Need help with installing Wc3...

General discussion about Warcraft MODs for CS/CZ/DOD

Moderator: Forum Moderator

+|}3V^
Peon

Need help with installing Wc3...

Post by +|}3V^ » Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:34 am

First i wonder if i must have Amx Mod X to install wc3? I only have Amx Mod...

And what different version of Wc3 is it?

Lazarus Long
Lead PITA SOB

Post by Lazarus Long » Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:24 am

If you simply read the thread just above this one...
Lazarus

+|}3V^
Peon

Post by +|}3V^ » Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:37 pm

Ok... Wc3 xp seems best?

1. But i need to know if its even possible to install this on the original Amx Mod, NOT Amx Mod X... Or doesnt the Amx Mod have anything to do with Wc3 ???

2. I just need help with 1 thing that i cant understand in the documentation... If i now download Wc3 for windows and i want to play Wc3 on my "D:\Spel\Steam\SteamApps\username\dedicated server", how do i extract the files? And enable it and make it compitable with evrything else?

3. Or isnet it even possible to have on dedicated server ?

Lazarus Long
Lead PITA SOB

Post by Lazarus Long » Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:09 pm

OK, plain and simple:
  1. Decide which MOD you will want to run
  2. Go to that MOD forum area
  3. Read the instructions in the corresponding Releases and/or Help forum
  4. Read the instructions inside the package you will download
  5. All MODs have AMX Mod versions, they are simply old and not maintained anymore (and I still cannot understand why won't you install AMX Mod X anyway)
Regards,
Last edited by Lazarus Long on Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lazarus

ferret
Lead Warcraft 3 XP Developer

Post by ferret » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:28 pm

WC3 XP does not work with AMX, only AMXX.

Why would you WANT to use AMX? Its an outdated buggy POS. AMXX is far superiour in every way, stability, performance, debugging, functionality, everything.
-< www.gamehavoc.com >-

Lazarus Long: And I know you didn't because the Server Files are version 2.2.6 and the file you posted is version 2.2.5, so do as I told you above and don't ever lie to me again or help is gone!

+|}3V^
Peon

Post by +|}3V^ » Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:18 pm

I used Amx Mod because it was the first i found, and it had much better noob needed documentation... And now later on i had alot of problem with the Amx Mod X auto installer and .zip install files whice didnt have some modules like the stats requierd module.

But i got it working now and i want to use this Wc3 mod:
"amxmod x 1.5x (6.21 MB) v2.2.5 cstrike/czero 08/08/2005"
but whice Wc3 is this? Under whice forum should i ask for help?
Last edited by +|}3V^ on Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

+|}3V^
Peon

Post by +|}3V^ » Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:27 pm

O.O that .zip file seemd to have amxx mod and all in one, lol im so stuppid.
But if i now would replace my other amxx with this what more changes would i need to make, in like meta mod and server start?
And this download i wrote on the post above is it only for Wc3 mod? Or can i simply by 1 ; or command remove it (pause) ?

Because i play more regular CS 1.6 and i dont want to have to change alot of files and configs all the time.

Lazarus Long
Lead PITA SOB

Post by Lazarus Long » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:01 pm

Go to the site where you downloaded that package and you'll find there what MOD it is. You will also find at that site there is another package called Server Files that you can use to install over a existing AMX Mod X installation. You can also open the package and read the txt files to know what MOD it is.

Then go to the MOD's section here and read the instructions on the Help/Support forum.

You can always delete your current addons folder and use that package to install both AMX Mod X and the MOD. Then you can redo the customizations you made, if any, to your current installation.

And this is the politest reply I gave in a long time, since what I'm wanting to do is yell at you to USE THE GOD DAMN SEARCH.

Best regards,
Lazarus

+|}3V^
Peon

Post by +|}3V^ » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:01 am

lol i got it to work without any help at all when i understod where it was supposed to be put in :D