restricting item(s)

Read log files for errors! If this fails, come here for help

Moderator: Forum Moderator

frugt
Peon

restricting item(s)

Post by frugt » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:00 am

Hey...

I would like to know if its possible to restrict certain items on certain maps or restricting items in generel... My wc3ft server is running a lot of different maps including aim_maps such as aim_glock and aim_map_usp, which is totally ruined cus of peoples use of the glove of warmth thats generate a heating nade every ten second....
If its not possible, i would like to know if there is any chance that this feature could apear in a future update or so ???
thanks for ure friendly answar :)

frugt
Peon

Post by frugt » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:40 am

*bump*

plz.. anyone knows???

Avanderik
<b><i>King of Kings!</b></i>

Post by Avanderik » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:51 am

You will be able to restrict gloves on certain maps with the next release.
War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...

Order is for idiots, genius masters chaos...

erik2k3
Militia

Post by erik2k3 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:35 pm

simple solution : u do have the option no_gloves_on_ka ( or similar ) set to "1" in the war3ft.cfg ? good !

next step : go to your scripting folder, locate "other.inl" ( scripting -> war3ft )

locate the first few lines and edit them .... voila !

Code: Select all

#if MOD ==0
		new mapname[32]
		get_mapname(mapname,31) 
		if (containi(mapname,"ka_")!=-1 || containi(mapname,"nub2")!=-1 || containi(mapname,"scoutzknivez")!=-1 || containi(mapname,"fy_")!=-1 || containi(mapname,"deagle")!=-1 || containi(mapname,"aim_")!=-1){
			g_givePistol=false
			if (iCvar[FT_NO_GLOVES_ON_KA])
				g_giveHE=false
			else
				g_giveHE=true
		}
		else{
			g_giveHE=true
			g_givePistol=true
		}
		if(iCvar[FT_NO_ORCNADES]){
			if (containi(mapname,"ka_")!=-1 || containi(mapname,"nub2")!=-1 || containi(mapname,"jail_riot")!=-1 || containi(mapname,"fy_")!=-1 || containi(mapname,"deagle")!=-1|| containi(mapname,"rats")!=-1 || containi(mapname,"aim_")!=-1 || containi(mapname,"he_")!=-1 || containi(mapname,"omme")!=-1 ) 
				g_notAllowHE=true
			else
				g_notAllowHE=false
		}
	#endif
as you can see, on all maps containing certain string the gloves are disables, and orc nades as well ( the code line underneath the gloves config )

then : recompile the plugin and upload it to your server -> mapchange and all is in effect !