more races

Read log files for errors! If this fails, come here for help

Moderator: Forum Moderator

whosyourdaddy
Spell Breaker

more races

Post by whosyourdaddy » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:52 pm

ok well i added another race to my wc3 and i also added 12 new skills and all but im kinda having a problem in getting the changerace menu to show correctly, how do i add a more race option i think i could do this on my own but i cant find where show_menu is located to see how it was coded if any1 could help it will be well appreciated

whosyourdaddy
Spell Breaker

Re: more races

Post by whosyourdaddy » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:30 pm

naw i didnt find it in there

Lo6idZe
Peon

Post by Lo6idZe » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:14 am

Open include with WordPad and click Edit-Find . Write "show_menu" (without quotos(sorry if writed with mistake)) in "Find what:" and press "Find next" . When you found a word , you can press "Find next" again to search for more results !

P.S show_menu can be not only in menus.inl !!!

whosyourdaddy
Spell Breaker

Post by whosyourdaddy » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:11 pm

theres no include file only a folder and i dont see anything intresting in there but w.e i just removed the auto select option and made it say 0 and the key = 0 and i did an if statement that if key = 0 then irace = 10 which is our 10th race but now everytime i tries clicking to it the server crashes any ideas what i might need to change to expand more races already cahnge the max_races in constansts to 10

*edited*

i also tried removing the skills and ultimates i put in for the race, when i pick the race it works says my race info lvl 0 and at the bottom left corner it says my race then my server crashes 10 seconds later so i doubt its my skills its that when it changes to the race it crashes any ideas why for those who added their own race

*edited*

nvm got it working was a ultimate numbering problem had to add 2 extra ultimate arrays in the ultimates.h instead of 1

whosyourdaddy
Spell Breaker

Post by whosyourdaddy » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:25 pm

you mean the wc3 version? if so i kinda did alot of updates like remove certain sections for people to serpent ward spam like in assualt maps they usually do it in hostage place so it would be impossible to get to them and i also got it so the human ultimate doesnt kill u for going into illegal places just puts u to ur old position and gives ur ultimate back because half my users would die for no reason on some maps, also added a fix to the undead bug where it wong give u the kills for killing people with it (posted a fix in bug report), i also added a new database table where users can buy lvl 14-17 on our forums using forum points (every time u make a post you get points), also u can buy xp using points, and i made our new race a member only race..... for the new skills and ultimate i pretty much took it from another wc3 version nothing too hard

whosyourdaddy
Spell Breaker

Post by whosyourdaddy » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:22 pm

well i wouldnt mind ill just need to remove some things like how it connects to my forum for more points and how some levels are locked... i just have this one glitch i need to fix with the ultimates and if all goes well i might make it go public not sure yet