[MENU] Returning "Roger that." , "Enemy Spott

Read log files for errors! If this fails, come here for help

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Hawk552
Peon

[MENU] Returning "Roger that." , "Enemy Spott

Post by Hawk552 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:10 pm

I do not know the "proper format" and don't see any stickies around, so I will try to make this as descriptive as possible.

I've had WC3FT working for... roughly 3 months now. I upgraded only once, as I think I had 2.2.5 or something.

Anyways, I shut my server down for about a week, made no changes at all, then came back to it. When I booted it up, I joined in and tried to change my race. It seemed that whenever I tried to press a button in the race menu, it would use the corresponding key that I pressed and input it into the first shopmenu.

Ex. I press 1 to choose "Undead Scourge" and instead of changing to Undead, I would be given "Not enough funds" or "Ankh of Reincarnation bought".

I've confirmed this with every other player that has come to my server. Not a single person has reported success with this problem while I still had WC3FT installed. I was forced, due to this, to deactivate FT and install XP. I still like FT more, but it doesn't help much when it's unplayable.

One of my admins vaguely remembered hearing about this problem, and remembered from his experiences admining other servers that this isn't too uncommon, and that there's absolutely nothing I can do to fix it.

Things I have done to try and fix it:
  • Reinstall AMXX from scratch.
  • Copy all files from the base WC3FT package on top of the currently installed one.
  • Remove ALL additional plugins, other than AMXX, Metamod, and FT.
  • Try Metamod-p, although I much prefer Metamod
  • Try the exact same installation (right down to every file from the HLServer folder) on a different computer. Note: This worked, but that doesn't help my server at all.
None of those seem to have worked.

Thank you in advance.

Lazarus Long
Lead PITA SOB

Post by Lazarus Long » Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:21 pm

Things you should make sure you have done:
  • Get your server up to date by running the steam update tool
  • Confirm that you have the latest AMX Mod X version
  • Reboot the machine your server is running at
If after doing the above it still fails you should (and I know it's a pain in the ass doing it) delete the entire mod folder and reinstall everything from scratch.

I'm quite sure it's a memory alocation problem, but it's persisting across versions so it's been impossible to pinpoint.
Lazarus

Hawk552
Peon

Post by Hawk552 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:46 pm

Lazarus Long wrote:Things you should make sure you have done:
  • Confirm that you have the latest AMX Mod X version
  • Reboot the machine your server is running at
If after doing the above it still fails you should (and I know it's a pain in the ass doing it) delete the entire mod folder and reinstall everything from scratch.

I'm quite sure it's a memory alocation problem, but it's persisting across versions so it's been impossible to pinpoint.
I've done all of those, except for starting everything including the mod folder from scratch. I guess I'll just live with WC3XP for now, I'm getting a new server in ~2 days anyways. Thanks for your fast reply and good help.

Geesu
<b>King of the world!</b>

Post by Geesu » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:09 pm

Well, unfortunately, this is a RANDOM bug that deals w/the HL engine...

Resintalling HLDS, then amxx, has always fixed this in the past.
No Support via PM

Hawk552
Peon

Post by Hawk552 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:27 pm

As I said before, I think I'll just wait until I get my new server. Thanks.