Which version is the best?

Want to talk about war3ft or make suggestions? Post them here

Moderator: Forum Moderator

qxrt
Peon

Re: Which version is the best?

Post by qxrt » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:17 am

The new version has its advantages, but it also "de-proved" in other ways:

1. Blood mage ultimate is changed from a unique flamethrower into a point-and-damage boring ultimate.
2. Night elf evasion doesn't work!
3. Shadow hunter has been crippled to the point of uselessness, since even its ultimate can be nulled by necklace now.

Mikolas
Peon

Post by Mikolas » Sun May 31, 2009 3:52 pm

I do wish we could have the old Crypt Lord (the one where impale shook your screen), and Blood Mage (with slap and cool flame thrower) was back. The new bm isn't as cool.

supergreg
Peon

Post by supergreg » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:52 pm

Mikolas wrote:I do wish we could have the old Crypt Lord (the one where impale shook your screen), and Blood Mage (with slap and cool flame thrower) was back. The new bm isn't as cool.
I completely agree, but I remember there was no mercy on that one, Geesu really wanted the old BM banish long gone ;)

We actually still run v2.3.2 on our servers, as most of our players prefer how the game plays with the old races. It's nearly perfectly balanced as well.
Just wish I knew enough coding to fix the bugs this old version has.
Like:
- being killed by the terrorists' bomb renders orcs' reinc/item reinc useless, you spawn without weapons, and still have the reinc item
- if an UD uses suicide bomber next to you while you are using your voodoo, you will die when the voodoo expires
- minmodels 1 causes some people to see moles with original skin, it would be nice to fix the problem instead of having to kick on minmodels 1
- sometimes the glow around a player who used voodoo will stick until he is killed or reconnects

Further on I guess we will be running our 2 old v2 servers which share xp, and then a third one which runs v3. Hopefully v3's gameplay will be as good/fun as v2 again ;)