Steam_id_pending

Read log files for errors! If this fails, come here for help

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Daver
WC3Mods Donor
WC3Mods Donor

Steam_id_pending

Post by Daver » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:28 am

Players and admin connecting are getting this and it doesnt allow admin to be granted flags and it wont allow XP to be saved

Everything was working and the server never crashed for over 500 hours But an admin told me he lost his xp and admin as well.

In checking it out and restarting the server the xp came back but the admin doesnt work because the server constantly say the players name and the "Steam_id_pending" no matter how long you stay in the server. I searched google and found no answer that worked for this. I connected to other server with no problems, just my war 3 server.

I stopped the war3 in the plugins ini and it didnt stop the problem. I deleted all the xp in the database and still no fix. I know this might not be a war3 problem but there are alot of really smart server ops here and i thought this would be a great source to fix my problems.

I also use mysql for my admin list too...

Thanks in advance,
Daver

--- Please enter the following information for support ---
War3ft Version: 3.0 rc9
Amxmodx Version: 1.8.0
Metamod Version: 1.19
amxx list:
amxx modules:
meta list:

YamiKaitou
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by YamiKaitou » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:31 am

It is a steam bug. war3ft should be kicking him if he has the pending id. odd that it isn't

No support via PM or Email

Daver
WC3Mods Donor
WC3Mods Donor

Post by Daver » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:00 am

Hey Yami,
Thanks for the help, is there a fix or should I resetup the whole server again?

The server was running great with no crashes even with this problem for over 500 hours but it screws up any admins and saving xp...

Thanks,
Daver

YamiKaitou
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by YamiKaitou » Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:44 pm

war3ft should be kicking them. If it is not, then you can easily create a script that will kick on client_putinserver() if get_user_authid respondes with STEAM_ID_PENDING, kick them

No support via PM or Email

Krazy
Forum Administrator

Post by Krazy » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:59 pm

Plugin made by EKS that accomplishes what you need:
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=90516

Need help anything to do with Warcraft 3 Mod, installing other plugins, setting up mySQL, installing PsychoStats, or anything else just PM/email me!

Daver
WC3Mods Donor
WC3Mods Donor

Post by Daver » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:34 pm

Well guys its not that some players were connecting and it said steam_id_pending , it was every player and me as well. I never did figure this bug out so I just recreated a new war3ft server from scratch and low and behold the damn thing works great. It may just be one of those myseries that never gets solved. Thanks for your help anyways, lets just sweep this one under the rug and move on...

Daver

Daver
WC3Mods Donor
WC3Mods Donor

Post by Daver » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:49 pm

OK, sorri to repost after my last but all of the sudden the new server that I resetup because of the steam_id_pending problem is now back. It does not kick any players and they can stay and play without being kicked. It is not hackers because when I connect it does it as well. What could be causing this problem? All the server info is the same as the top post. The plugins are minimal and I do run PodBott mm. Here is the server IP if you would like to see for yourself.
67.163.79.237:27016 Daver's War3 Playhouse

I ran this cfg for over a week with no problems at all...

Thanks, any help would be greatly aprreciated,

Daver

Edited on 4/8/08

Krazy how would that plugin help me at all? Please read before you respond not knowing what problem I was trying to fix. The problem was not keeping people out with "steam_id_pending: everyone was connecting with that error... actually this war3 plugin is supposed to kick players that have that as well, but it didnt do it becasue of some other problem I am sure.

Well after hours of searching to fix this problem here is what I found out. I opened so many ports I was contacting the space shuttle, and that seemed to not make any difference. But after an update with hldsupdatetool, (not sure if this mattered) and then after restarting the server box, the problem was fixed. I stopped Amx and the bots, started the server and it allowed the setam ids to be authenticated. I then added back amx and all the plugins, and also the bots and restarte the server again and it works fine again. Cant say exactly which of the things I have done made it work but it does now run.

Thanks, Oh wait thats right I fixed it with no help...

Daver

Daver
WC3Mods Donor
WC3Mods Donor

Post by Daver » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:51 pm

Well here is the latest update on this bug with my server. It comes back from time to time but if I reboot the server completely it does seem to go away and run fine for awhile. If I figure it out I will post back in case someone else has this similar problem.

Daver

Geesu
<b>King of the world!</b>

Post by Geesu » Sat May 03, 2008 8:15 pm

I'm guessing your server provider... sucks.. and the connection to steam's authentication servers is failing...

just my 2 cents

this is not war3ft related in any way
No Support via PM

Daver
WC3Mods Donor
WC3Mods Donor

Post by Daver » Wed May 28, 2008 8:38 pm

Thx Geesu,
in this case I know your correct cuz this server I am running from my home on its own dedicated to just that server box. Never had problems with it in the past but I know I messed with my router cfg and my ports are not the same. Can anyone tell me the correct ports to open so the authentication servers will be connected? The strange thing is if I delete the database and start fresh, I think it works fine and people and admin can connect and all is good. Im lost here and dont know what to do next.

Thx in advance for any help...

Daver

YamiKaitou
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by YamiKaitou » Wed May 28, 2008 10:08 pm

I found this on the Steam site
Required Ports for Steam

Your network must be configured to allow Steam access to the following ports:
Steam Client

* UDP 27000 to 27020 inclusive
* TCP 27020 to 27050 inclusive