Server lag since RC5

Read log files for errors! If this fails, come here for help

Moderator: Forum Moderator

kevlartester
Militia

Server lag since RC5

Post by kevlartester » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:29 am

our server, running rc3, has been crashed by the hoster and we decided to install v3 rc5...thats one week ago and the problem now is that the ping of our server nearly doubled (means before i had a ping of 50 tom max 70 and now its about 120)
the only change we did was in the saving mode...before the crash we saved by NVault but because of the remove of this feature we decided to save by SQLite (in hope there will be a function to 'copy' the XP to rc6)

anybody has an idea how to solve this lag-problem?

--- Please enter the following information for support ---
War3ft Version: v3.0 RC5
Amxmodx Version: v1.76c
Metamod Version: v1.19p28
amxx list:

Code: Select all

Currently loaded plugins:
       name                    version  author            file             status   
 [  1] Admin Base              1.76c    AMXX Dev Team     admin.amxx       running  
 [  2] Admin Commands          1.76c    AMXX Dev Team     admincmd.amxx    running  
 [  3] Admin Help              1.76c    AMXX Dev Team     adminhelp.amxx   running  
 [  4] Slots Reservation       1.76c    AMXX Dev Team     adminslots.amxx  running  
 [  5] Multi-Lingual System    1.76c    AMXX Dev Team     multilingual.am  running  
 [  6] Menus Front-End         1.76c    AMXX Dev Team     menufront.amxx   running  
 [  7] Commands Menu           1.76c    AMXX Dev Team     cmdmenu.amxx     running  
 [  8] Players Menu            1.76c    AMXX Dev Team     plmenu.amxx      running  
 [  9] Maps Menu               1.76c    AMXX Dev Team     mapsmenu.amxx    running  
 [ 10] Admin Chat              1.76c    AMXX Dev Team     adminchat.amxx   running  
 [ 11] Anti Flood              1.76c    AMXX Dev Team     antiflood.amxx   running  
 [ 12] Scrolling Message       1.76c    AMXX Dev Team     scrollmsg.amxx   running  
 [ 13] Info. Messages          1.76c    AMXX Dev Team     imessage.amxx    running  
 [ 14] Admin Votes             1.76c    AMXX Dev Team     adminvote.amxx   running  
 [ 15] NextMap                 1.76c    AMXX Dev Team     nextmap.amxx     running  
 [ 16] TimeLeft                1.76c    AMXX Dev Team     timeleft.amxx    running  
 [ 17] Pause Plugins           1.76c    AMXX Dev Team     pausecfg.amxx    running  
 [ 18] Stats Configuration     1.76c    AMXX Dev Team     statscfg.amxx    running  
 [ 19] Restrict Weapons        1.76c    AMXX Dev Team     restmenu.amxx    running  
 [ 20] StatsX                  1.76c    AMXX Dev Team     statsx.amxx      running  
 [ 21] CS Misc. Stats          1.76c    AMXX Dev Team     miscstats.amxx   running  
 [ 22] CS Stats Logging        1.76c    AMXX Dev Team     stats_logging.a  running  
 [ 23] Warcraft 3 Frozen Thro  3.0 RC5  Geesu & Avanderi  war3ft.amxx      debug    
 [ 24] ATAC                    2.5.5.5  T(+)rget/f117bom  atac.2.5.5.5.am  running  
 [ 25] ATAC Config             1.1.09   f117bomb & T(+)r  amxx_atac_cfg.a  running  
 [ 26] DeagsMapManage          2.30b    Deags             deagsmapmanage2  running  
26 plugins, 26 running
amxx modules:

Currently loaded modules:
      name                    version  author               status     
 [ 1] Fun                     1.76     AMX Mod X Dev Team   running    
 [ 2] CStrike                 1.76     AMX Mod X Dev Team   running    
 [ 3] CSX                     1.76c    AMX Mod X Dev Team   running    
 [ 4] Engine                  1.76     AMX Mod X Dev Team   running    
 [ 5] FakeMeta                1.76b    AMX Mod X Dev Team   running    
 [ 6] nVault                  1.76c    AMX Mod X Dev Team   running    
 [ 7] MySQL                   1.76b    AMX Mod X Dev Team   running    
7 modules, 7 correct

meta list:

Currently loaded plugins:
      description      stat pend  file              vers      src   load  unlod
 [ 1] AMX Mod X        RUN   -    amxmodx_mm_i386.  v1.76c    ini   ANY   ANY  
 [ 2] Fun              RUN   -    fun_amxx_i386.so  v1.76     pl1   ANY   ANY  
 [ 3] CStrike          RUN   -    cstrike_amxx_i38  v1.76     pl1   ANY   ANY  
 [ 4] CSX              RUN   -    csx_amxx_i386.so  v1.76c    pl1   ANY   ANY  
 [ 5] Engine           RUN   -    engine_amxx_i386  v1.76     pl1   ANY   ANY  
 [ 6] FakeMeta         RUN   -    fakemeta_amxx_i3  v1.76b    pl1   ANY   ANY  
 [ 7] MySQL            RUN   -    mysql_amxx_i386.  v1.76b    pl1   ANY   ANY  
7 plugins, 7 running

