How to set Higher Possible Level

Read log files for errors! If this fails, come here for help

Moderator: Forum Moderator

W1f4r3
Peon

How to set Higher Possible Level

Post by W1f4r3 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:55 am

How to set like level 24 and all skills have 6 levels ??? i really want to know this because in my server guys are playing and telling so i change the LVL and SKILLS how to do that ?
Ty Ty all!

Lazarus Long
Lead PITA SOB

Re: How to set Higher Possible Level

Post by Lazarus Long » Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:44 am

Hello, W1f4r3:
W1f4r3 wrote:How to set like level 24 and all skills have 6 levels ??? i really want to know this because in my server guys are playing and telling so i change the LVL and SKILLS how to do that ?
That's easy. Grab the current version from the download page, install it, go to the addons/amxmodx/scripting dir search the warcraft3FT.sma edit it and change the number of levels/skills at will.

Please post back the results of your changes since if they are good enough they might get incorporated back in the MOD.

or

If the above seems to difficult or hard work (which incidentally it is both things) and your players are just achieving high levels too fast, reset your XP for everyone, edit "addons/amxmodx/configs/war3FT.cfg" and change the values of the variables that grant XP (read the comments in the file they are very explanatory), you might want to give special attention to mp_xpmultiplier and set it to something higher (for instance for your 24 level idea against the current 10 you could use 2.4).

Best regards,
Lazarus

Geesu
<b>King of the world!</b>

Post by Geesu » Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:21 am

Yea it's not that easy.... it's actually not easy at all

W1f4r3
Peon

Gah!-

Post by W1f4r3 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:57 pm

heh... in warcraft3FT.sma there are just included files which are stored at addons/amxmodx/scripting/war3ft and addons/amxmodx/scripting/include blah! i maked in constants.inl (where lvls and skills are stored) but i dont have them ingame i think ingame max lvl possible is just 10 and skills the same :/ maybe i have to change something more ?
Geesu... maybe you can tell where to change something more ?
Ty Ty all!

Geesu

Post by Geesu » Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:17 pm

It's not just an option to change, it would be a TON of shit to change

Lazarus Long
Lead PITA SOB

Re: How to set Higher Possible Level

Post by Lazarus Long » Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:56 pm

Lazarus Long wrote:If the above seems too difficult or hard work (which incidentally it is both things) and your players are just achieving high levels too fast, reset your XP for everyone, edit "addons/amxmodx/configs/war3FT.cfg" and change the values of the variables that grant XP (read the comments in the file they are very explanatory), you might want to give special attention to mp_xpmultiplier and set it to something higher (for instance for your 24 level idea against the current 10 you could use 2.4).
Got it?
Lazarus

W1f4r3
Peon

Post by W1f4r3 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:13 pm

Lazarus i already make xpmultiplier at 5.0 but i need to change levels grr... Geesu please say which files i have to change.. i will do it... but i need that my players dont get mad by everytime asking the same: When u will make the 24 lvl system ??? WHn WHen WHen ? :/ :| :(
Ty Ty all!

Geesu

Post by Geesu » Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:46 am

like uhhhh... every file... and no I won't make it

Lazarus Long
Lead PITA SOB

Post by Lazarus Long » Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:15 pm

W1f4r3:
W1f4r3 wrote:Lazarus i already make xpmultiplier at 5.0 but i need to change levels grr... Geesu please say which files i have to change.. i will do it... but i need that my players dont get mad by everytime asking the same: When u will make the 24 lvl system ???
Man, maybe nor I nor Geesu were clear enough: What you want implies editing/changing almost every file, it's just like creating a whole new plugin, so if you want to do it go ahead, but it's not easy and it will take a whole lot of time.

Regards,
Lazarus

W1f4r3
Peon

Post by W1f4r3 » Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:09 pm

gah almost normal answers :) i will make new plugin then:) thx :)

GL & HF for me ;)
Ty Ty all!