Questions/Suggestions about Shadow Hunter/Warden

Want to talk about war3ft or make suggestions? Post them here

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Mikolas
Peon

Questions/Suggestions about Shadow Hunter/Warden

Post by Mikolas » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:17 am

hey guys is it just me, or does shadow hunter's ultimate get blocked by necklace now in the new version (as opposed to 2.3.2)?
Well I think i know the answer to that one already, but still!!!
From my experience, Shadow hunter is the least favorite for most people followed by warden compared to the other races, compared to the number of undead, human, night elf, blood mage players, those who I see play with shadow hunter usually only do it because they want to level it up to level 10, not because they actually favor it. But now even its ultimate rarely even works. It worked so little times against the enemy I actually wondered if there was a bug and it simply refused to save me.

But thats not what I'm here to babble and vent about. Is there not a way for shadow hunter's ultimate to work against undead's ultimate? It never seemed to have made sense to me that if you properly timed the invincibility to the undead's explosion, you still die even though the explosion ended prior to your ultimates. Wondering if something could be done about that.

Also, and this for some odd reason is more important to me, how could I get shadow hunter's ability to work against physical damage (not through enemy fire) again? In the old version, you can take any damage, including C4 bomb explosions, or falling off heights during the ultimate. I found that really handy and enjoyable to play with shadow hunter for vertical oriented maps. Can anybody provide me with some assistance for this? I miss being able to jump off the top floor of de_rats map and landing on the floor to kill somebody down there like rambo with some strong knees. =P

Lastly in an attempt to make the shadow hunter more fair (of course, this is biased to my opinion of its capabilities), I might consider increasing his serpent wards amount, do I only need to edit the numbers in the constants.inl file, or is there some place else I should also edit?

As for the warden, this is just a suggestion, I don't expect it to get done since you guys are probably too busy =P, but I figured I had to spit it out just in case. You know how the warden gets respawned automatically upon death with 50 hp, but this is often a pain in the butt, because the enemy happen to be in spawn at the very moment you respawn and then you just die oh so quickly Warden in my opinion is certainly not the character to be (compared to other races) if you want to leave having a good score. So, I was wondering that if this can be modified in such a way that if a player dies as a warden without having the chance to use the ultimate, that they stay in third person (as dead player observe) and activate the ultimate when they please to revive. Meaning this would basically be a free scroll of respawn when dead. It's other function of returning back to base should still remain the same. It just seemed a bit unfair that the wardens "Ultimate" move, is often its death a second time.

By the way, I haven't tested this out yet, I know in the old version (2.3.2), if you had 51+ hp with warden and you activated its ultimate to get back to base, they lost that surplus hp and was reduced to 50. Does it still do this in the new version? I think if they have 51+ hp and activate the ultimate, they should have that hp remaining.

Hope you guys might consider some of these ideas. Thanks for your time.

Geesu
<b>King of the world!</b>

Re: Questions/Suggestions about Shadow Hunter/Warden

Post by Geesu » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:42 pm

What version are you playing on?
No Support via PM

Mikolas
Peon

Post by Mikolas » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:07 pm

I believe it is RC 11, the latest one.

Mikolas
Peon

Post by Mikolas » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:48 pm

So uuh, any chances of this being implemented?

YamiKaitou
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by YamiKaitou » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:54 pm

I don't like reading big blocks (can't stay focused that long), can you summarize what you are asking for?

No support via PM or Email

Mikolas
Peon

Post by Mikolas » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:56 pm

Suggestions
Shadow Hunter:
1. If shadow hunter player properly times/uses invincibility ultimate in accordance to enemy undead's suicide ultimate occurring, he should not be killed.

2. Allow shadow hunter's invincibility ultimate to protect player from environmental damage like in 2.3.2 again.
For instance, using ultimate when de map bomb explodes, or using ultimate when falling down a significant height to protect from damage.

Warden:
1. Change the Warden's ultimate's current ability of automatically respawn upon death (if not blocked by necklace) by allowing the player more versatility to choose when to respawn. One possibility is for the dead Warden player (whose ultimate was not blocked upon death), to press the ultimate key if they so choose to respawn.

2. If Warden player is alive, and for example has 63 hp, and decides to use ultimate to return to base, his hp drops down to 50 regardless, I suggest that if the player's hp is above 50 and uses ultimate, it remains at the original hp.

Edit:
3. Warden should be able to "choose" when to mole, by use of pressing the ability key before the round ends, to which then he will have the 5, 10, 15% chance of moling the next round, at least this way he can anticipate trying to mole. This is but a minor suggestion that allows for more flexibility for warden players.
End of Edit

I decided to suggest this because I hope to find ways to make shadow hunter and warden as popular as their fellow races.

If you don't believe it's fair to do so, any chance of making an individual copy/showing me how to make such changes?

I really miss is the shadow hunter's old environmental damage resistance, being able to jump down from sky high, land like a matrix character, take out a target way below, and live to tell the tale!

Thanks for your time

Geesu
<b>King of the world!</b>

Post by Geesu » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:15 pm

SH:
1 - Would agree - IF attacker doesn't have neck
2 - Would agree

Warden:
1 - Nope
2 - Nope
3 - Nope

Sorry on the no for warden - but a lot of things need to be automatic - otherwise the abilities will never get used and peeps will be confused
No Support via PM