YamiKaitou
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by YamiKaitou » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:33 am

If you are saving to SQLite, why does your active modules not have SQLite listed? Also, try it without any extra plugins enabled and see if the results are still the same

No support via PM or Email

kevlartester
Militia

Post by kevlartester » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:40 am

i'll have a look on the SQLite thing

well we ran the server with the same plugins before and there were no lags...
i think it will be be the SQLite point....we'll see

kevlartester
Militia

Post by kevlartester » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:56 am

sorry for double posting but thats the way you see that its new...

i just enabled the sqlite module in the modules.ini and now i have a new problem: changerace menu isn't shown....well and i noticed some people have got a "normal" ping (30-60) and others have not (100+)

YamiKaitou
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by YamiKaitou » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:05 am

The changerace menu is a known bug for RC5 in general, regardless what you are saving to. Are the players who have 100+ ping normaly have a "normal" ping when in your server? Cause they may be located someplace where their "normal" ping for your server (or others located in the same area) is 100+.

Does the menu not appear at all during the entire course of the map? Like, if your mp_timelimit is set to 20, does the changerace menu never appear during that 20 mins, even when players type "changerace" in say OR console? Also, have you tried accessing the race selection menu through war3menu?

kevlartester
Militia

Post by kevlartester » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:15 am

i have binded "changerace" on a button -> nothing happend
"changerace" into chat -> nothing happend
going the way with war3menu -> nothing happend

well at least i did not want to wait 20min.....but in the 5min i was on the server no changerace menu opend...but the other menues like war3menu did

YamiKaitou
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by YamiKaitou » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:43 am

Okay, now I am just trying to narrow down the problem so I can see if I can create a quick fix for it.

Did the menu have any wait time before it displayed when you were saving to something other than SQLite? If yes, about how long and what were you saving to.

Does the menu display if the player has never played on your server before?

Did you have any other menu open at the time you tried to access the changerace? If yes, what menu. (Any menu means any menu from any plugin, including the buy menu)

What are your values for the following cvars?
wc3_save_xp
wc3_save_xp_db
wc3_save_by
wc3_save_end_round
wc3_min_players
wc3_cheats
wc3_races
(I would prefer you to get the values while in the game using the amx_cvar command, but I am not requiring you to do it that way)

kevlartester
Militia

Post by kevlartester » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:04 am

thank you in advance

well before we saved to NVault and there was no wait time for any menu

uhh...couldn't test this point yet....

no other menus were opend while i tried to access the menu

wc3_save_xp 1
wc3_save_xp_db 2
wc3_save_by 0
wc3_save_end_round 1 (have already tried "0" here but that didn't change the ping)
wc3_min_players 2
wc3_cheats 0
wc3_races 8
(took the values from hlsw-console)

YamiKaitou
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by YamiKaitou » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:11 am

Okay, when I get a chance, I will see if I am able to create something.

kevlartester
Militia

Post by kevlartester » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:09 am

for some reason the ping is normal now (wasnt yesterday and i changed nothing....)

well but all the players are still unable to open the changerace menu but all other menus, so our server runs the normal cs1.6 with all the wc3ft shopmenu items...
even if its ... well ... funny we're losing players day by day i think ... already thought of downgrading wc3ft to RC3
my question now: will the XP stay if i just over-write the RC5 "war3ft.amxx" file in the plugins folder? (saving by SQLite)

YamiKaitou
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by YamiKaitou » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:13 am

I can't guarentee it, but I think it should. I would make a back up of it anyways, just in case

kevlartester
Militia

Post by kevlartester » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:36 am

ok i just downgraded wc3ft to v3.0 rc3 and restartet the server but the funny thing is - you still aren't able to open this damn changerace menu!

i have got no idea what i should do now... maybe reinstall or another saving mode?

YamiKaitou
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by YamiKaitou » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:51 am

Try a different saving mode, see if that helps. Cause, it might be SQLite that is causing the issue. But, if it still happens, do a reinstall of AmxX

Senne
Rifleman

Post by Senne » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:33 pm

Euhm if it helps i had the exact problem with SQLite , it wouldnt open changerace or the xp.
When back altered it to MYSQL , it would still not genertate the changerace and savedxp.
But then i clean install of warcraft and editing the configs again, and myssl was fine then.
I think switchin on SQlite generates bugs that do not disappear with shutiing it off again.

kevlartester
Militia

Post by kevlartester » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:02 pm

i solved the problem!!
just tell me why is NVault removed in RC6 ? cause i just switched back to it and the XP (saved by SQLite before) stay, changerace-menu is opening and everything is fine!
is it possible that the SQLite function is just a second NVault saving method with a different name? xD
whatever! NVault rockz :D
i will miss it in RC6