broke mole & orc nades

Read log files for errors! If this fails, come here for help

Moderator: Forum Moderator

clad
Peon

broke mole & orc nades

Post by clad » Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:27 pm

hello,I am an admin and we run a 22 player server 24/7. It's always full.
2 things i have noticed and wanted to see if it's just our server or if other have noticed this.
1st. The mole breaks half or 3quarters the way threw the map on every map. our server runs 40 min maps.
what i have noticed is on 2 occasions i have bought a mole, then 1 of the teams(either one) would cap the finial flag which would restart the round.From that point on the moles did not work, meaning anyone that bought a mole would spawn in a wall or outside of the map.When the map changes it would all be fine then.Now i can't say the mole breaks because of buying it then the round restarts, thats just what happened to me.
2nd. if you pick the class O R C I S H H O R D E (#3 in the menu) you get the nades with the red trail correct?
If your that class and you go buy orc nades in the items menu (shopmenu2 then #6) it seems you lose your trail that comes with the nades you just bought. I thought those nades had the same amount of damage as the O R C I S H H O R D E nades,but do not.

this is a DOD server with amxx.
amxx 1.01
metamod 1.17.4
Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne 2.2.4

thanks for any help.

Geesu
<b>King of the world!</b>

Post by Geesu » Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:17 pm

1st) not sure about that, seems like a bug in my code
2nd) thats how it is, if you get a nade from the gloves, they don't do extra damage :P (this would be WAY cheap)

clad
Peon

Post by clad » Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:36 pm

lol... yes i guess that would be.
but it would be nice for a cvar 0/1 to turn it on and off. because we can adjust how often that extra nade is given.
Another thing i forgot to say was if you are O R C I S H H O R D E ( get the major damage nades ), if you buy the orc nades before you use your major damge nades.The major damage nades do not work, only the extra one's that you buy .

Geesu

Post by Geesu » Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:14 pm

there is a cvar, look in the war3ft.cfg :)

clad
Peon

Post by clad » Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:18 pm

your missing what i am asking. the cvar would turn on and off the major damage nades(which i think is what your saying), but you do not get the major damage nades when you buy the Flaming gloves.

Odin(D)
Peon

Post by Odin(D) » Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:24 pm

clad wrote:your missing what i am asking. the cvar would turn on and off the major damage nades(which i think is what your saying), but you do not get the major damage nades when you buy the Flaming gloves.
Read the config carefully. If I remember correctly there is a section...Oh hell, let me pull it up to cut and paste it:

FT_glove_orc_damage 0 // When using gloves, should orcs be given the critical dmg? (Default is 0)

If this is set to 1, Orcs will always have the Extra Damage. even after buying the "Flamming Gloves of Warmth".
The only other thing a person can do is "not" buy the gloves till after the 1st nades are used.

Right Geesu?

Geesu

Post by Geesu » Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:26 pm

LOL, no clad you didn't read the config file... yes odin you are correct :)

clad
Peon

Post by clad » Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:27 pm

ahh crap..... i'm sry about that. :oops:
Last edited by clad on Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Geesu

Post by Geesu » Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:28 pm

:P