WoW Mod ( serious about it )

General discussion about Warcraft MODs for CS/CZ/DOD

Moderator: Forum Moderator

v3x
Peon

WoW Mod ( serious about it )

Post by v3x » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:19 pm

Hello, everyone! I am v3x from the AMX Mod X forums.

I've noticed that a couple of people have talked about making a World of Warcraft mod and some even started on it a little bit as well, but none of them seem dedicated to it.

So what I need from you guys are tons of ideas!

Here are the classes:

Code: Select all

enum 
{
	CLASS_NONE = 0,
	CLASS_DRUID,
	CLASS_HUNTER,
	CLASS_MAGE,
	CLASS_PALADIN,
	CLASS_PRIEST,
	CLASS_ROGUE,
	CLASS_SHAMAN,
	CLASS_WARLOCK,
	CLASS_WARRIOR
}
I need ideas for the skills/ultimates for each class and whatever else you can think of. But those are the things I'm mainly focusing on right now.

So if you could donate some of your ideas I would GREATLY appreciate it.

oh, where are my pastries?!

Krazy
Forum Administrator

Post by Krazy » Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:40 am

I do not play the game but this looks like a good site to get some ideas off of:
http://wow.allakhazam.com/forum.html?cat=107

Also you could try talking to someone that gets or their mIRC:
http://wow.allakhazam.com/IRC.html

Need help anything to do with Warcraft 3 Mod, installing other plugins, setting up mySQL, installing PsychoStats, or anything else just PM/email me!

DarkAngel
Militia

Post by DarkAngel » Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:59 am

Oweee.

hmm. Some Ideas:
- All races goes lvl 60 like the wow
- Teleport, Gate and timemachine is very nice
- Some skills from ultimate warcraft (like these skills)
- Beginnersluck -> for beginners

hmm. Come more... wait.. :mrgreen:
Developer of the UWC3 Next Generation mod.
http://www.fun-arena.com

v3x
Peon

Post by v3x » Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:39 pm

I don't play it either, that's why I need all of the information I can get from the users here.

I need ideas for skills/ultimates and the main mod itself.

For example:
Druid: Steel armor - Increases armor by 10%/50%/100%
And then maybe I could do something with skillpoints as well.

Maybe this would be better off as a raceless version and just go up to level 60. Or maybe have each class go up to level 60. That'd require a lot of work and probably a lot of CPU usage as well. Gimme your thoughts/ideas :)

Edit: Maybe I could choose a few random skills from here: http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/spelllist.html

v3x
Peon

Post by v3x » Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:36 pm

Mmk, so my henchmen, Lucas, has gathered up some ideas for skills/ultimates: http://ghw-amxx.com/viewtopic.php?p=219#219

Tell me what you think.

Geesu
<b>King of the world!</b>

Post by Geesu » Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:29 pm

v3x if you're really serious about doing this let me know and I can provide u a forum etc... although I'm sure u have the capabilities to do this :P
No Support via PM

v3x
Peon

Post by v3x » Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:43 pm

I'm serious about it. I'm going to recode everything from scratch though; because I don't want to get used to other people's formatting and such with other WC3 plugins. Although I may use other WC3 plugins for reference ;)

I don't really know where I should start at.

All I have done right now is like 70 lines, and that's merely a minor dent into the whole thing. Also, I'm not sure if I'm going to make seperate .INL files or not.

I'm tired so I'm going to go to sleep. Bai.

