Giving XP

This is the place for general discussion about Warcraft3 XP, including install help.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

blake.403
Peon

Giving XP

Post by blake.403 » Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:04 pm

Hi, this may seem like an easy question, but im wondering.. For my server im allowing ppl to pay for lvls/exp, anyways im wondering how do i give ppl exp? Im using vault btw.

blake.403
Peon

Post by blake.403 » Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:24 pm

sry for the double post, but i couldnt edit my last post, but like for for giving xp, whats the command to give it to a certain race? And how can i find out how much exp is needed from lvl to lvl without having to go to lvl 10 myself.

Lazarus Long
Lead PITA SOB

Post by Lazarus Long » Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:19 pm

For all your questions: try this link.
Lazarus

blake.403
Peon

Post by blake.403 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:20 am

yes, i checked search, couldnt find what i was looking for. I guess i just worded myself wrong. Im mainly wondering if i can "set" the xp for each race indiviually for a certain person. I checked the vault.ini, but only found 6 slots (looked as tho character exp slots) where as there are 8 characters enabled. And it didnt even look like the real xp, as it was only showing 2000 something for me when i had alot more then that. But neways. Im mainly wondering, if i can set the xp of someone, not give (that adds onto what they alrdy have). This way it would be easier if someone donated so they could get a lvl 8 human. Well yes i can do this, but the only way i know how to is if he was in game with me and i had to know how much xp he alrdy has. Then i have to do some math and figure out how much to give him so he reaches lvl 8 without boosting him past that mark.

So if theres an easier way where i can just plug in a steamid into a cfg file, or w/e and then set his/her xp for a certain character, then plz tell me.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Oh ya one issue im having problems with is what lvl you start at. I've set it lvl 2 but its not doing nething.

This is what it shows in the cfg:

#define STARTINGLEVEL 2 // Which level should players start out at. Useful for long term servers
// or for clanwars / leagues.

It used to have the // in front of #define but i took them off after i changed the starting level. Anyways if anyone knows why this isnt working plz tell me. Once again Thanks

Sn3jk
Peon

Post by Sn3jk » Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:39 am

Hm about the starting lvl so most people play a round before they get the starting lvl. Atleast it's so on my server.. :)
And if you use amxx 1.50-1.60 have you compile it when made tha changes?

ferret
Lead Warcraft 3 XP Developer

Post by ferret » Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:29 am

Read this if you don't understand how warcraft3.cfg works:

viewtopic.php?t=96
-< www.gamehavoc.com >-

Lazarus Long: And I know you didn't because the Server Files are version 2.2.6 and the file you posted is version 2.2.5, so do as I told you above and don't ever lie to me again or help is gone!

blake.403
Peon

Post by blake.403 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:03 pm

well when i made the changes it was only in the cfg, not in the sma file. But i would change that then start playing and nothing happened. Also when i tried this there was only 2 ppl playing (me and 1 other person) and i the xploit set to 4 ppl, would this effect it?

Sn3jk
Peon

Post by Sn3jk » Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:01 am

What version of amx does you got? and if it's a newer you will have to recompile, read the tread that ferret points you to and it whould be all fine... 8)
Edit: saw your other tread now and that your about so complie, sry! :wink:

ferret

Post by ferret » Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:42 am

The CFG file has to be in the amxmodx/scripting folder, same as the SMA file.
-< www.gamehavoc.com >-

Lazarus Long: And I know you didn't because the Server Files are version 2.2.6 and the file you posted is version 2.2.5, so do as I told you above and don't ever lie to me again or help is gone!

blake.403
Peon

Post by blake.403 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:58 am

both there, i keep them updated whenever i change a the cfg file i always add it to the scripting and the config folder

Edit: after i added my script i still got this error:

Welcome to the AMX Mod X 1.60-300 Compiler.
Copyright (c) 1997-2005 ITB CompuPhase, AMX Mod X Team

/home/users/amxmodx/tmp3/phpuuKuvB.sma(59) : fatal error 100: cannot read from file: "warcraft3.cfg"

Compilation aborted.
1 Error.
Could not locate output file /home/groups/amxmodx/public_html/websc3/phpuuKuvB.amx (compile failed).

So... im not sure if im putting the new code in correctly or what. I tried using notepad to add it as i could keep it as a sma file without having to save it as any form of txt, then editing the extension. But it was very confusing and hard as the code had no formatting or w/e dun to it, so it was extremely bunched and crowded. In wordpad its fine but it forces you to save it as a txt and then i wasnt sure if my deleting of .txt or .rtf to .sma was screwing it up and giving me that error.

Marz3
Peon

Post by Marz3 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:10 am

did you try to compile a .cfg file?

lol

only compile .sma files

ferret

Post by ferret » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:28 am

The .cfg file is #included into the .sma

You cannot use the webcompiler to compiler WC3XP
-< www.gamehavoc.com >-