[SUG] shopmenu prices

Want to talk about war3ft or make suggestions? Post them here

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Striker
Footman

[SUG] shopmenu prices

Post by Striker » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:59 am

It would be very nice if the prices for all items in the shopmenus are based on the racelevel.

Low prices for low Levels (~ 0-3), a little higher prices for middle levels (~ 4-6) and high prices all > 6 levels.

This will solve the following problem:

I increased the price for helm on my servers because helm should be a special item which you can buy every 2-4 rounds and not every round. Now its still easy for all middle-high level ppl. to buy this item but all low levels don't have enough money.

Same problem with other items. Exspecially high levels have to pay much more for all items because the have too much money.

Geesu
<b>King of the world!</b>

Post by Geesu » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:12 pm

I like this suggestion, I will consider it...

Any ideas for a base formula?
No Support via PM

DarkJP2
Rifleman

Post by DarkJP2 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:22 am

suggestion for the forula

if level <= 3 {price multiplier 0.8}
elseif level 3< and <6 {price multiplier 1}
elseif level <=6 {price multiplier 1.2 }

like this the high level would pay 50% more than the low level and 20% more than the mid level group which pays 25% more than the low level one

p.s. you may add a second system for dynamic prices like in some css servers now if you got the time (high popular items rice in the praice range about max 15-20% and low popular 15-20% down). this should be during a single map only since the shop warehouse gets empty the longer the map leasts and the prices ought to be back to normal after map change ;)

Mnc_
Peon

Post by Mnc_ » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:45 am

I don't like this idea.

Whenever I choose to play a new race up to lvl 10, from scratch, I just save my money for 2 to 3 rounds, and then I'll have enough money to keep going. with the ankh.. I might not have money for shopmenu-items from both menus all the time, but I can get to lvl 5 or 6 within an hour or so.
From there it shouldn't be too difficult to move on to lvl 10.
Blessed are the young, for they shall inherit the national debt.

Geesu
<b>King of the world!</b>

Post by Geesu » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:50 am

Mnc - what if prices were just lower for lower lvls but max price = the current prices?
No Support via PM

Krazy
Forum Administrator

Post by Krazy » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:33 pm

This idea sounds good to me, if the max is the current prices.

Need help anything to do with Warcraft 3 Mod, installing other plugins, setting up mySQL, installing PsychoStats, or anything else just PM/email me!

snapdoodle
Peon

Post by snapdoodle » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:35 pm

it would encourage lower levels to play because they can buy items to compensate for no abilities.