can someone help me?

Read log files for errors! If this fails, come here for help

Moderator: Forum Moderator

crzdmaniac123
Peon

can someone help me?

Post by crzdmaniac123 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:59 pm

Before I say what i need help with, I would like to say that I am a total noob to servers and mod installation and the like. Thus, I have looked over the documentation many times, and also read several other posts about it but I still don't understand. I thought I followed the instructions perfectly but it wouldn't work. By now you all probably know that i need help with...

... the installation of War3FT.

My server is hosted on a website, not from my computer which may be the source of my problems. Can someone explain to me how to do this?

Krazy
Forum Administrator

Re: can someone help me?

Post by Krazy » Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:15 pm

crzdmaniac123 wrote:My server is hosted on a website, not from my computer which may be the source of my problems.
I think you are totally lost. You can not just upload all your server files to a website and think it will run. Do you even have SSH access to your server box?

Need help anything to do with Warcraft 3 Mod, installing other plugins, setting up mySQL, installing PsychoStats, or anything else just PM/email me!

crzdmaniac123
Peon

Post by crzdmaniac123 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:54 pm

You are right I am completely lost... as I said I don't know much about servers, which is why i'm here.

I have no idea what SSH access is or what my server box is. I have access to the FTP folder, and I have SmartFTP for uploading files.

And actually the server runs, it's a website that hosts servers for you, charging money. Clanservers.com if it helps. I already have Amxx installed on it, and that works, but when I try to install war3FT it never works.

Krazy
Forum Administrator

Post by Krazy » Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:01 pm

Ok never mine what I said above. At first I just thought you were uploading all the Warcraft 3 FT files to a website and hopeing that it would run that way :D

All you have to do is this (assuming you are running cstrike or czero server):
Download the (amxmod x 1.6x v2.3.0 for cstrike/czero):
http://wc3mods.net/war3ft/downloads.php

Now read the documentation and do what it says:
http://wc3mods.net/war3ft/documentation ... e&os=linux

And you should be good to go.

Need help anything to do with Warcraft 3 Mod, installing other plugins, setting up mySQL, installing PsychoStats, or anything else just PM/email me!

crzdmaniac123
Peon

Post by crzdmaniac123 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:20 pm

okay... only question (so far):

How do I open a terminal/connect with SSH?

And yes you are correct it is a counterstrike server. I am running on windows xp, if that makes any difference.

Krazy
Forum Administrator

Post by Krazy » Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:39 pm

First of all it does not matter what operating system you are using it matters what operating system the server company is using which is linux because I use ClanServers too.

And forget about all the SSH stuff. All that is saying is upload all the files that are in the zip file that you downloaded to your zip file in the right place. So just delete the addons folder that you have on your FTP right now and then upload the addons folder that is in the zip file you just downloaded. Also upload the sound folder and sprite folder.

And then change the code in the liblist.gam from:

Code: Select all

gamedll "dlls\mp.dll"
gamedll_linux "dlls/cs_i386.so"
to

Code: Select all

gamedll "addons\metamod\dlls\metamod.dll"
gamedll_linux "addons/metamod/dlls/metamod_i386.so"
Which I am guessing you already changed the liblist.gam because you said you got AMX Mod X working.
Last edited by Krazy on Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crzdmaniac123
Peon

Post by crzdmaniac123 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:34 pm

thanks man, it works now!