war3 funallinone no weapon speeding

Read log files for errors! If this fails, come here for help

Moderator: Forum Moderator

kp_downarrow
Rifleman

war3 funallinone no weapon speeding

Post by kp_downarrow » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:21 pm

on map fun_allinone, players go faster on spawn untill they went throu a teleport

only when war3 is enabled, they go fast at spawn

y? does warcraft do this or is it some conflict

when i turn war3 off, it stops going fast fast fast fast

anders_dog
Militia

Post by anders_dog » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:35 pm

Many people have a love-hate relationship with that map. Most server operators hate it, most punters love it. I fall in both categories. It's buggy as all hell, and there are at least four known exploits which will reliably crash your server HARD. No, I'm not posting them on a public forum.

Speeding to the door is the least of your problems. I wish the original developer would release a fixed version.

I'm guessing that it would be next to impossible for Geesu to fix anything with regard to that specific map.

Geesu
<b>King of the world!</b>

Post by Geesu » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:11 pm

anders you know what the problems are with it? I wonder if it would be possible to create a plugin to modify the map @ runtime to fix those issues....
No Support via PM

anders_dog
Militia

Post by anders_dog » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:25 pm

I'm no mapper, so I can't really say if these details can be fixed by a plugin or not. Short version is: if a player is in one of several places when the round starts, then the server crashes. Yes, I know people at spawn get slain. I don't really want to go into any more detail publicly. There are enough punks out there exploiting what's actually quite a fun map, just for kicks and giggles.

If you can make a plugin to slay (erm, how about a perm ban?) every player not inside the selected game realm when the map starts, then I'm pretty sure that will take care of almost all of the bugs.

None of this has anything to do with the speed bug. I'm going to try to recreate that right now.

-e- It's marginally faster, but not really that fast, I wouldn't worry about it that much.

After testing it very briefly I found some kid had a new exploit which annihilated both teams while he was in the booth waiting for the booth's external door to open. Nice. :-(

Sigh.

kp_downarrow
Rifleman

Post by kp_downarrow » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:22 pm

um.. the speeding makes people go thru the teleport together and get stuck and servercrash because of entities

anders_dog
Militia

Post by anders_dog » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:26 pm

It crashes without the slight speed increase. It's not that much faster, so I don't really think that's the root of the problem.

kp_downarrow
Rifleman

Post by kp_downarrow » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:41 pm

its just increases the chances of crash

and the map is really buggy i gotta agree

mexykanu
Rifleman

Post by mexykanu » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:46 am

on map fun_allinone, players go faster on spawn untill they went throu a teleport
wrong. your speed equals the speed with the LAST weapon. so if you had a 5-1 you're slow. if you had a AWP with the second scope on worse etc

fun_allinone's spawns were badly designed from the begining... it either needs to increase the speeds from where you go to a level, or spawn each player differently for each level, or use a multi_trigger (i think) to use a different level each round, so there will be no bugs for spawning.

anders_dog
Militia

Post by anders_dog » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:03 am

To be fair, I just tried it out on a vanilla server and a wc3ft 3.0 rc6 b4 server. In both cases I started from spectator and a fresh map change. It was *marginally* faster on wc3ft 3.0. Really nothing much to complain about, and barely effects gameplay, if at all.

IMO: buggy map ^ 5. Nothing much to do with WC3FT. These are not the droids you are looking for.

mexykanu
Rifleman

Post by mexykanu » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:11 am

yes it is faster, but just on the first round because your previous weapon was nothing...

anders_dog
Militia

Post by anders_dog » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:13 am

Like I said: it does not do that for a vanilla cs 1.6 install. However the speed difference is minimal between that and a wc3 server. w/e...

Geesu

Post by Geesu » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:16 pm

Seems like writing a plugin to change user speed on client_prethink would be a better solution than for me to change war3ft for one map
No Support via PM

kp_downarrow
Rifleman

Post by kp_downarrow » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:21 pm

can u do that?

arrg mine arnt working, tell me what to change

Code: Select all

public plugin_init() {
	register_plugin(PLUGIN, VERSION, AUTHOR)
	new name[15]
	get_mapname ( name,14)
	if(containi(name, "fun_allinone")== 0 )
	{
		register_event("HLTV", "new_round", "a", "1=0", "2=0")
	}
}

public new_round(){
	set_task(0.2,"speed")
}

public speed(){
	new players[32],num_of_players

get_players(players,num_of_players,"h")

for(new player = 0; player < num_of_players;  player++)
	{
		set_user_maxspeed (player, 200.0 )
		client_print(player,print_chat,"Speed slowed")
	}
}
and the speed is not what last weapons you had

Geesu

Post by Geesu » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:48 pm

it needs to be done on client_prethink - since other plugins will change speed @ round start
No Support via PM