amx_givexp

Read log files for errors! If this fails, come here for help

Moderator: Forum Moderator

rasechi
Peon

amx_givexp

Post by rasechi » Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:14 pm

how come when i use amx_givexp it doesn't stay?

--- Please enter the following information for support ---
War3ft Version: v2.3.2
Amxmodx Version: 1.71b
Metamod Version:
amxx list:
amxx modules:
meta list:

YamiKaitou
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by YamiKaitou » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:56 pm

Do you have it set to save the xp?

No support via PM or Email

rasechi
Peon

Post by rasechi » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:03 pm

yea, i do, but whenever i use amx_givexp when i come back onto the server, my exp is set to 49...

rasechi
Peon

Post by rasechi » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:03 pm

also, the levels to some of the skills are set to -2 or -1

YamiKaitou
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by YamiKaitou » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:42 pm

Then you either have something configured wrong or a file is not writeable. If you are 100% positive you have everything set up right, show me your war3ft.cfg file. Also, if the problem can not be solved, the only thing you can do is upgrade to 3.0

rasechi
Peon

Post by rasechi » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:13 pm

mmm i alrdy upgraded to 3.0 but im not sure if some of my files from 2.3.2 is still stuck there..i highly doubt it

heres the war3ft.cfg file
// Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne Configuration File

// Saving Options

wc3_save_xp 1 // Enables saving of experience (uses a vault, default is 0)
wc3_save_xp_db 1 // How should we save XP? (0 = NVault, 1 = MySQL, 2 = SQLite)

wc3_save_by 0 // What should I save this as? steam id = 0, IP = 1, name = 2 (SQL ONLY, default is 0)
wc3_save_pruning 0 // Automatically prunes the database of old users at a mapchange (default is 0)
wc3_days_before_delete 31 // However many days before deleting XP or pruning from the database (default is 31)
wc3_save_end_round 1 // Save xp at the end of each round (may cause lag, default is 1)

// SQL Database Information

wc3_sql_dbhost "127.0.0.1" // Host Name
wc3_sql_dbuser "root" // User Name
wc3_sql_dbpass "" // Password
wc3_sql_dbname "" // Database Name
wc3_sql_tbname "war3users" // Table Name

// Admin Options

wc3_admin_flag "m" // Admin flag required to give/take XP (default is m)

// Experience Options

wc3_xp_multiplier 1.0 // set the level required to gain a level as a multiple (default 1.0)
wc3_xp_weap_multiplier 1 // Award XP based on the weapon used (default is 1)
wc3_min_players 2 // Minimum amount of players needed b4 awarding XP (default is 2)
wc3_xp_auto_average 0 // With this option set to 1, the joining players will receive the average amount of XP that all of the players have (SHORT TERM XP ONLY, default is 0)
wc3_show_objectives 1 // If enabled, will display message in chat to show XP they gain for completing certain objectives (default is 1)
wc3_show_kill_obj 0 // Shows how much XP you gain for killing someone (each kill, default is 0)
wc3_xp_radius 750 // Radius to give XP to teammates near where the special objective is completed (rescued hosties, bomb planted, killed vip, vip escaped, default is 750)

// Game Play Enhancements

wc3_races 8 // Number of races (if races are less than 5, the second shopmenu will be disabled (4 is standard war3), default is 8)
wc3_grenade_protection 0 // Only 1 HE grenade will be allowed for purchase per round (default is 0)
wc3_spec_position 0 // 0 is for left, 1 is for right (where to put the information for those spectating, default is 0)
wc3_buy_zone 0 // Restrict purchasing shopmenu items to within the buyzone? (default is 0)
wc3_buy_time 0 // Restrict purchasing shopmenu items to within the buytime? (default is 0)
wc3_buy_dead 1 // Allow users to purchause items when dead? (default is 1)
wc3_show_player 1 // Show teammate and enemy information in the center of the screen when they are on target? (not for DOD, default is 1)
wc3_query_client 1 // Check user's cl_minmodel cvar every second (default is 1)
wc3_cheats 0 // Enable cheats for wc3? (default is 0)
wc3_psychostats 1 // Print psychostats information to log files for wc3 abilities?

// Icon Options (displayed above player's head)

wc3_race_icon 1 // Allow users to type /icons to show player icons above the player (default is 1)
wc3_level_icon 1 // Allow users to type /icons to see player levels above the player (default is 1)

// Chameleon Race Configuration Options - see _chameleon.txt for more information

wc3_cham_random 1 // Should the 9th race have random skills each round?, if so the next 4 option are irrelevant (default is 1)
wc3_cham_skill1 14 // What skill ID for skill 1?
wc3_cham_skill2 0 // What skill ID for skill 2?
wc3_cham_skill3 6 // What skill ID for skill 3?
wc3_cham_ultimate 7 // What skill ID for the user's ultimate?
wc3_cham_passive 20 // What skill ID for the user's passive skill?