P.S. I still need a solid layout for the class skills/ultimates! See here for more details.

lickity
Militia

Post by lickity » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:15 am

dude ok i've been kinda waiting for someone to come by and say they are interested aswell, everytime i open up wow i get more interested in converting the skills to work in cs. but then i get discouraged by my lack of coding knowledge, and the fact that i would need a coder who is willing... ect

though after reading the thread on your site, im discouraged again, i was hoping for ultimate wow, but meh if i help you with this will you promise to make an uwow plugin?

first thing is first since we have http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/spelllist.html we can easaly disinclude all skills that wont be easaly integrated into cs commands for each class or are other wise not useful. from there we can condense and decide which is more worthwhile and new.

we also have to keep in mind talent trees and if you want to add those in place of like say attribs or resistances we have in current uwc3. like adding to a talent tree would improve all skills in that tree or if you want to individualy improve skills in that talent tree like wow works it with talent ponts. and have attributes just get greater per level depending on your class.

attribute points should be handled automaticaly based on your class, like in wow. we can find out the details on which attribs would help which skills ect. this way we can have some skills reduce these which inturn would reduce your damage for x-seconds. each class has a main attribute branch
that add to thier skills.

you need a "pool" bar, mana, energy and rage are the 3 in wow, this could be used as a way to cap the amount of the skills they are using over the period of time, some skills will use it others wont,
example: you got a para and your spraying like mad you are getting a critical on every 4th or 5th bullet each critical uses 10 points of 100 total pool points giving you a max of 10 criticals.
the pool points regenerate pretty slow. with the option of certain ultimate style activation skills via a bind could add 30 or so pool points back but these skills should have a long cooldown time. also this would be a skill that does not need pool points to be activated.

im stuck on uwc3 so my ideas and suggestions may be in that kind of format sorry, i really like uwc3 but if you include many skills per class and make them not so cpu intensive it would also be great.

lets start with hrm, hunter skills
hunter workable skills: please note that the skills go from low level to high level ive grouped the stings and the aspects together for orginisations sake =P
-------------------------------
raptor strike - added damage on your knife
track "xxx" - add a sprite up to one player in x%-radius on a paticular class that can be seen through walls for 2 seconds, each upgrade could add another player or another class. % on stealth classes is highly reduced.
parry - a passive skill - do you want to add these? a low % of bullets may be returned.

aspect of the monkey - evasion pretty much - "only one aspect can be active at a time"
aspect of the hawk - reduces the cost of pool points for skills - "only one aspect can be active at a time"
aspect of the cheeta - increase speed by % if you get hit you are dazed(slowed movement by over 50%)- "only one aspect can be active at a time"
aspect of the beast - cannot be tracked by other hunters - "only one aspect can be active at a time"

serpent sting - shadow strike in essence "only one sting per hunter can be active on any one target"
scorpion sting - reduce attribute points on target for x-seconds making them do less damage "only one sting per hunter can be active on any one target"
viper sting - drains % of pool points over x-seconds "only one sting per hunter can be active on any one target"
wyvern sting - has % to reduces sight (blind but with opacity) on target for x-seconds

arcane shot - added % of damage per bullet similar to trueshot
concussive shot - slows enemy by 50% for x-seconds
call pet - you know those beattles?
mogoose bite - after a sucsessfull dodge , you have a chance to counter attack the enemy for 25 damage ontop of your attack, (if you attack)
counter attack - after a successful parry the fallowing shot would imobilize or slow the opponent for x-seconds.
immolation trap/ freeze trap - like the trap plugin this would be a great skill to have as a hunter.
multi-shot - add a second or third bullet but have it come from x cordinates to the side of the player? or just add a second bullet with random or double recoil?
rapid fire - does this need explaining? add extra recoil!
FEIGN DEATH - fake die, this would just be funny as hell!!!
flare - reviel stealthed played in a certain radius.

