Save xp help

Read log files for errors! If this fails, come here for help

Moderator: Forum Moderator

+|}3V^
Peon

Save xp help

Post by +|}3V^ » Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:49 pm

Hey, ive searched for my problem but i couldent find the answear for it (didnt read the 1 hour texts).

So please forgive me Lazaruz for makeing a topic.

When i only put the commando mp_savexp" on "1", create a game. When people then earn xp do they have to say "savexp" or does it do it by itself ?

And how can i manualy reset the xp? Or turn off auto reset?

And where is the file that the xp is stored in? And can i make manualy changes in that file without it geting "broken"?

Sry if this allready have been posted some times but i couldent atleast find anything.

stu
Peon

Post by stu » Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:29 am

The XP Is stored in a MySQL file. Go to www.freesql.org and sign up and get the info, then put it in your wc3ft.cfg. By the way, if your game server is linux you might want to use the IP of the host instead of www.freesql.org, so in mysql_host, put "24.218.236.105 "

Lazarus Long
Lead PITA SOB

Post by Lazarus Long » Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:55 am

@ +|}3V^:

Asked and replied, read the FORUM RULES and/or use the Search.

Locked.

(you should had read the "1 hour texts", they took several weeks to be written by, and with advice from, people that already know how to do and configure it, just for new users to have good, solid step-by-step documents on several harder points of configuring the MOD, the same applies to the master website for the MOD, all your questions are asked and replied so many times that you don't even have an excuse).

This time only: read "addons/amxmodx/configs/war3FT.cfg" for info on how to activate or not the need to say "savexp", XP has several ways of being stored and dealing with them depending on how and where they are stored, by default they are stored in a Vault and you can delete lines from it or even delete it altogether to get rid of old XP, the Vault is slow and laggy, for alternatives read the "1 hour texts".

Final note: as I told you before I don't care if you create new topics or not. The locking of a topic doesn't mean I'm mad or anything, a topic is closed for several reasons, it violates the forum rules (like this one), the question asked was replied to the poster satisfaction, if a bug it was solved, it is an old post that makes no sense anymore or the original poster abandoned the question (if you had read the forum rules you would had known this). Also for search purposes a question per thread is much more efficient as well as a locked thread, due to the way phpBB implements the index and searching routines.

@ stu:

Althought you did supply correct advice, the usage of a remote MySQL server, depending on the distance to the gameserver, might increase the lag so much that people may end up loosing XP and/or being booted off the server. Warcraft 3 FT supports and recommends faster ways of storing XP like localhost or LAN MySQL databases and/or SQLite.
Lazarus