Anyone know who is coding this WC3 for source?

General discussion about Warcraft MODs for CS/CZ/DOD

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Rugar
Peon

Anyone know who is coding this WC3 for source?

Post by Rugar » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:07 am

Hey all,

I have been patiently waiting for Geesu et al. to develop WC3 before I made the transition to CS:S. The other day though, I was demonstrating CS:S on my new puter for a friend when I happened to stumble across this: "WC3 SAVEDXP CS:Source www.elitegamingcorp.com" in my server list! I thought "WTF! OMG!" and immediately jumped in to look around.

At this point, whoever is coding it has only 4 races and some of the skills working, but it is playable. I was just wondering if anyone knew who was coding this and if they have forums somewhere. I looked through the EliteGamingCorp webpage but this http://www.elitegamingcorp.com/nuke/mod ... page&pid=4 was the most info I could find.

Thanks for the help.

ferret
Lead Warcraft 3 XP Developer

Post by ferret » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:49 am

Some kid. Its a very shakey thing from what I've seen. Last I saw it relied on 3-4 other plugins, which adds a lot of instability.

I do not know where Geesu is on a CS:S WC3. I have begun ground work for converting WC3 XP though. I plan to make an exact conversion however, no reworkings or new features. I believe Geesu has plans to redesign a large amount of the plugins.
-< www.gamehavoc.com >-

Lazarus Long: And I know you didn't because the Server Files are version 2.2.6 and the file you posted is version 2.2.5, so do as I told you above and don't ever lie to me again or help is gone!

Rugar
Peon

Post by Rugar » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:13 am

Yah, it definitely needs work but it is interesting. I know Geesu's long standing position is that he was waiting for SourceMod and that makes sense to me. From what I can tell, whoever is coding that mod isn't using Mani-Admin or even SourceMM. I was really curious to get a look at his code...

Krazy
Forum Administrator

Post by Krazy » Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:28 pm

I just went to play it today and all I have to say is WTF... undead sucide kills your team mates and he really screwed up the skills. It was so great that I am never going on a Warcraft 3 server on Source till amx mod source comes out and a real Warcraft 3 gets made.

Need help anything to do with Warcraft 3 Mod, installing other plugins, setting up mySQL, installing PsychoStats, or anything else just PM/email me!

Rugar
Peon

Post by Rugar » Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:49 pm

Well, it looks as if he is adding one or two skills in each iteration. In effect, he is using that server as an "open" closed beta. By that I mean that the source is still restricted to his server but it is open for everyone to play. *shrug*

Rugar
Peon

Post by Rugar » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:28 am

Just keeping everyone updated on this server...

I jumped in yesterday and it looks as if the guy has added some new functionality. If anyone is lurking and knows who is coding this, PLEASE ask him to fix it so !suicide doesn't kill teammates when friendly fire is turned off.

Thanx.

Rugar
Peon

Post by Rugar » Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:08 pm

Ok... finally got ahold of the admin of that CS:S War3 server. It's being built off of ManiMod and the forums for the mod are at: http://mattie.info/cs/forums/viewforum.php?f=22

Interesting reading.

Rugar
Peon

Post by Rugar » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:04 pm

Another update for those who want to try this out. I am working with the server admin now to run this server. Come try out the new updates and see what you think. A major update is in the works as well to clean up a lot of the code and improve performance.

Ferret, as you say this whole thing is built on Mattie's EventScripts and that ISN'T the best way to go. But at least it's something while we wait for SourceMod to be ready.

Highfighter
WC3Mods Donor
WC3Mods Donor

Post by Highfighter » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:07 pm

hehe lol thats my server :P yeah, I havent been able to play it until recently so I didnt know the bugs, let alone know where to begin to fix it.
www.elitegamingcorp.com - - Up and growing counter-strike community.