War3x 1.1 Development Update

War3x announcements and releases, download the plugin here

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Ryan
Lead Developer<br><b>W A R 3 X</b>

War3x 1.1 Development Update

Post by Ryan » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:04 am

Hey everyone.

Thought I would post some progress reports on v1.1 of War3x.

There are still a few crash bugs that exist in v1.0(1) of the plugin. I have located a few with the help of Bailopan's (unreleased) 1.71 AMXX dll, which includes binary logging, and have fixed them, but since I am not logging on a heavily populated server, I'll have to wait until we do an official public test (like a couple weeks ago) for the new version.

These crash bugs are all that is slowing development. A few more minor things and Artifacts, Powerups, racial shops, and new races can be added (WAR3X plans for 8 total!). If you would like to help catch crash errors, please PM me on the boards and we will work something out.

As for v1.1, it is nearing completion (crashing aside). Here are the main changes to 1.1.
  • MULTILINGUAL SUPPORT - 100%
    (4/2/06) *UPDATE* Completed.
  • WAR3X STATS! - 20%
    This will give you information letting you know how effective your skills are, as well as classifying the top players of different play styles on the server, such as support role/aggressor. Top players will be rewarded money, and in the future, a backpack with a rare item!
  • KILL ASSISTS - 85%
    (4/2/06) *UPDATE* - crash bug(s) found. more testing/tweaking required.
  • OPTIMIZATION - 95%
    This should speed up war3x in areas it was lagging behind in. Remember that the code hasnt been touched for the most part in about a year, so it needed a cleanup.
  • LOAD-ERROR PREVENTION - 100%
    This will prevent the plugin from loading (and crashing due to missing files) if any required files are missing, and will generate some log files in the process.
  • ADMIN MENU - 20%
    This will give admins a menu that will allow them to easily give players xp/levels, as well as enable/disable the plugin.
  • HELP SYSTEM OVERHAUL - 0%
    The new help files will be multi-lingual, orgnized, and prettier!
TOTAL PROGRESS: 74% (Estimated release ~1.5 weeks)
Last edited by Ryan on Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
- R y a n
Warcraft 3: EXPANSION
Lead Developer

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:39 pm

Wanted to give another update on 1.1 progress.

- Multi-lingual support is near-completion. Geesu has just finished making the menus compatible, and all that remains are a few trace strings that were hardcoded into the source. I will complete this tonight.

- Kill Assists are near completion as well. Avanderik has done a good job at organizing this feature and laying the foundation. Just some testing and perhaps some tweaking is required.

I will be up very late tonight, so the admin menu, and perhaps even the stats will be completed by morning.

On another note, I added a new item to the checklist for 1.1, and that is a complete overhaul of the help system. Previously, in past versions of the plugin, help files were automatically generated by the server at map start. This is a very efficient way of doing things because when a player requests a help file, only an .html file needs to be displayed to them. this, however, the downsides are that they had to be manually re-generated if a new version of the plugin came out (which a lot of servers neglected), and they also did not work with the multilingual system. This information will now need to load 'on the fly' when it is requested. I'm working with Willyumyum on a new, css-driven help system that will be better organized, allowing us to show more information, while at the same time being more pleasing to the eyes. This help overhaul will make it's way to version 1.1.
- R y a n
Lead Developer

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:19 am

Update 4/2

Multilingual support has been completed. This took a lot longer than I had anticipated, and I was not able to get to the admin menu at all.

I have done some testing on the kill assists, and have found that they currently crash the server and need some more tweaking.

I have also done some EXTENSIVE testing with zbots (yes the hacked ones) and the plugin will not work with them any longer. I'm not sure exactly why, but the bigger the source code gets, the more crashes the zbots give at random (normal) game events for no reason. This is not something that can be fixed, so future releases will no longer support ZBOT at all =(

The good news is, I have switched over to PoDbot, and because these random crashes to not occur, the plugin will be 100x easier to debug with binary logging. I just leave the server running with 32 bots on, and check periodically for any crash errors. Thus far I have not found any :) This does not mean they don't exist, because currently bots do not use the wind-walk ultimate, or a few other things which may be triggering crashes on the current release.

