Players getting kicked because of forced unmodified models

This is the place for general discussion about Warcraft3 XP, including install help.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

cacantre
Peon

Players getting kicked because of forced unmodified models

Post by cacantre » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:57 pm

Hi,

I am experimenting with this war3 xp plugin on a small server to possibly replace my current wc3ft on my main server because of the vault pruning option this mod has. Anyway when I start my server I get this message:

Code: Select all

L 09/13/2005 - 19:46:04: -------- Mapchange --------
[WC3] Forcing unmodified player models
[WC3] Using Engine Module, Long Term XP Modus, saving xp with: vault[1] mysql[0]
And I have noticed everytime someone tries to join they get kicked because of the forcing unmodified player models. It is always the vip.mdl.

Is there a way to turn this off or have I overlooked something?

Oh, bye the way i am using amxx 1.55 and warcraft3 2.6.1 and the only config setting i changed is the players start level and I recompiled the plugin.

Thanks,

Lazarus Long
Lead PITA SOB

Post by Lazarus Long » Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:07 pm

cacantre:

Have a look at this thread.

I'm still thinking on what to do about this. I'm not inclined at all in changing this behaviour, but I'll seek advice with ferret about the possible pros and cons of changing this. As I said I'm not inclined in doing it, but we'll see. Meanwhile the solution is in the above thread.

Regards,
Lazarus

Tassadarmaster
Peon

Post by Tassadarmaster » Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:22 am

Can't you also make player uses a warcraft 3 skin model?
Please take your time and register at http://www.tksce.hlds101.com/forum

cacantre
Peon

Post by cacantre » Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:01 am

Lazarus,

Thanks for the link...I did a search on both of my computers(different steam accounts) and I don't have any vip.mdl file on either of them. So my solution was to set the mp_consistency to 0 in amxx.cfg file and everything seems to work now. In my earlier post when I said people can't join, I meant literally nobody can join server. Now with the mp_consistency changed people can join and no probs.

Lazarus Long
Lead PITA SOB

Post by Lazarus Long » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:52 am

cacantre:

If you don't have a "%ProgramFiles%\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\<your steam account>\<the mod you are playing>\<mod dir>\models\player\vip\vip.mdl" file this means that it is being read directly from the gcf file located in "%ProgramFiles%\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\". This means that the most probable is that the copy in the server is the non-standard one, so better check that also.

Regards,
Lazarus

cacantre
Peon

Post by cacantre » Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:32 pm

Okay, I deleted the vip.mdl file from the server install and did an hlds update which replaced the file. Then I started the server and when I tried to join I got the same kick message as in my earlier post, so it is not the mdl on the server and all i have are the gcf files on both client accounts. I guess I have no choice but to set the mp_consistency to 0. It seems to work fine that way.

Lazarus Long
Lead PITA SOB

Post by Lazarus Long » Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:52 pm

cacantre:

Yes it seems like that... weird though. Is it still hapening to others as well after the server update? Or just with you?

You can allways circunvent the problem by creating the "%ProgramFiles%\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\<your steam account>\<the mod you are playing>\<mod dir>\models\player\vip" folder and manually copy the vip.mdl file from the server to it (a file on the system overrides a file in the gcf archive), but that only works for you, not for everybody else if they still get booted off the server.

Leaving the mp_consistency as 0 will work for everybody, but if someone has some modified models then playing Human or using the Cloak against such user will not work 'cause he will see them always, got the idea?

Regards,
Lazarus

cacantre
Peon

Post by cacantre » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:47 pm

It has got something to do with the plugin, because if I turn off the plugin and set my server to mp_consistency 1. I can join no problem, but with the plugin turned on I can't join unless the mp_consistency is set to 0. The 2.6.1 is the only version I have tried. Also if I copy the vip.mdl from the server to my client, I then get kicked for the urban.mdl.

Not that it really matters, but as a test I joined Ferret's server from both of my clients with no problem. So go figure....

Lazarus Long
Lead PITA SOB

Post by Lazarus Long » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:20 pm

Yes, I think it'll do the same for "models/player/arctic/arctic.mdl", "models/player/gign/gign.mdl", "models/player/gsg9/gsg9.mdl", "models/player/guerilla/guerilla.mdl", "models/player/leet/leet.mdl", "models/player/sas/sas.mdl", "models/player/terror/terror.mdl", "models/player/urban/urban.mdl" and "models/player/vip/vip.mdl" if they are different from the server's copy.

ferret is running 2.6.0 and a pre-2.7 test version, not 2.6.1 (at least I think he didn't upgrade).

I'll give a second look at the code, just in case...

Regards,
Lazarus

ferret
Lead Warcraft 3 XP Developer

Post by ferret » Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:20 am

Correct, I'm still running AMXX 1.01 at this moment and 2.6.

I'll look at this later. I know this isn't an issue on my server, but I'm not sure if I've turned off consistancy or not.
-< www.gamehavoc.com >-

Lazarus Long: And I know you didn't because the Server Files are version 2.2.6 and the file you posted is version 2.2.5, so do as I told you above and don't ever lie to me again or help is gone!

