SQLite package

This is the place for general discussion about Warcraft3 XP, including install help.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Hawk552
Peon

SQLite package

Post by Hawk552 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:01 pm

I've been interested in using the SQLite package, but at the point where the guide says to type "sqlite3 <path>", the command prompt returns an invalid database. I tried creating one with sqlite3 alone, with AMXX, copied to C:/ (no folders), copied sqlite3 in the same dir, tried with and without a path, but nothing seems to work.

I've also tried this on two machines, one running WinXP Pro SP2, and another running Win2k3.

Thanks in advance.

Lazarus Long
Lead PITA SOB

Post by Lazarus Long » Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:13 pm

What? I didn't get it. please state the exact command line you are using.
Lazarus

Hawk552
Peon

Post by Hawk552 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:36 pm

That's the exact output I get. Yes I have installed it (I read the entire readme and got stuck at this point). Yes I know I probably did something stupid. If I did, please fill me in on what it is.

Lazarus Long
Lead PITA SOB

Post by Lazarus Long » Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:47 pm

Windows right? So you have to use Windows style slashes:

Code: Select all

sqlite3 C:\amxx.db
Now if you are doing it from scratch, you dont have a "C:\amxx.db" database, and the program will create one when you exit the interactive shell with the command .quit. You cannot read the database to execute SQL statements from itself, the .read command takes as input a text file, with a batch of SQL commands (normally such files have the .sql extension), so make sure of the filename you want to read from with the .read command.
Lazarus

Hawk552
Peon

Post by Hawk552 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:52 pm

Yes sorry, I should have said it's Windows as well as giving you this screenshot, of the window in the background:

After taking your suggestion, and using the Windows style slashes, I still seem to get this:

Lazarus Long
Lead PITA SOB

Post by Lazarus Long » Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:59 pm

The window in the foreground? It's what it should look like, it's OK. What are you trying to do?
Lazarus

Hawk552
Peon

Post by Hawk552 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:17 pm

Open it up so I can edit it like in the guide. It says that you have to open the DB to mess around with some of the stuff in it.

Lazarus Long
Lead PITA SOB

Post by Lazarus Long » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:19 pm

OK point me to where you are stuck (feed me the post and start of sentence where you are at), so I can understand the problem.
Lazarus

Hawk552
Peon

Post by Hawk552 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:26 pm

Here is the exact place I'm stuck:
Lazarus Long wrote: For Microsoft Windows start up the SQLite command-line program by issuing the following command in a Command Prompt (note that you must point to the exact same path where the amx_sql_db is pointing to, replace <steam folder> with the base path where you installed Steam, <steam account> with your Steam login name and <game mod folder> with the game you are running)

sqlite3 "<steam folder>\SteamApps\<steam account>\<game mod folder>\addons\amxmodx\data\amxx.db"
I tried with the Steam folder (although I run a stand alone server, but obviously used the correct path) as well as copying the DB into my C:/ drive root. For some reason sqlite3 just doesn't want to read the arguments I give it, or doesn't like the format. I might also try this on Linux, as I dual boot it (but it won't help at all, my server is Windows and that's ultimately where it's going to be put to use).

Thanks.

Lazarus Long
Lead PITA SOB

Post by Lazarus Long » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:35 pm

Feed me you server path, please (better yet the AMX Mod X path under your server).
Lazarus

Hawk552
Peon

Post by Hawk552 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:55 pm

C:/HLServer/zetaraedon/cstrike/addons/amxmodx/

[ramble]
And no I really don't care that you have my server's username, I don't get why people remove those when they post it. It's like a forum account, a username doesn't do jack if you don't have the password. It's not even a paid account, I made it with the HLDS update tool. [/ramble]

Lazarus Long
Lead PITA SOB

Post by Lazarus Long » Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:06 pm

Hawk552 wrote:[ramble]
And no I really don't care that you have my server's username, I don't get why people remove those when they post it. It's like a forum account, a username doesn't do jack if you don't have the password. It's not even a paid account, I made it with the HLDS update tool. [/ramble]
I second that and the same for the STEAM ID.

OK, if you enter:

sqlite3 "C:\HLServer\zetaraedon\cstrike\addons\amxmodx\data\amxx.db"
on a Command prompt you'll end up in the interactive shell, so continue to follow the HOWTO from point IV.2.3 Create the AMX Mod X admins table by issuing the following command in the SQLite interactive shell.
Lazarus

Hawk552
Peon

Post by Hawk552 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:18 pm

It still seems to simply enter the program without reading the parameters. Here is another screenshot, following the exact instructions you gave. (I'm going to stop directly linking to pics, it's probably killing everyone's bandwidth)

Lazarus Long
Lead PITA SOB

Post by Lazarus Long » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:43 pm

Humm... something is wrong, we aren't understanding each other. That is what it's supose to do, you then continue to write in the interactive SQL console the commands that follow. You are at point IV.2.3 right?
Lazarus

Hawk552
Peon

Post by Hawk552 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:51 pm

Oh! I thought it would give some sort of confirming message, thanks.