black arrow - has % to slow target cause lots of shadow damage and drain pool points, **this could be an ultimate**
volley - rainz down arcane arrows in targeted area for x-seconds **this could be an ultimate**

hunter useless skills
-----------------------------
auto shot - ...yeah like we need hax in a mod...
throw - throw you gun at em see if it hurts? you could work this with the throw knife plugin but im not sure how intensive that is alone
hunters mark - cant see a use for it
distraction shot - to hard
beast lore ...
wing clip - same as concussive shot
tame beast
revive pet
feed pet
dismiss pet
mend pet
beast training

pet skills that are not needed or would other wise be to system intensive to add as bot skills but maybe not if you really wanted to add a pet besides the beattles.. and we could have other models for the beattles, something simple not many polys, could probly get one of the weapon modlers to whip something up...
-------------
claw
bite
prowl
scorpion poison
lightning breath
cobra reflexes
charge
thunderstomp
cower

i may have missed one or two insignifigant skills. but the main ones are there, now if they are all doable with the other classes in mind thats great.

but im imagining that like uwc3 there are 40 skills to choose from, though its written a lil sloppy (am not a profesional cant say that for sure only hearsay) and inturn is more cpu intensive. you may be able to do a better job at reducing that and inturn be able to add more skills, i do hope this is the case.

i will get the others done over the next few days and i will also post this on the other fourm as to generate more ideas.

i wanna thank you for coming along and dedicating yourself to a wow plugin!!!!

Ammz
Peon

Post by Ammz » Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:03 pm

Your insane lickity i read like 60% and gave up it's night and i am tired! I really love this wow moudle/plugin or what ever could you just tell me when it maybe will be ready to beta test or something?? :D 8)

Mitzocul
Peon

Post by Mitzocul » Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:36 am

v3x wrote:Druid: Steel armor - Increases armor by 10%/50%/100%
A druid is a mage,wizard that uses nature magic,spells ... What does the Steel Armor doing here(if i`m not mistaking) :wink:

lickity
Militia

Post by lickity » Mon May 01, 2006 1:34 am

thats why i feel its imparitive that we pull skills only from the wow tree and only modify them to be workable within cs, how ever you want to say it.

nightscream
Sorceress

Post by nightscream » Mon May 01, 2006 11:08 am

i would make a big mod like you first choose your race & then your class
woudn't that be cooler?
want help pm me

lickity
Militia

Post by lickity » Tue May 02, 2006 11:10 am

the hl1 engine can only handle so much =/ or we would

avestia
Peon

Post by avestia » Wed May 03, 2006 3:13 pm

lickity wrote: -------------------------------
hunter useless skills
-----------------------------
auto shot - ...yeah like we need hax in a mod...
throw - throw you gun at em see if it hurts? you could work this with the throw knife plugin but im not sure how intensive that is alone
wing clip - same as concussive shot
auto shot - is not a hack. In WoW, hunters are the only class that can keep shooting without constantly hitting the shoot button. It's just the equivelant of holding down the trigger in CS.

Throw - refers to throwing weapons (knives, ect). Would not be useless, if out of ammo it'd serve to be quite handy.

Wing Clip - is NOT the same as concussive shot. It's a melee attack, not ranged.

Please, play WoW before you make a WoW cs mod. And the thing about crits and pools makes no sense at all.

lickity
Militia

Post by lickity » Thu May 18, 2006 10:22 am

I have played wow and I have played an extensive amount of cs,
and i basically narrowed down all the skills to whats workable in cs and how it will work,
I had to change some of the skills output so it can actually be useful in cs, there is no way to add the actual wow fighting system so there for some skills are useless or just not practical to incorporate.

for instance "wing clip" according to your specifications would only work with the knife, and concussive shot would only work through a firearm, while this is kinda pointless to make into 2 skills when there are so many skills to implement already, and that's why its made into one skill for all weapons

as for the "throw" skill you can read that I have already linked it to a "throw knife" plugin an stated its a possibility, but i a keeping in mind the already apparent massiveness of the proposed plugin and knowing somewhat of the knife throw plugin it seemed a bit system intensive.

again auto shot in the sense of wow is not practically implementable into cs, there are just simple reasons why we don't want the gun to auto fire your whole clip away, and i really don't think we want it to auto shot if en enemy runs in front of you as that would in essence a cs hack.

im waiting for the ghw site to back online and also find time to go over the rest of the classes.