// Skill and Ultimate configurations

wc3_ult_delay 15.0 // Amount of time (in seconds) to delay the ultimates at the start of each round (default is 15.0)
wc3_ult_cooldown 35.0 // Cooldown of all ultimates (default is 35.0)
wc3_blink_protection 1 // slays people who abuse blink on some maps (skywalking, map exploiting, default is 1)
wc3_blink_dizziness 0 // What type of diziness? (0 is flashbang effect, 1 is fading blue screen, default is 0)
wc3_entangle_drop 0 // Should the player's primary weapon be dropped when they are entangled? (default is 0)

// Item configurations

wc3_glove_timer 10 // Interval between receiving a new grenade with the Flaming Gloves of Warmth (default is 10)
wc3_glove_orc_damage 0 // When using gloves, should orcs be given the critical dmg? (Default is 0)
wc3_claw 6 // Damage done by Claws of Attack (default is 6)
wc3_health 15 // Health bonus given for periapt of health (default is 15)
wc3_frost 125.0 // Speed of victim when attacked with Orb of Frost (default is 125.0)
wc3_mask 0.3 // Percentage of life gained back by mask of death (default is 0.3)
wc3_cloak 150 // Invisibility given with cloak, lower is more invisible (default is 150)
wc3_sock 0.5 // Gravity level for Sock of the Feather (default is 0.5)
wc3_tome 50 // XP given for purchasing tome of experience (default is 50)

// Bot Configuration Options

wc3_bot_buy_item 0.33 // Chance of a bot buying a shopmenu item at the beginning of the round (default is 0.33)

// DOD Options

wc3_dod_start_money 800 // Starting money for dod

YamiKaitou
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by YamiKaitou » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:19 pm

Lets see, you have it set to save to MySQL, yet you do not have your SQL info configured completely.

Also, are you using 1.71 or 1.76C?

rasechi
Peon

Post by rasechi » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:34 pm

im using 1.76

also should i just use vault because i don't know what SQL is. am i suppose to make an acnt or something?

rasechi
Peon

Post by rasechi » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:36 pm

it says i can only savexp with Steam ids if i have SQL right? so how do i get SQL?

YamiKaitou
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by YamiKaitou » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:38 pm

Well, nVault will be disappearing in RC6. So, either switch to SQLite or find out what MySQL is. Also, are you using 1.76, 1.76a, 1.76b, or 1.76c?

rasechi
Peon

Post by rasechi » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:14 pm

well i see some modules and plugins the say 1.76c and some that say a and b, but since im able to use c wouldn't that mean im using c?

also is there a website for MySQL? or SQLite?

YamiKaitou
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by YamiKaitou » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:06 pm

Are all of your Amxx default plugins version 1.76c? If not, I recommend upgrading everything to make sure it is up-to-date.

MySQL = http://mysql.org or http://mysql.com

SQLite = I have no idea

W00t!
Peon

Post by W00t! » Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:36 am

rasechi wrote:mmm i alrdy upgraded to 3.0 but im not sure if some of my files from 2.3.2 is still stuck there..i highly doubt it

heres the war3ft.cfg file
// Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne Configuration File

// Saving Options

wc3_save_xp 1 // Enables saving of experience (uses a vault, default is 0)
wc3_save_xp_db 1 // How should we save XP? (0 = NVault, 1 = MySQL, 2 = SQLite)

wc3_save_by 0 // What should I save this as? steam id = 0, IP = 1, name = 2 (SQL ONLY, default is 0)
wc3_save_pruning 0 // Automatically prunes the database of old users at a mapchange (default is 0)
wc3_days_before_delete 31 // However many days before deleting XP or pruning from the database (default is 31)
wc3_save_end_round 1 // Save xp at the end of each round (may cause lag, default is 1)

// SQL Database Information

wc3_sql_dbhost "127.0.0.1" // Host Name
wc3_sql_dbuser "root" // User Name
wc3_sql_dbpass "" // Password
wc3_sql_dbname "" // Database Name
wc3_sql_tbname "war3users" // Table Name

// Admin Options

wc3_admin_flag "m" // Admin flag required to give/take XP (default is m)

