read this please

Read log files for errors! If this fails, come here for help

Moderator: Forum Moderator

spy
Peon

read this please

Post by spy » Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:40 am

;( i have readed it lasa but still i cant get it. and answer this questen: what do you mean in the manual with download the liblist.gam file. so i am asking questens becouse the manual and source dont help me. so geesu or somone else ther got war3ft can they please post it her. will be grrrrreat help :wink:

Lazarus Long
Lead PITA SOB

Post by Lazarus Long » Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:28 am

spy:

If you simply had made the effort to Search or Google or even read Metamod installation manual you would have already the answer to your uber-asked and uber-replied question.

sigh...
Lazarus

spy
Peon

Post by spy » Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:01 am

laza i understand now wha to downaload liblist.gam. and last questen answer this one for me to and i am finsih upload this file with your ftp and chose to replace it. answer it and i am finish.

Lazarus Long
Lead PITA SOB

Post by Lazarus Long » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:29 am

spy:
spy wrote:laza i understand now wha to downaload liblist.gam. and last questen answer this one for me to and i am finsih upload this file with your ftp and chose to replace it. answer it and i am finish.
I'm sorry but I didn't understand what you are asking, please explain what do you want in more detail.

Regards,
Lazarus

Avanderik
<b><i>King of Kings!</b></i>

Post by Avanderik » Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:56 pm

I believe they are asking if they should upload the liblist.gam through ftp and replace the file. If that is what you are trying to ask, the answer would be yes.
War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...

Order is for idiots, genius masters chaos...

Geesu
<b>King of the world!</b>

Post by Geesu » Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:51 am

Well some people aren't using FTP, so this confuses the n00bs.....
No Support via PM

spy
Peon

Post by spy » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:30 am

i was asking. what they mean in the manual with download the liblist.gam file

spy
Peon

Post by spy » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:34 am

and another thing. answer this. Upload this file using your FTP client and choose to replace the original. (i am not tring to get rank if you think so becouse of my dobbel post now)

spy
Peon

Post by spy » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:36 am

i ask one more questen. why dont i find my liblist_czero.gam i so it in figure 1. (and i know this is called spamming but i want the war3ft mod so much that i dont care if i get banned all i care about is to get help from you peopel)

Lazarus Long
Lead PITA SOB

Post by Lazarus Long » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:09 am

spy:

OK, you made us read all this and you keep saying you want it running 'cause you like the MOD and so on, so now it's your time to read and do what I'm telling you to:

I want you to write step by step what have you done so far, I want you to include the full path of where the game is and all the files you changed when trying to install the MOD.

Do it and I'll try to help, don't do it and you are on your own.
Lazarus

spy
Peon

Post by spy » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:06 am

i am at: 7. Upload this file using your FTP client and choose to replace the original. and after that i dont know if it works and i placed my war3ft things in my czero folder. that looks like this:

C:\Documents and settings\All Users\Dokumenter\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\spyhunter3000\condition zero\czero

spy
Peon

Post by spy » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:15 am

step 1. i downloaded the file
step 2. Extract the Contents of this file into a temporary directory on your computer (done)
step 3. connect to the ftp server of your game server (i think i have done it aclsy i dont know what it means)

step 4. navigate to the hlds_dir (C:\Documents and settings\All Users\Dokumenter\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\spyhunter3000\condition zero\czero)

i think it is that one.

step 5. Upload the folders that you extracted in step 2 to this directory. They are shown below in Figure 1. (i uploaded them to my czero mappe)

wait it follows more then just those 4 mappes do i need to put every thing in or just those 4 mappes? becouse i putted just those 4 mappes not the other stuff.

step 1,2,3,4,5 and 6. Download the liblist.gam file
Open this file in a text editor
Find the following lines in this file (roughly lines 14-15)
gamedll "dlls\mp.dll"
gamedll_linux "dlls/cs_i386.so"
Replace them with:
gamedll "addons\metamod\dlls\metamod.dll" gamedll_linux "addons/metamod/dlls/metamod_i386.so"
Save this file. (found, opened with notisbok, changed and saved)

step 7. not done

it was :? :? :?

spy
Peon

Post by spy » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:19 am

laza with files say more exact do you mean the files i have used in the mode like the mappes with sound files and that stuff?

iwatchyou0
Peon

Post by iwatchyou0 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:05 pm

thats not no hlds thats czero.

spy
Peon

Post by spy » Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:17 pm

iwatchyou0 wrote:thats not no hlds thats czero.
it is a hlds there.

iwatchyou0
Peon

Post by iwatchyou0 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:36 pm

did you read it? it says hlds directory not the program! :twisted:

Lazarus Long
Lead PITA SOB

Post by Lazarus Long » Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:43 pm

spy:

Holly shit man, you did a hell of a mess there!

