Amxmodx 1.5

This is the place for general discussion about Warcraft3 XP, including install help.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

zempror
Peon

Amxmodx 1.5

Post by zempror » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:08 am

Will this work for Amxmodx 1.5?

algee2005
Peon

Post by algee2005 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:23 am

i guess you will have to recompile it on the new compiler, but it should be compatible oO

ferret
Lead Warcraft 3 XP Developer

Post by ferret » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:45 am

I don't know yet.
-< www.gamehavoc.com >-

Lazarus Long: And I know you didn't because the Server Files are version 2.2.6 and the file you posted is version 2.2.5, so do as I told you above and don't ever lie to me again or help is gone!

ferret

Post by ferret » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:05 am

Okay, I haven't ran the plugin under 1.5 yet, but..

To get the plugin to compile under 1.5, you'll have to remove a function from the plugin that luckily is completely unneeded. This is leftover code from Spacedude, its years old, and BAILOPAN seems to have changed the function prototype.. And I don't care enough to worry about fixing it.

Find this function:

Code: Select all

public inconsistent_file(id, const filename[], reason[256] ){
   new name[MAX_NAME_LENGTH]
   get_user_name(id,name,MAX_NAME_LENGTH-1)
   server_print("I: %s for %s",filename,name)
   server_print("R: %s",reason)
   format(reason,255,"File %s may be outdated or modified",filename)
   return PLUGIN_HANDLED
}
Delete or comment it out and the plugin will compile. Tonight I'll test whether or not it actually works, this is all I can do for now.
-< www.gamehavoc.com >-

Lazarus Long: And I know you didn't because the Server Files are version 2.2.6 and the file you posted is version 2.2.5, so do as I told you above and don't ever lie to me again or help is gone!

ferret

Post by ferret » Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:32 am

I didn't get to this last night, maybe this weekend. I really don't want to put anything "official" behind AMXX 1.5 until the new metamod is available and 1.5 is out of "beta"
-< www.gamehavoc.com >-