// Experience Options

wc3_xp_multiplier 1.0 // set the level required to gain a level as a multiple (default 1.0)
wc3_xp_weap_multiplier 1 // Award XP based on the weapon used (default is 1)
wc3_min_players 2 // Minimum amount of players needed b4 awarding XP (default is 2)
wc3_xp_auto_average 0 // With this option set to 1, the joining players will receive the average amount of XP that all of the players have (SHORT TERM XP ONLY, default is 0)
wc3_show_objectives 1 // If enabled, will display message in chat to show XP they gain for completing certain objectives (default is 1)
wc3_show_kill_obj 0 // Shows how much XP you gain for killing someone (each kill, default is 0)
wc3_xp_radius 750 // Radius to give XP to teammates near where the special objective is completed (rescued hosties, bomb planted, killed vip, vip escaped, default is 750)

// Game Play Enhancements

wc3_races 8 // Number of races (if races are less than 5, the second shopmenu will be disabled (4 is standard war3), default is 8)
wc3_grenade_protection 0 // Only 1 HE grenade will be allowed for purchase per round (default is 0)
wc3_spec_position 0 // 0 is for left, 1 is for right (where to put the information for those spectating, default is 0)
wc3_buy_zone 0 // Restrict purchasing shopmenu items to within the buyzone? (default is 0)
wc3_buy_time 0 // Restrict purchasing shopmenu items to within the buytime? (default is 0)
wc3_buy_dead 1 // Allow users to purchause items when dead? (default is 1)
wc3_show_player 1 // Show teammate and enemy information in the center of the screen when they are on target? (not for DOD, default is 1)
wc3_query_client 1 // Check user's cl_minmodel cvar every second (default is 1)
wc3_cheats 0 // Enable cheats for wc3? (default is 0)
wc3_psychostats 1 // Print psychostats information to log files for wc3 abilities?

// Icon Options (displayed above player's head)

wc3_race_icon 1 // Allow users to type /icons to show player icons above the player (default is 1)
wc3_level_icon 1 // Allow users to type /icons to see player levels above the player (default is 1)

// Chameleon Race Configuration Options - see _chameleon.txt for more information

wc3_cham_random 1 // Should the 9th race have random skills each round?, if so the next 4 option are irrelevant (default is 1)
wc3_cham_skill1 14 // What skill ID for skill 1?
wc3_cham_skill2 0 // What skill ID for skill 2?
wc3_cham_skill3 6 // What skill ID for skill 3?
wc3_cham_ultimate 7 // What skill ID for the user's ultimate?
wc3_cham_passive 20 // What skill ID for the user's passive skill?

// Skill and Ultimate configurations

wc3_ult_delay 15.0 // Amount of time (in seconds) to delay the ultimates at the start of each round (default is 15.0)
wc3_ult_cooldown 35.0 // Cooldown of all ultimates (default is 35.0)
wc3_blink_protection 1 // slays people who abuse blink on some maps (skywalking, map exploiting, default is 1)
wc3_blink_dizziness 0 // What type of diziness? (0 is flashbang effect, 1 is fading blue screen, default is 0)
wc3_entangle_drop 0 // Should the player's primary weapon be dropped when they are entangled? (default is 0)

// Item configurations

wc3_glove_timer 10 // Interval between receiving a new grenade with the Flaming Gloves of Warmth (default is 10)
wc3_glove_orc_damage 0 // When using gloves, should orcs be given the critical dmg? (Default is 0)
wc3_claw 6 // Damage done by Claws of Attack (default is 6)
wc3_health 15 // Health bonus given for periapt of health (default is 15)
wc3_frost 125.0 // Speed of victim when attacked with Orb of Frost (default is 125.0)
wc3_mask 0.3 // Percentage of life gained back by mask of death (default is 0.3)
wc3_cloak 150 // Invisibility given with cloak, lower is more invisible (default is 150)
wc3_sock 0.5 // Gravity level for Sock of the Feather (default is 0.5)
wc3_tome 50 // XP given for purchasing tome of experience (default is 50)

// Bot Configuration Options

wc3_bot_buy_item 0.33 // Chance of a bot buying a shopmenu item at the beginning of the round (default is 0.33)

// DOD Options

wc3_dod_start_money 800 // Starting money for dod

this wc3_save_by 0 // What should I save this as? steam id = 0, IP = 1, name = 2 (SQL ONLY, default is 0) must be like this

wc3_save_by 2 // What should I save this as? steam id = 0, IP = 1, name = 2 (SQL ONLY, default is 0)

W00t!
Peon

Post by W00t! » Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:38 am

srry for double post but when you this everythings gona be ok exp will save by nick

YamiKaitou
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by YamiKaitou » Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:45 am

XP will only be saved by nick when saving via SQL

Geesu
<b>King of the world!</b>

Post by Geesu » Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:37 am

post your log files - I'm guessing the MySQL connection never works
No Support via PM