Now step by step.
  • The instructions you are following are for installing the MOD in a remote machine, that is a Internet server, not on a server you have installed on your computer.
  • You must find where you have installed your CS:CZ game dir, I do not think it's " C:\Documents and settings\All Users\Dokumenter\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\spyhunter3000\condition zero\czero", it's most likelly "%ProgramFiles%\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\spyhunter3000\condition zero\czero" (replace %ProgramFiles% with your Program Files dir)
  • Download the preconfigured package
  • Extract it as is including folders and replacing whatever files it askes to in the above CS:CZ game dir
  • In that same dir you will find a liblist.gam file, open it with notepad.exe and find the following lines in this file (roughly lines 14-15)

Code: Select all

gamedll "dlls\mp.dll"
    gamedll_linux "dlls/cs_i386.so"
    replace them with:

Code: Select all

gamedll "addons\metamod\dlls\metamod.dll"
    gamedll_linux "addons/metamod/dlls/metamod_i386.so"
If you do exactly this you are done, and you can start the game. This is called a listen server, not a dedicated server.

(BTW - I think you are German, but please try to write in English, do not cut words, it is very difficult to understand otherwise, you see I'm not English too and I try my best to make myself clear)

I hope this helps.
Lazarus

iwatchyou0
Peon

Post by iwatchyou0 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:46 pm

damn your not english? i think your hella good at it though. :wink:

Lazarus Long
Lead PITA SOB

Post by Lazarus Long » Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:26 pm

Hello, iwatchyou0:
iwatchyou0 wrote:damn your not english?
No, I'm Portuguese, most of us are bilingue and a good number are multilingue (we can speak and/or read/write more than 2 languages). I can do it for Português (duuhhh...), English, Français, Castellano, Gallego and Italiano (soltanto un piccolo).

Regards,
Lazarus

Geesu

Post by Geesu » Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:33 pm

I only know some french, but not a lot :(
No Support via PM

Lazarus Long
Lead PITA SOB

Post by Lazarus Long » Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:55 pm

Hello, Geesu:
Geesu wrote:I only know some french, but not a lot :(
Actually there are two reasons for you English natives finding it hard to learn another language: one is that you don't need to, since everybody else in the World at least understands you guys, the other is that you are plain lazy.

Let me explain why are we Portuguese so good at learning languages. Beside thw obviious reason that we wen't everywhere and lived everywhere around the World, the main reason is that our native language is the second most rich in phonems (the smallest sound that is used to compose speach) and the richer the number of phonems a language has, the higher the ability a native speaker has to adapt and learn another one.

Now remember me saying we Portuguese have the second most rich language in phonems? Guess who is the lazy bunch that has the first one and doesn't use it's ability for nothing...

Cheers,
Lazarus

Geesu

Post by Geesu » Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:04 pm

That's interesting.... I don't know if you're right about the lazy part though :P I mean if I could actually talk to someone who spoke french a few times a week, it would be MUCH easier for me to retain the informaiton, but since I have no need to, I don't
No Support via PM

Avanderik
<b><i>King of Kings!</b></i>

Post by Avanderik » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:56 pm

Bonjour Geesu, parlez-vous français?
War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...

Order is for idiots, genius masters chaos...

Geesu

Post by Geesu » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:58 pm

Non, ce n'est pas vrai
No Support via PM

iwatchyou0
Peon

Post by iwatchyou0 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:04 pm

:shock: are you guys talking about me?!?! :roll: (kidding)
haha badinant juste.

spy
Peon

Post by spy » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:10 pm

informasjon: i am from norway not germany.

and ye i have started now with the the step by step and it was in my:

C:\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\spyhunter3000\condition zero\czero

spy
Peon

Post by spy » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:30 pm

thenks alot guys i followed your steps laza and now i got it.

and i think lazas step suld be there instand of the other thing that is there.

Lazarus Long
Lead PITA SOB

Post by Lazarus Long » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:40 pm

spy wrote:informasjon: i am from norway not germany.
Nørsk, eh? Well if I'm not wrong people from your country are also able to speek, or at least understand, several languages: Nørsk, Suomi, Dansk and Svensk at least, right?
spy wrote:thenks alot guys i followed your steps laza and now i got it.
You are welcome. Next time start by explaining the best you can what you did and where you got into trouble, for us to be able to help you out much faster.
spy wrote:and i think lazas step suld be there instand of the other thing that is there.
No, it can't be like this, the instructions that are in the install guide are correct and need to be there, Geesu will be updating the install guide to have both as soon as he has the time.

Cheers,
Lazarus