Lazarus Long
Lead PITA SOB

Post by Lazarus Long » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:59 am

Done some more testing and decided to remove forcing of mp_consistency, since if it's activated even when copying the models from the server it boots everybody off.

The gameserver admin can always reactivate it by setting "mp_consistency 1" in one of the config files.

This will be changed as of 2.6.2.
Lazarus

cacantre
Peon

Post by cacantre » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:19 pm

Thanks for all the help Lazarus. I look forward to the new release.

Lazarus Long
Lead PITA SOB

Post by Lazarus Long » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:32 pm

So go grab it from the Warcraft 3 XP - Announcements and Releases.

Cheers,
Lazarus

cacantre
Peon

Post by cacantre » Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:49 pm

I got the lastest release and here is the result:

L 09/15/2005 - 18:15:17: -------- Mapchange --------
[WC3] Forcing unmodified player models
[WC3] Using Engine Module, Long Term XP Modus, saving xp to: Vault[1] SQL[0]

[ 21] Warcraft 3 XP      2.6.2    ferret (Dopefish  warcraft3.amxx   running

I still have to set the mp_consistency cvar to 0.

Lazarus Long
Lead PITA SOB

Post by Lazarus Long » Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:01 pm

cacantre:

I'm absolutelly sure mp_consistency is deactivated in the plugin. What it does is check if the cvar is otherwise set and only then issue that message, so it is being set elsewere by the game server (unless it defaults to 1...).

Search for it in your config files just in case, and you can always set it off in one of them, if that works (as you have been doing). What I'm sure is that no longer it is being set by Warcraft 3 XP.

Cheers,
Lazarus

cacantre
Peon

Post by cacantre » Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:01 pm

The server defaults to mp_consistency 1. I double checked on my main server and it is also on 1. I looked through the sma file and see that the mp_consistency is //commented out but what about all the forced unmodified stuff..You think maybe this in combination with the default mp_consistency setting is making it do the same thing???? Just a thought.

/* Some custom player models don't render transparent, let's make sure the client has the originals */
        force_unmodified(force_exactfile,{0,0,0},{0,0,0},"models/player/arctic/arctic.mdl")
        force_unmodified(force_exactfile,{0,0,0},{0,0,0},"models/player/gign/gign.mdl")
        force_unmodified(force_exactfile,{0,0,0},{0,0,0},"models/player/gsg9/gsg9.mdl")
        force_unmodified(force_exactfile,{0,0,0},{0,0,0},"models/player/guerilla/guerilla.mdl")
        force_unmodified(force_exactfile,{0,0,0},{0,0,0},"models/player/leet/leet.mdl")
        force_unmodified(force_exactfile,{0,0,0},{0,0,0},"models/player/sas/sas.mdl")
        force_unmodified(force_exactfile,{0,0,0},{0,0,0},"models/player/terror/terror.mdl")
        force_unmodified(force_exactfile,{0,0,0},{0,0,0},"models/player/urban/urban.mdl")
        force_unmodified(force_exactfile,{0,0,0},{0,0,0},"models/player/vip/vip.mdl")
        // This is booting everybody off the server for AMX Mod X 1.5x
        // set_cvar_num("mp_consistency",1)

if (get_cvar_num("mp_consistency")!=0)
		server_print("[WC3] Forcing unmodified player models") 
        #if SHORT_TERM
		server_print("[WC3] Using Engine Module, Short Term XP Modus")
        #else
		server_print("[WC3] Using Engine Module, Long Term XP Modus, saving xp to: Vault[%d] SQL[%d]",VAULT_SAVE,MYSQL_ENABLED)
        #endif

return PLUGIN_CONTINUE

ferret

Post by ferret » Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:03 pm

mp_consistency probably isn't the issue. The force_exactfile is more likely.

VALVe has probably updated the CS 1.6 models on the client but not the server.
-< www.gamehavoc.com >-

Lazarus Long: And I know you didn't because the Server Files are version 2.2.6 and the file you posted is version 2.2.5, so do as I told you above and don't ever lie to me again or help is gone!

Lazarus Long
Lead PITA SOB

Post by Lazarus Long » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:41 pm

OK, I'll look into it, let me see what I can find out.

[EDIT]
  • OK, ferret is right, I made a binary compare of server and client models and they all differ (they even differ from Windows and Linux servers) so, for the time being, I'm deactivating the force_unmodified() functions, along with the mp_consistency cvar. This means that I had to make another release, so please get 2.6.3. I'm sorry for having made two in the same day, I should had tested further before releasing 2.6.2.
[/EDIT]
Lazarus

ferret

Post by ferret » Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:04 am

There may be the added fact that force_unmodified probably has never worked correctly. The recent changes to metamod and AMXX to promote better performance probably "fixed" it and resulted in this. These models between server and client have been out of sync for some time.
-< www.gamehavoc.com >-

cacantre
Peon

Post by cacantre » Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:58 pm

The new version seems to be working properly.

Thanks for all your help.