information about wc3ng?

Want to talk about war3ft or make suggestions? Post them here

Moderator: Forum Moderator

xjen0va
Peon

information about wc3ng?

Post by xjen0va » Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:44 am

im very confused. ive been browsing these forums and reading a lot, and from what i can gather is that wc3ng is some spin off of wc3ft? is it for source or what? i did a bounch of searching and i couldnt find anything, information would be sweet. sorry if its right infront of me, sometimes im pretty blind.

im curious in particular because i originally came here to complain about the helm of excellence. the problem with the item as i see it is one, for its current function it is FAR too cheap. 6k or something in that ball park would be best.

ill first outline the problem. there are several spots in a few maps where you can have places where ONLY y our head sticks out. a few that come to mind are dust2 (the little dip at long a" and also the ledge in aztec that overlooks the water on ct side. basically, unless you are an orc with a grenade anybody with a h elmet in those areas has limited god mode. you could chuck a normal grenade up there, but those things rarely do more than 30 damage so the player basically gets free shots at you while you cant hurt them at all because all bullets hitting the head just go through it.

in my opinion, this item should be more literal in its function relative to its title. it should make you IMMUNE to headshots, and by headshots i mean the literal act of dying from a headshot. this would mean that the head area would not be immune to all bullets, but it would act like your chest. it would still recieve damage but at a much reduced rate since it is after all taking chest like damage. that means you could never die from a headshot, but it wouldnt be 100 percent over powered because in situations where your head is only visible you could kill them.

also another problem i seem to have with this item that by the time i realize they are wearing a helmet, im dead. or i never realize it. for example, ill be shooting at some guys head with the ak then he turns around and kills me. now at this point i can make two assumptions. one, that the bullets just went by his head and none hit. then i get frustraited at myself because i missed. or that he was wearing a helmet. both of these are frustraiting realizations. both lead to negative thoughts. its like, oh shit i suck. or oh shit i should have killed him except he was wearing a helmet and theres no way i would know.

so i guess the suggestion would be to either by default make its price more expensive(i know you can edit it yourself if you are server owner, but most server owners really dont edit it.) make it like the chest hitbox (i dont code, so this might conflict with something. im not sure if this would be possible) or have some sort of indicator that they are wearing a helm of excellence. a great way to do this would make their head model glow green or something. or some sort of glow. this would mean that, they sacrifice not only 1.5k for immunity to headshots, but they risk being noticed easier by enemies. this also gives the attacker a chance to react to the helm.

the gloves of warmth are a great idea, and initially i thought that being an orc with these gloves would be fun. but it turned out you thought of this and balanced it. so only store bought nades can be super orc nades. but what this means is that these gloves are practically useless. i dont know about other servers, because i only play ft on about 3 servers but i never see anybody sporting these gloves. as it is, grenades are so weak damage wise is a terrible idea because it will only do about 30 damage (unless you hit th em for 4x damage on a crit) and its not worth giving your position away. i dunno what you should do with the gloves. probably leave as is, but just pointing out something ive observed.

i very much like that you have given cloak of shadows a new purpose. i remember back in the original wc3 mod days for a littlle while the cloak stacked with invis, and it was really overpowered. though humans are one of the races i like to play, and being more invisible might be fun :)

basically though, the mod is excellent and ive spent hours upon hours playing it. my only real gripe about it is the helm. one other thing i forgot to mention is the helm promotes degredation in terms of getting better. because since theres no indicator that the enemy is using a helm, its technically a good idea to shoot at the chest so theres no chance you will get fucked. cs is all about headshots, and although this is wc3ft you cant have cs without headshots :)

great mod, cant wait till version 3.0

DarkJP2
Rifleman

Post by DarkJP2 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:55 am

just a question: do you see that an enemy is waring an ank, mask of death or neclace? no ? ok then is there a point to see that you see the helm?
the game is all about luck and how prepared you are.

Geesu
<b>King of the world!</b>

Post by Geesu » Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:40 am

1) Was going to be the next war3 mod for 1.6... but I stopped working on it (it used a module)
2) Helm - I'll look into the chest thing but I doubt this is possible
3) Gloves - will be dif. in 3.0
4) Cloak - already stacks in 3.0
No Support via PM

xjen0va
Peon

Post by xjen0va » Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:14 pm

Geesu wrote:1) Was going to be the next war3 mod for 1.6... but I stopped working on it (it used a module)
2) Helm - I'll look into the chest thing but I doubt this is possible
3) Gloves - will be dif. in 3.0
4) Cloak - already stacks in 3.0

oh sweet, ok i didnt know about wc3ng. that makes me sad though cause some of the features i was reading about sound kinda nifty.

anway yeah i read the 3.0 changelogs and i was just saying its awesome that cloak stacks :)

and sweet news about the gloves.

just a question: do you see that an enemy is waring an ank, mask of death or neclace? no ? ok then is there a point to see that you see the helm?
the game is all about luck and how prepared you are.

neither of those items can do quite what i was talking about in my post, and have almos tno way to be exploited, like the helmet can.

i will definately agree that this game is a large portion of luck, but you really cant prepare yourself for a helmet...

like i said, your statement would be valid if ther was some indicator the enemy was wearing a helm, like their head glowed green or something. if the enemy is wearing a mask of death, sure he may steal health from you and as a result of that live. but thats mainly your fault for nothitting his head.

ok, also since i hear wc3ng has stopped development wise, i was reading these forums and i read that one of the features you meant to impliment in it was the ability to counter wardens ult with a necklace, will this be availible sometime in the future?

- Change: Traceline is used when searching for a target for certain ultimates (instead of get_user_aiming every .1 seconds)
please excuse my ignorance, but could this possibly mean something like roots will act faster? i remember in previus versions it seemed to act faster. as it is now, a lot of th etime i dont believe it works correctly. there have been many times where the roots actually go on after the enemy dies.

thanks

DarkJP2
Rifleman

Post by DarkJP2 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:57 am

Hmm i got an idea to make the helm a bit less powerfull

1. HS has a chance of 100% to be blocked
2. HS has a chance of 66% to be blocked
3. HS has a chance of 33% to be blocked and will destroy the helm

Overkill
Peon

Post by Overkill » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:31 pm

make it so that it removes the arm and legs hitboxes so newbs cant kill anyone =) plus, no more 5029723423 hits to the left arm, 200 to the chest :D

I have unloaded many a clip into a guys head, IE terro planting bomb with his back to me, and the helm got me killed. you know what i do? I shoot at the chest once I realize hes got the helm, then knife or pistol depending on range and practicality. Also, you can shoot through the ground and walls in most of those crouch spots mentioned in the first post, live with it?

I would rather see the helm replaced with an item that disorients enemies that hit you or something like that. Reverse impale =) But, learning to play with the helm was definately a challenge but now I don't mind it so much. Your call geesu :D

DesasterUK
WC3Mods Donor
WC3Mods Donor

Post by DesasterUK » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:55 am

I think he soultion for the helmet in 3.0 is an great idea.

U randomly get a count of bullets ur helmet can block.
After it runs out u need to buy a new one.

person12345
Peon

Post by person12345 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:31 pm

just make people with the helm more succeptible to grenades. make grenades do more damage to people wearing helms