Like I said I got a few crash bugs fixed from last version, so we should see a cut in the total amount of those for next release.

More info as it becomes available.
- R y a n
Lead Developer

fighter
Peon

D

Post by fighter » Tue May 16, 2006 2:43 am

Hello 74% has stand here over 30 days are you soon complet with the new version ??

YamiKaitou
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: D

Post by YamiKaitou » Tue May 16, 2006 10:13 am

fighter wrote:Hello 74% has stand here over 30 days are you soon complet with the new version ??
viewtopic.php?p=8196#8196

No support via PM or Email

buz_camaro
Peon

Post by buz_camaro » Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:57 am

please ryan i am from Romania and i have 24computers and we play cs1.6!!! i want to play cs1.6 in war3X mode but i don't have it!! tell me how i can get?!! tank's
I love valve ;)

YamiKaitou
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by YamiKaitou » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:39 am

buz_camaro wrote:please ryan i am from Romania and i have 24computers and we play cs1.6!!! i want to play cs1.6 in war3X mode but i don't have it!! tell me how i can get?!! tank's
Here is v1.0.1 download link
viewtopic.php?t=1284

Leo
Peon

just a noob

Post by Leo » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:16 am

where can i get the lastest version war3x ?? oh...and SALUT SI EU SUNT DIN ROMANIA....that's for the guy from romania the thing you cannot understand
H.I.M. rulzzzzz

Geesu
<b>King of the world!</b>

Post by Geesu » Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:42 am

umm... 1.02.... its in this forum
No Support via PM

person12345
Peon

Post by person12345 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:34 pm

when is the new version of war3x going to come out? the one with 7 races total and 4 ultimates and stuff. it doesn't seem like you guys are doing anything

Geesu

Post by Geesu » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:37 am

you want to do it mr. i have all the time in the world?
No Support via PM

person12345
Peon

Post by person12345 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:58 am

yeah geesu can you help him finish it up? doesn't seem like he's doing anything

Avanderik
<b><i>King of Kings!</b></i>

Post by Avanderik » Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:04 pm

Development on this mod has stopped.
War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left...

Order is for idiots, genius masters chaos...

gorfou
Peon

Post by gorfou » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:50 pm

I don't understand why you've stopped this wonderful cs mod :s

Maybe you didn't have enough free time to continue, i really hope that one day i could play to a war3 running with amxx 1.76x.

Thx for all and please, give me an answer :)

Geesu

Post by Geesu » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:06 pm

Not enough people using it:

http://www.game-monitor.com/modsearch.php
No Support via PM

-[AfK]- Faction
Peon

Post by -[AfK]- Faction » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:34 am

I will have one this back online with all my other servers this week due to changing providers. I think this just needs more hype. When people would come in my server and play they had no idea it even existed. I have a strong community for this mod and I am sure my server will fill up again as soon as I get it up. I would love to see at least the final version of this as per the inital post in this thread.
http://www.AFKFACTION.com
WARCRAFT SERVER IP's UNDER AVATAR
Gungame - 69.13.34.134:27015
Tournament Server - 69.13.34.135:27015
Nintendo Mod - IP PENDING
TEAMSPEAK - 209.40.96.86:8770

Geesu

Post by Geesu » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:13 pm

If I can build a beta group for this I will get some fixes out for it... but I don't want to be adding new features (I don't have time)
No Support via PM

h4mm3r0g0d
Peon

Post by h4mm3r0g0d » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:09 am

Geesu wrote:If I can build a beta group for this I will get some fixes out for it... but I don't want to be adding new features (I don't have time)
hello im new to the running of a wc3 server but i love playing wc3. i would be happy to help with anytesting or hosting a dedicated server to see how the scripts run. i know im about a month late on this post but better late then never

you can find me on aim at h4mm3r0g0d or at msn [email protected]

thanks ttyl
-h4mm3r0g0d
Macromedia Flash
Website and game Development

YamiKaitou
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by YamiKaitou » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:56 am

Please PM Geesu about it. Not much has been reported yet, but there was 1 important bug that was reported.