Vote: Should WC3 developers wait on Sourcemod?

General discussion about Warcraft MODs for CS/CZ/DOD

Moderator: Forum Moderator

WC3 mod should wait for Sourcemod?

NO! Release it as Metamod:Source plugin
11%
Yes! wait till 2050 for Sourcemod to release
89%

Total votes: 9

rahmaa04
Peon

Vote: Should WC3 developers wait on Sourcemod?

Post by rahmaa04 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:50 pm

Should we all be kept waiting on the imaginary release of Sourcemod or move forward with our lives?

We have been waiting forever for Sourcemod, and there has been nothing, nada, ZERO.

ferret
Lead Warcraft 3 XP Developer

Post by ferret » Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:11 pm

Keep in mind part of the delay in Sourcemod's developement was that BAILOPAN stopped working on it and effort and time was put into SourceMM

SourceMod, like AMXX before it, is easier to use to code these kinds of things because it tremendously lessens the amount of research and time needed to complete the mod.

For example, with AMXX, I don't need to know ANYTHING about the HL1SDK to write and code WC3 XP.

However, to make it a straight server plugin or sourcemm plugin, I'll need to spend time learning the HL2 SDK. A lot of time. And I have to deal with the various quirks that occur between Windows and Linux builds.

SourceMOD would tremendously increase the speed with which I could develope, test, release, and bug fix.

The fact is my C++ is very rusty, and even if I started on a sourcemm version, it would probably take just as long.
-< www.gamehavoc.com >-

Lazarus Long: And I know you didn't because the Server Files are version 2.2.6 and the file you posted is version 2.2.5, so do as I told you above and don't ever lie to me again or help is gone!

Geesu
<b>King of the world!</b>

Post by Geesu » Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:23 pm

My response to this poll...

Fuck you, if you want it so fucking bad, make it yourself, bitch.
No Support via PM

-]Tical2k[- Doom
Peon

Post by -]Tical2k[- Doom » Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:18 pm

Geesu wrote:My response to this poll...

Nice argument... You may should add a polloption for this :lol: I bet that one would win ;)

rahmaa04
Peon

Post by rahmaa04 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:45 pm

Immature and mentally disturbed. Seek professional help since you do not know how to communicate but claim to unite WC3 developers. Any thing you produce must stink. Ferret could star teaching you how to behave to start with little kid.....

Please ban me, I will hate to come back to this place again.

ferret

Post by ferret » Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:12 am

Hahahahahahaha. Geesu ftw
-< www.gamehavoc.com >-

Lazarus Long: And I know you didn't because the Server Files are version 2.2.6 and the file you posted is version 2.2.5, so do as I told you above and don't ever lie to me again or help is gone!

Geesu

Post by Geesu » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:33 pm

rahmaa04 wrote:

Immature and mentally disturbed. Seek professional help since you do not know how to communicate but claim to unite WC3 developers. Any thing you produce must stink. Ferret could star teaching you how to behave to start with little kid.....

Please ban me, I will hate to come back to this place again.
Get some perspective.... Imagine getting a message (email, PM, AIM) about every other day asking when it's going to be released.... then tell me you wouldn't get pissed about it...

And seriously, that poll was pretty insensitive to say the least, I'm sick of responding nicely... Yes it came off harsh, but hopefully people will stop asking the same question repeatedly
No Support via PM

Freecode
Footman

Post by Freecode » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:34 pm

ferret u forgot to mention about when valve fucks up the whole SDK with their updates which makes u sit and trying to find a fix for weeks.
One of big problems that BAIL has with keeping CSSDM alive.
So to me i rather wait till 2099 for SM to come out, that way i dont have a headache from noobs like rahmaa04 that will bitch 24/7 about WC3 being broken after a new steam update.

my 2cents

BAILOPAN
Peon

Post by BAILOPAN » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:36 pm

The Source SDK is not ready for stable 3rd party plugin development.

Geesu

Post by Geesu » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:36 pm

OMGZORSSZSZS its teh BAILOPAN

Welcome kind sir
No Support via PM

ferret

Post by ferret » Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:15 pm

BAILOPAN wrote:The Source SDK is not ready for stable 3rd party plugin development.
HI BAIL.
-< www.gamehavoc.com >-

Krazy
Forum Administrator

Post by Krazy » Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:06 pm

Releasing Warcraft 3 Mod for Source with Metamod:Source would probably take longer then releasing it with Source Mod because you would have to create all the code that Source Mod would make that would help Warcraft 3 Mod run plus the Warcraft 3 Mod code. Plus that was rude to make that poll. If anyone should be making it that would be Geeus.

Need help anything to do with Warcraft 3 Mod, installing other plugins, setting up mySQL, installing PsychoStats, or anything else just PM/email me!