SourceMOD

General discussion about Warcraft MODs for CS/CZ/DOD

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Lim-Dul
Peon

SourceMOD

Post by Lim-Dul » Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:36 pm

Sooo - now that there is a public release, will any steps be made towards porting your awesome plugin to SourceMOD? I fully understand that it's totally lacking in features as it is, but this will (hopefully) be changing on a daily basis...

I'm sure someone like kryptonite would be glad to help everybody if he's up to the task, given his experience with WCS... And we're back on familiar territory for me too - that is, I hardly play CS 1.6 anymore, but would support a SourceMOD port all the way. ^^

YamiKaitou
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by YamiKaitou » Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:51 pm

1) SourceMod does not have a public release yet. It just opened it's CVS to the public

2) Moving this to General/General

3) It might require a complete recoding for it to work properly

No support via PM or Email

Lim-Dul
Peon

Post by Lim-Dul » Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:56 pm

Yeah well - but there semi-working nightly builds ARE available, so it wouldn't hurt to take a look, would it?

It's never too early to start thinking about porting something otherwise you'll end up just like NVIDIA who's unable to provide users with drivers that actually WORK under Vista, even though beta versions of the system and presumably the SDK have been around for ages. ;-)

According to the SourceMOD development team SM will try to be as backwards-compatible as possible, so the complete recoding would be reduced to a major rewrite. ^^