PSP

Anything not related to war3 mods

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Frozen Flame
Militia

PSP

Post by Frozen Flame » Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:22 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i would choose the psp and if you want a 3 page borin review go here http://psp.ign.com/articles/496/496983p1.html

But if u want the flamesters review sit back and enjoy the ride.

RITE first the psp great little machine, supposedly has the same graphical capability of the ps2 (bs) if that was trew they wouldnt have come out with the slimline ps2 (duh brains) but however the quality is exceptional, it supports WI-FI, now if you dont know what that is then your you better get prepared cause its f****n brilliant (forgotten if im allowed to swear.) This is the bofinated version:

Short for wireless fidelity This is another name for IEEE 802.11b. It is a trade term promulgated by the Wireless Ethernet Compatibility Alliance (WECA). "Wi-Fi" is used in place of 802.11b in the same way that "Ethernet" is used in place of IEEE 802.3. Products certified as Wi-Fi by WECA are interoperable with each other even if they are from different manufacturers. A user with a Wi-Fi product can use any brand of Access Point with any other brand of client hardware that is built to the Wi-Fi standard

Now my version: Basically as far as i understand as have been informed it is a very fast wireless internet, which in the near future will allow you to play the psp against anyone in the world from practically everywhere. (XCEPT the bermuda triangle cause everyone they sent their for testing never returned). As far as i know if it cannot send a direct signal to the main server then the same principal mobile telephone recievers will be used, but this brings a whole new era to online gaming, in the near future u might even get a quick game of cs on ur laptop at lunchtime at school (thats if someone dosent nick it) Please correct me if i am rong about any of this. s basically it has a wireless lan capabilities ready installed, and if u still have no idea what im on about then ill dumb it down as much as i can, u can play anywhere against anyone. many of you may have the WI_FI in your homes, its basically just a wireless lan so you will be farmiliar with it already.

Ok now that the online and multiplayer side it out the way, i will move onto the actually specs of the console: get ready: its reli long: prepare yourself:

UMD(Universal Media Disc)
60mm
Laser Diode:660nm
Dual Layer :1.8GB
Transfer Rate:11Mbps
Shock Proof
Secure ROM by AES
Unique Disc ID

PSP CPU CORE
MIPS R4000 32bit Core
128bit Bus
1 - 333MHz @ 1.2V
Main Memory :8MB(eDRAM)
Bus Bandwidth :2.6GB/sec
I-Cache, D-Cache
FPU, VFPU (Vector Unit) @ 2.6GFlops
3D-CG Extended Instructions

PSP Media Engine
MIPS R4000 32bit Core
128bit Bus
1 - 333MHz @ 1.2V
Sub Memory:2MB(eDRAM) @ 2.6GB/sec
I-Cache, D-Cache
90nm CMOS

PSP Graphics Core 1
3D Curved Surface + 3D Polygon
Compressed Texture
Hardware Clipping, Morphing, Bone(8)
Hardware Tessellator
Bezier, B-Spline(NURBS)
ex 4x4, 16x16, 64x64 sub-division

PSP Graphics Core 2
'Rendering Engine' + 'Surface Engine'
256bit Bus, 1-166 MHz @ 1.2V
VRAM :2MB(eDRAM)
Bus Bandwidth :5.3GB/sec
Pixel Fill Rate :664 M pixels/sec
max 33 M polygon /sec(T&L)
24bit Full Color:RGBA

PSP Sound Core: VME
Reconfigurable DSPs
128bit Bus
166MHz @1.2V
5 Giga Operations /sec
CODEC
3D Sound, Multi-Channel
Synthesizer, Effecter, etc

AVC Decoder
AVC(H.264) Decoder
Main Profile
Baseline Profile
@Level1,Level2,Level3
2Hours(High Quality) - DVD movie
4Hours(Standard Quality) - CS Digital

I/O
USB 2.0
Memory Stick
Extension Port(reserved)
Stereo Head phone Out

Communication
Wireless LAN (i802.11)
IrDA
USB 2.0

wooooh that was long, took me a while to take apart my psp and work all that out and test each piece individually . ok, as you can see it has USB 2.0 and 4 hours of movie playback time (so about 1 movie). You can also see that it has 2 graphics cores, which sounds really really cool, its a shame i have no idea what advantage that gives you but its gotta be good. Also notice that it says it has a secure ROM, lol what a joke, give it 2 maybe 3 days before they figure out how to copy them, and the discs themselves are as small as the discs in the gamecube, slightly bigger than mini-discs. The rest of the info on this page you can either figure out for yourself cause its pretty simple, or I just have no clue what it means. But most of the stuff is self explanatory. So due to the very complicated jargan the basic fact is that the hardware is a lot better than its rivals, i mean who needs 2 small screens with low quality when you can have 1 big screen with good quality. Also the software and games being released for the PSP have a lot of backing as big companies see the PSP as more of an investment than the others so there are better games and game develepors working on the psp (should have put some money on the stock market(haha)). So the hardware and software are better, it also looks better and has more of a name for itself already.

Ok now onto the Nintendo ds,
lol that took long so im gonna leave the ds for now, someone else can do it or if not ill finish it tomorow