.cfg, but I didn't get 8 races? Is that right?

ferret

Post by ferret » Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:37 am

Zempror:

After opening the file in Wordpad, it probably saved it in Windows format so that's why Notepad can open it now. A Carriage Return is a special symbol that tells your computer when to make a new line.

Also, warcraft3.cfg is NOT a configuration file like server.cfg .. It isn't ran by your server. It is used to recompile the plugin. This is a little advanced but it helps with performance in some cases.

Did you read the thread I linked you to?

Make sure warcraft3.sma and warcraft3.cfg are both in your addons/amxmodx/scripting/ folder.

Go to that folder and run the command "Compile.exe" (If windows, its something else on Linux). This will create a folder called "compiled" and in it will be all your plugins. Find warcraft3.amxx and copy it to addons/amxmodx/scripting/plugins

That should activate the races the next time your server changes maps. I plan to make this a lot easier in the next version.
-< www.gamehavoc.com >-

zempror
Peon

Post by zempror » Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:20 pm

Hey ferret!

Thanks for everything it all works now but I need one more thing. The cvar, mp_allowchangerace 1, is there a site for the full list of CVAR's?

Thanks for all your help so far and I have never met anyone so willing to help. When I asked you what a carrige return is I seriously doubted you would answer. :D

ferret

Post by ferret » Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:06 am

Check the included readme file, it lists all the cvars at the bottom.
-< www.gamehavoc.com >-

zempror
Peon

Post by zempror » Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:36 pm

ok thanks! last thing. In cs mods how do you know where to put the Cvar's? In the server.cfg or amxx.cfg? 8)

ferret

Post by ferret » Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:06 pm

server.cfg

amxx.cfg is for AMXX specific configuration.
-< www.gamehavoc.com >-

zempror
Peon

Post by zempror » Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:16 am

yeah but for csdm you use amxx.cfg don't you?

Geesu
<b>King of the world!</b>

Post by Geesu » Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:38 am

Technically it doesn't matter, you can use either one... But generally choose one and go with it. (there just isn't as much crap in server.cfg, so it'll look cleaner)
No Support via PM

zempror
Peon

Post by zempror » Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:24 pm

oh ok thanks geesu. All you guys da :wink: :) :D 8) :lol: :mrgreen: best!

zempror
Peon

Post by zempror » Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:49 am

oh sorry to keep bothering you but one more thing. your readme tile doesn't have a list of andim commands such take/give xp and the rest.

ferret

Post by ferret » Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:35 am

wc3_givexp player amount
-< www.gamehavoc.com >-

zempror
Peon

Post by zempror » Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:34 pm

are there anymore? :P

ferret

Post by ferret » Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:30 am

That's about it :P
-< www.gamehavoc.com >-

zempror
Peon

Post by zempror » Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:47 am

OK Thanks for everything. I love ya.