need help with War3ft bad load please

Read log files for errors! If this fails, come here for help

Moderator: Forum Moderator

mayhemdred
Peon

need help with War3ft bad load please

Post by mayhemdred » Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:09 pm

I'm hoping you guys can help me here. I downloaded cs_cz_war3ft_v2.2.4 that is preconfigured to run with amxx. Everything
works fine on my cz server .... but for cs, I recieve a bad load for war3ft when I use metamod.cfg or autoexec.cfg to load zbotcz.dll.

Code: Select all

Load fails: Plugin uses an unknown function (name "Item_Set_Helm") - check your modules.ini. (plugin "warcraft3FT.amxx")
43 plugins, 42 runni
My Meta list:

[ 1] AMX Mod X        RUN   -    amxmodx_mm.dll    v1.01     ini  ANY   ANY  
 [ 2] Monster          RUN   -    monster_mm.dll    v3.01.04  ini  Chlvl Chlvl
 [ 3] STATSME          RUN   -    statsme_mm.dll    v2.8.2    ini  Chlvl Chlvl
3 plugins, 3 run
My module list:

[ 1] Fun                     1.01     AMX Mod X Dev Team   running    
 [ 2] Engine                  1.01     AMX Mod X Dev Team   running    
 [ 3] FakeMeta                1.01     AMX Mod X Dev Team   running    
 [ 4] MySQL                   1.01     AMX Mod X Dev Team   running    
 [ 5] RegEx                   1.01     AMX Mod X Dev Team   running    
 [ 6] CStrike                 1.01     AMX Mod X Dev Team   running    
 [ 7] CSX                     1.01     AMX Mod X Dev Team   running    
 [ 8] War3ft                  2.2.3    Geesu (Pimp Daddy)   running    
8 modules, 8 correct
when I run the server with zbotcz, it runs fine, but with zboycz, i get the
unknown function (name "Item_Set_Helm") error. What is strange is that cz uses the same zbotcz.dll, it just loads it differently, it doesn't have to be added to a launch config.

Do you guys have any ideas on how to fix this so I can use the zbots on my server with war3ft? I'd rather not use podbots. How would you load metamod.dll without doing it from the liblist? maybe that might solve the problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

P.s.- I know this doesn't matter much, but the amx war3ft that i downloaded works fine with cs and zbotcz, but I prefer to use amxx since amx is pretty much a thing of the past.

Lazarus Long
Lead PITA SOB

Re: need help with War3ft bad load please

Post by Lazarus Long » Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:46 pm

Hello, mayhemdred:
mayhemdred wrote:Everything
works fine on my cz server .... but for cs, I recieve a bad load for war3ft when I use metamod.cfg or autoexec.cfg to load zbotcz.dll.
You do realize that the zBot system for CS is both a illegal rip and unsupported, so no addon for CS is required to support it, right?
mayhemdred wrote:

Load fails: Plugin uses an unknown function (name "Item_Set_Helm") - check your modules.ini. (plugin "warcraft3FT.amxx")
43 plugins, 42 runni
My Meta list:

[ 1] AMX Mod X        RUN   -    amxmodx_mm.dll    v1.01     ini  ANY   ANY  
 [ 2] Monster          RUN   -    monster_mm.dll    v3.01.04  ini  Chlvl Chlvl
 [ 3] STATSME          RUN   -    statsme_mm.dll    v2.8.2    ini  Chlvl Chlvl
3 plugins, 3 run
My module list:

[ 1] Fun                     1.01     AMX Mod X Dev Team   running    
 [ 2] Engine                  1.01     AMX Mod X Dev Team   running    
 [ 3] FakeMeta                1.01     AMX Mod X Dev Team   running    
 [ 4] MySQL                   1.01     AMX Mod X Dev Team   running    
 [ 5] RegEx                   1.01     AMX Mod X Dev Team   running    
 [ 6] CStrike                 1.01     AMX Mod X Dev Team   running    
 [ 7] CSX                     1.01     AMX Mod X Dev Team   running    
 [ 8] War3ft                  2.2.3    Geesu (Pimp Daddy)   running    
8 modules, 8 correct
It would help a lot to know what are the 43 plugins not just the error message of the one failing. As a direct reply to your error, please make sure you read the FAQ, in particular Why will the helm of excellence not work?, you are running the CSX module, why do you need the StatsMe at all?
mayhemdred wrote:when I run the server with zbotcz, it runs fine, but with zboycz, i get the
unknown function (name "Item_Set_Helm") error. What is strange is that cz uses the same zbotcz.dll, it just loads it differently, it doesn't have to be added to a launch config.
What is the zboycz, don't know of it, the rest is due to zBot being a illegal hack for CS as stated above.
mayhemdred wrote:Do you guys have any ideas on how to fix this so I can use the zbots on my server with war3ft? I'd rather not use podbots. How would you load metamod.dll without doing it from the liblist? maybe that might solve the problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
First, you really should consider PODBot for CS, it is legal, supported, and you wouldn't have to post this question if you did.

Now, although there are ways to load metamod.dll other than liblist.gam, you will not use that approach, Metamod should always be the first in the link chain (yeah, yeah, I know what the Cheating-Death guys say, but for me they are both lazy and wrong). What you will do is try to load the zbotcz.dll after Metamod, for that you are going to try either the Metamod's config.ini or the +localinfo mm_gamedll approaches, but bare in mind that it isn't sure they work with zBot, sometimes they do, others they don't.

I hope this helps,
Lazarus

mayhemdred
Peon

Post by mayhemdred » Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:02 pm

Thanks for the fast answer, but i have done it with the statsme on and off, with no other plugins, and still the same thing happens. war3ft seems to be the only thing that I cant run zbot on, besides csv15 :wink: . I know zbot is not "supported" but i do believe it is a better bot, and like I said, i've never had a problem running my mods or plugins with it before war3ft. War3, war3x, and UWC3 all work great with it. I personally think that podbot are a little too "aimbotish" if you know what i mean. I'm sure its something simple that can be solved by someone who is smarter than I am. :D or maybe it is just not possible to be done. Either way, thanks for the answer. :D

Lazarus Long
Lead PITA SOB

Post by Lazarus Long » Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:41 am

Hello, mayhemdred:
0mayhemdred wrote:I know zbot is not "supported" but i do believe it is a better bot
Subject to arguement, what I can agree with you is that it's simplier to setup.
0mayhemdred wrote:I personally think that podbot are a little too "aimbotish" if you know what i mean.
Set "inhumanturns off" and lower the turn amounts in "addons/podbot/botskill.cfg".

Regards,
Lazarus