Scroll, Respawn and Mole problems

Read log files for errors! If this fails, come here for help

Moderator: Forum Moderator

slmclarengt
Militia

Scroll, Respawn and Mole problems

Post by slmclarengt » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:28 pm

Major one apparently:
If you are dead then buy a scroll, occasionally you respawn but are impervious to damage (no getting shot), the HUD is not viewable (health/armor/etc...) and it seems as though you are dead, but you are not as you can shoot and kill just like if alive.

More minor problems:
Moles face a different direction when they spawn. [I thought I read something about this but I can never consolidate my info into one area so it does not surprise I don't know if I did]
For moles, their name color shows up making it easy to identify (especially when they face the wrong way).

That is all for now. First seeing if these problems are common before I submit a bug report.

If you want to see the 'bugs' in action, visit my server, lol.

Slmclarengt
"I am become Death destroyer of worlds" - Hindu God Krishna speaking with Soldier about battle (Later quoted by Robert Oppenheimer, head of the Manhattan Project in Los Alamos Laboratories.)

Geesu
<b>King of the world!</b>

Re: Scroll, Respawn and Mole problems

Post by Geesu » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:29 am

slmclarengt wrote:Major one apparently:
If you are dead then buy a scroll, occasionally you respawn but are impervious to damage (no getting shot), the HUD is not viewable (health/armor/etc...) and it seems as though you are dead, but you are not as you can shoot and kill just like if alive.
Unfortunately I can't fix this. It shouldn't happen VERY often - I call spawn() 3 times to attempt to prevent it - but it's a prob. in the HL engine and isn't fixable :/
No Support via PM

slmclarengt
Militia

Post by slmclarengt » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:02 am

Geesu wrote:
slmclarengt wrote:Major one apparently:
Unfortunately I can't fix this. It shouldn't happen VERY often - I call spawn() 3 times to attempt to prevent it - but it's a prob. in the HL engine and isn't fixable :/
Any workarounds with fakemeta or ham sandwich possible?

Sleeper
"I am become Death destroyer of worlds" - Hindu God Krishna speaking with Soldier about battle (Later quoted by Robert Oppenheimer, head of the Manhattan Project in Los Alamos Laboratories.)

YamiKaitou
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by YamiKaitou » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:46 am

I was at one point trying to get a different spawn method working, but that was when my server was having the issue where it would never respawn. I haven't gone back and tried it yet, maybe I will soon.

No support via PM or Email

slmclarengt
Militia

Post by slmclarengt » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:17 pm

YamiKaitou wrote:I was at one point trying to get a different spawn method working, but that was when my server was having the issue where it would never respawn. I haven't gone back and tried it yet, maybe I will soon.
Hey ya know Yami and Geesu, I am still a "mediocre programmer" so if there is something particular you want me to review or try to implement fix, let me know and I'll have a look but I want a specific direction because otherwise I'd choose to do nothing :roll:

Slmclarengt (Sleeper @ bndclan.com)

slmclarengt
Militia

Post by slmclarengt » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:57 am

Oh my, a damn stupid spammer. Ban and enable better captcha? ;-)

Slmclarengt

whosyourdaddy
Spell Breaker

Post by whosyourdaddy » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:48 pm

hmm im thinking of doing a get position and check after the person rez's and check if its in a cordinate of a spawn point and if not then re-revive him... this issues happens when people lag over 300 and try getting a spawn thing

Geesu
<b>King of the world!</b>

Post by Geesu » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:17 am

slmclarengt wrote:Oh my, a damn stupid spammer. Ban and enable better captcha? ;-)

Slmclarengt
Have any suggestions for a better captcha? heh

And yea - When I was debugging this issue (which I did VERY extensively ~year ago) BAIL informed me it was a bug in the HL engine and wasn't fixable :/
No Support via PM