HLDS Launcher Error

Read log files for errors! If this fails, come here for help

Moderator: Forum Moderator

kilo1o1
Peon

HLDS Launcher Error

Post by kilo1o1 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:47 pm

I'm running a dedicated server for cs 1.6 with amxmodx on it.(Windows XP - STEAM)
I've used warcraft3 xp plugin before and now i want to get to the ft version.
I've deleted every single file that was part of the previous warcraft plugin.
So i downloaded the warcraft3ft plugin onto my desktop.
The folder name is called "war3ft_v3.0rc11"
Double clicked it into another folder called "war3ft_v3.0rc11" again.
Inside contained 3 folders, 3 text files, and another file thats called "FOR AMXX 1.80 ONLY"
The three folders are called addons, sound, and sprites.
Now the addon folder leads to another called amxmodx.
Inside that folder is 4 more folders called config, plugins, data, and scripting.
I'm sure i put the file that was in the plugin folder in the correct area&same with the data files.
Now the Config and scripting was part was when i got confused.
In the configs folder there was a folder called war3ft and inside of that folder are 3 things.
A text file, war3FT.cfg file, and a disable folder with 2 other files in it.
Now for the Scripting folder has a .sma file and a folder called war3ft as well.
Obvisouly i put the .sma file into the scripting folder in my addons/amxmodx/scripting folder but i wasn't sure what to do with the war3ft folder that was in the scripting folder so i just threw it in there with the sma. (Please tell me if that step was correct)
Now the configs folder had 3 things in it like i said above; disable folder, txt file called "_chameleon", and war3FT.cfg file.
I put all of those things into my addons/amxmodx/configs folder.(Please tell me if i did this step correct as well.)
Now for the sprites and sound folder that i mentioned in the beginning both had a folder called warcraft3
I placed those folders in my dedicated server/cstrike/sound & dedicated server/cstrike/sprites
Since i was done i went into my addons/amxmodx/configs and opened up my plugins file on notepad.
i added "war3ft.amxx" to the botton of the file& saved and closed.

Then i opened up steam and launched dedicated server.... After a couple seconds of loading i had an error called "HLDS Launcher"
"HLDS Launcher has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost."
"Please tell Microsoft about this problem"
"We have created an error report that you can send to us. We will treat this report as confidential and anonymous"

To options for me now, [Send Error Report] and [Don't Send]
I clicked don't send. I restarted my steam.. Same problem occured.
I went to multiple websites followed instructions and the same problem kept on happening.
Is it just because i'm running a dedicated server? or did i install this plugin wrong ?

The only plugins i have are admin_slash.amxx & amx_supper.amxx.

Please reply&Thank you.

kilo1o1
Peon

Re: HLDS Launcher Error

Post by kilo1o1 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:20 pm

do you mean the wc3ft.amxx file? if not, then i don't have the wc3.css file.

kilo1o1
Peon

Post by kilo1o1 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:37 am

i'm sorry but i don't see this .css file anywhere in my folders.
i redownloaded the wc3 file and there is still no .css file.

whosyourdaddy
Spell Breaker

Post by whosyourdaddy » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:54 pm

theres a amx_super_nospeed which is a fix for the war3 bug so u can use that and undead will work perfectly and try opening the addons/amxmodx/config/war3ft folder and then open the wc3_error.log and see if it posts ur problem in there mabye ur missing a file if not try disabaling wc3 and see if it runs