2.3.2 Inquiry

Want to talk about war3ft or make suggestions? Post them here

Moderator: Forum Moderator

timittytim
Peon

2.3.2 Inquiry

Post by timittytim » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:47 am

Hi, i'm pretty new to setting up a dedicated server but i know what i want.

i want Podbots with latest amxmodx with Wc3FT 2.3.2, uaoi and roll the dice.

i have it all working apart from wc3... i understand that there are compatibility issues between the latest amx and the older wc3, but i'm really not too fond of the new things in version 3... so its still playable but just extremely confusing for people who cant remember all the numbers, or have never played wc3

however the problem i am having seems pretty minor, all the menu's and race names.etc are messed up for example...

i would love to know if you could do a quick fix for this problem or even inform me how i could attempt to fix it...
on another note it would be brilliant if you could include the old rules (such as permanent items, 1 item from both shop menu, and the skills of 2.3.2 like orc nades actually being powerful) into the version 3 as options in the config that way everybody is happy.

timittytim
Peon

Post by timittytim » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:09 am

if nobody can help me with that then could somebody please direct me to a compatible version of amxmodx and i will have to reinstall and reconfigure everything

YamiKaitou
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by YamiKaitou » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:45 am

I recommend using AmxModX 1.71 with war3ft 2.3.2. This is just because there are some bugs/issues that will arise if you use AmxX 1.75+. These bugs/issues will not be addressed as the 2.x line has ceased development. But, to answer your problem, make sure you have put the war3ft.txt file in the addons/amxmodx/data/lang folder.

Next time, please allow us time to read you post before you reply. We do not hover over our computers 24/7 waiting for people to reply here. We do other things on our computers and in real life. Everyone here does this by choice, we are not forced to do it

No support via PM or Email

Senne
Rifleman

Post by Senne » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:40 pm

Are you TheOne ?

if not : ml_notfound indicates you didnt put the txt files right or forgot to place them (in the data foder)

basically the same as yamika said ...

timittytim
Peon

Post by timittytim » Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:17 pm

ahh okay thanks for that...

i replied to my post so quickly because i felt that there was enough in the first post already and didnt want to make it more confusing to read, i wasn't trying to suggest that you are unhelpful, thanks, i will give this a go

ok well that file is already there... :(

YamiKaitou
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by YamiKaitou » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:59 am

In the server console or in rcon, type the following and paste the outputs here for us to see

amxx plugins

timittytim
Peon

Post by timittytim » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:12 am

i have it working now, i re downloaded wc3 and instead of the txt file being 14kb it was 171kb

i would like to ask you one last thing though, how do i get my dedicated server to save xp long term. i have no idea what mysql, sqlite and vault are

YamiKaitou
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by YamiKaitou » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:29 am

Look in the war3ft.cfg file. To save xp, set mp_savexp to 1. I recommend saving to vault if you don't know what you are doing

timittytim
Peon

Post by timittytim » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:12 am

okl, thanks for your help, everything is working and im not getting any problems with wc3 apart from if i give chameleon critical nade it doesn't work.

cheers

YamiKaitou
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by YamiKaitou » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:51 am

Show me your config for the chameleon

timittytim
Peon

Post by timittytim » Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:02 pm

at the moment its like this...

Code: Select all

// Chameleon Race Configuration Options (Race 9)
//	This race allows you to either assign skills that will be permanent, or random skills will be chosen each round
FT_Race9_Random		0		// Should the 9th race have random skills each round?, if so the next 4 option are irrelevant (default is 1)
FT_Race9_Skill1		4		// What race should the first skill be taken from? (default is 1)
FT_Race9_Skill2		5		// What race should the second skill be taken from? (default is 1)
FT_Race9_Skill3		8		// What race should the third skill be taken from? (default is 1)
FT_Race9_Ultimate	2		// What race should the ultimate be taken from? (default is 1)
it would seem that the bloodmage and cryptlord skills in the above wont work, i think its the same for whatever i choose for skill 2 and 3[/code]