Need help configuring WC3XP

This is the place for general discussion about Warcraft3 XP, including install help.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

ONP-Richard*Cranium
Peon

Need help configuring WC3XP

Post by ONP-Richard*Cranium » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:58 pm

HELP :oops:
I'm not a real pro at coding so I am at a loss as to why I can't get the mod to do anything but the default. It loaded fine, but I can't get any of the warcraft3.cfg changes to take effect (like long term xp).
Our clan thinks this is an awsome mod. thanx.

Geesu
<b>King of the world!</b>

Post by Geesu » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:08 pm

I'm pretty sure you have to change the config file, and then recompile the plugin by running compile.exe. Then move the file from the compiled folder into your plugins folder. (delete this if I'm wrong pls)
No Support via PM

ferret
Lead Warcraft 3 XP Developer

Post by ferret » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:28 am

Read this:
viewtopic.php?t=96

Then let me know if you're still having trouble.
-< www.gamehavoc.com >-

Lazarus Long: And I know you didn't because the Server Files are version 2.2.6 and the file you posted is version 2.2.5, so do as I told you above and don't ever lie to me again or help is gone!

ONP-Richard*Cranium
Peon

Post by ONP-Richard*Cranium » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:53 pm

been there read that, still not working. I tryed running the win command line in run (minus the win part) and kept getting errors. do I have to load the amx mod, and warcraft mod onto my CS load to make it work or can I run it in a seperate space. Our server is on ECGN and I can't seem to "run" a program line on there.

ferret

Post by ferret » Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:10 pm

What kind of errors?

You can download and install AMXMODX to your desktop to make things easier if you can't run commands on your server.

Put warcraft3.cfg and warcraft3.sma into the folder addons/amxmodx/scripting

Then double click the compile.exe that's in that same folder. You'll see a new folder get created called compiled. Go into it and you'll find your new warcraft3.amxx

Upload that to your server and it should be good to go.

If not, post your warcraft3.cfg and I'll compile it for you.
-< www.gamehavoc.com >-

Lazarus Long: And I know you didn't because the Server Files are version 2.2.6 and the file you posted is version 2.2.5, so do as I told you above and don't ever lie to me again or help is gone!

ONP-Richard*Cranium
Peon

Post by ONP-Richard*Cranium » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:06 pm

I get a "can't create the output file...for every file in the scripting folder.
http://roadwarrior.mcdonald1.home.mindspring.com/
it's in there Thnx.
I feel so STOOOOOOPID

Lazarus Long
Lead PITA SOB

Post by Lazarus Long » Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:06 am

Hello, ONP-Richard*Cranium:
ONP-Richard*Cranium wrote:I get a "can't create the output file...for every file in the scripting folder.
Almost sure this means you either don't have the right permissions set on the underlying filesystem to create new files, you don't have the right permissions set on the underlying filesystem to create a folder ("addons/amxmodx/scripting/compiled") or you have a read-only or full filesystem.

I hope this helps,
Lazarus

ferret

Post by ferret » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:46 am

Here you go!

EDIT: Removed obsoleted attachment (administative action)
-< www.gamehavoc.com >-

ONP-Richard*Cranium
Peon

Post by ONP-Richard*Cranium » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:46 am

Ferret!
YOU DA WEASEL! (I mean that in a good way) :D

ONP-Richard*Cranium
Peon

Post by ONP-Richard*Cranium » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:35 pm

OK what did I do wrong? This is what I've got on the config line "#define SHORT_TERM 0" and "#define MYSQL_ENABLED 1"
But it is still resetting levels every map.
The "#define SHOPMENU_IN_BUYZONE 0" now works and the "#define XPLOIT_PROTECT 1" works too???
Is there a setting somewhere else I'm missing?

ONP-Richard*Cranium
Peon

Post by ONP-Richard*Cranium » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:07 pm

Lazarus, thanks for the idea but it did create the folder "compiled" just no other files in it.
The folders I am working with are on my home gaming system with me signed on as the admin (cuz my first thought was permissions too)
My next attempt is going to be loading the game and mods onto my work laptop (way too lame to play on) and trying it that way.
I have a lot of experience on system admin but apart from batch files and some ap scripting, code is something that spies use so you can't understand them. :lol:

ferret

Post by ferret » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:17 pm

Do you have the mysql module enabled and setup?

Check your log files for runtime errors from functions called "dbi"
-< www.gamehavoc.com >-

ONP-Richard*Cranium
Peon

Post by ONP-Richard*Cranium » Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:25 am

this was in the log. "L 07/30/2005 - 08:42:08: Server cvar "mp_savexp" = "1" " should it be 0?
it looks like the mysql is setup right.
Is vault any better or worse? I went with Mysql cuz I'm at least familiar w/SQL

ferret

Post by ferret » Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:59 am

Vault will work without you setting anything up. Its automatic and controlled by AMXX. Unless you end up with like 30000 players saved, it won't matter. And trust me, you won't :)
-< www.gamehavoc.com >-