WC3:TFT.NET plugin (sources included!)

Want to talk about war3ft or make suggestions? Post them here

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Lim-Dul
Peon

WC3:TFT.NET plugin (sources included!)

Post by Lim-Dul » Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:26 pm

As promised in another topic I'm posting the sources of our modified Frozen Throne plugin which has been defunct for around 3 years now. Since I will post this message in several forums I have no intention of writing everything from scratch every single time.

I'm copying my post concerning a central XP saving system from the WCS (WarCraft Source) forums:

Hello!
First, a proper introduction of myself.

I was one of the co-coders of a sub-version of the WC3:TFT plugin for CS 1.6. It was called WC3.net.

I joined the project in 2003 or 2004, I don't recall. The other developers were plan.los, a German gamer and kenterfie, the developer of the famous HLSW application (http://www.hlsw.org/).

Now - plan.los and kenterfie had a dream. That dream constituted of a central XP saving system shared by many WC3 servers, so that every player could join any game they wished and have their proper skills, races etc. Sadly the plugin hasn't become as popular as we'd hoped - it was run on 5 German servers or so at the time of its excellence and has been defunct ever since 2004 or so. The main feature we've added to Pimp Daddy's plugin was of course the global XP saving system and some bug-fixes and tweaks (I find it funny to find some of the things we've fixed in WC3.net back in WCS - e.g. that Night Elves are losing armor when using evasion =).

Since I started to take interest in WCS lately (I've noticed that many things have changed - I'm only familiar with SmallScript since it was used for AMX plugins and now I wouldn't have a clue how to code the WCS plugin, but I might find out ;-) I recalled the times when I used to help in the development and all the fun we've had with the plugin.

I'm maintaining a friendly relationship with kenterfie and I've spoken to him about the plugin just yesterday.

So far I've had access only to the AMX plugin itself, since the master server used some kind of secure socket architecture and was top secret at the time.
Kenterfie agreed however to release the sources to our whole WC3.net system.

And now I've decided to release them to you. I'm really no expert at coding anything, but I'm a fast learner.

The system consists of three parts:

1. the master server
2. the AMX plugin communicating with the master server
3. the WC3.net plugin itself

Now - the whole thing might not be as useless as you might think. The master server and the secure socket plugin functioned independently of the WC3 plugin. It would be a matter of modifying the source code a bit to make them work with WCS. All you need is a server with Linux and MySQL on it...

One word in advance:

kenterfie used parts of a MySQL library and a string library by his own design found in HLSW. He had to remove the libraries from the package he sent me - HLSW is still being developed and closed source, so he can't hand them over to me.

Nevertheless these libraries can be replaced by standard libraries with some minor re-writing, again, I'm no expert and kenterfie is a talented programmer.

I'm sure SOMEBODY on these forums will know his way around C/C++ and maybe use kenterfie's work as a basis for including a similar system in WCS.

Imagine - all the WCS servers in the world united by one master server (of course there was a variable to disable the global XP system) - wouldn't that be great?

Well - enough talking, here comes the source code.

I know that not everything has been said, so feel free to ask me some questions about WC3.net and how it worked. Maybe someone could also point me to another developer community where I would have access to even more plugin-experts, so my chances of finding someone who could do the re-write would rise even further.
Attachments
wc3net.zip
PimpDaddy's Modified Plugin
(54.52 KiB) Downloaded 477 times
wc3net_ms2.rar
WC3.net master server (3 libraries missing)
(679.34 KiB) Downloaded 507 times
wc3netsocket_amxx1.rar
Socket Plugin
(297.39 KiB) Downloaded 484 times