Installation Help

This is the place for general discussion about Warcraft3 XP, including install help.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Capn
Peon

Installation Help

Post by Capn » Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:43 pm

Hey guys. I know this is basic stuff, but I am having trouble. I don't know where to put the .spf files (or something along those lines). Also, I downloaded the First .zip file on http://www.amxmodx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=134006 , if that will help. I also noticed that there were six (6) downloadable files, does it matter which one i have or not?

Lazarus Long
Lead PITA SOB

Post by Lazarus Long » Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:53 pm

Stop being lazy, read the readme.txt that is in the file you downloaded and use the Search.

Yes it matters which one you downloaded (unless you are recompiling it yourself, but by the above questions I doubt it).
Lazarus

Capn
Peon

Post by Capn » Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:03 pm

lol, alright man, chill. I'm new at this, if you couldnt already tell. But i read the readme file, i guess ill read it again =P I was just asking though.. I'll come back if I have any questions. Later

PS: Every time I play WC3 on any servers, its always better and better. Good job to all of you who had any part in creating the WC3. -pz-

Lazarus Long
Lead PITA SOB

Post by Lazarus Long » Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:06 pm

I'm chilled. If you had read one or two posts around here before posting you would realize that you were going to get the above reply.
Lazarus

Capn
Peon

Post by Capn » Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:10 pm

lol, I know man, I'm sorry. I was just trying to get this done and over with. I get frustrated because I read the ReadMe.txt and the Installer.txt many times and couldnt find where to put the .spf files (such as i_undead.spf, i_human.spf, etc). I know what you mean though, I manage other forums as well, it gets very old. I'm gonna look right now in the past forums for any help on that, but if you can easily supply me with the answer, that would be much apreciated. Thanks man!
(I didnt mean to offend you if i did, my bad)

Lazarus Long
Lead PITA SOB

Post by Lazarus Long » Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:17 pm

You mean the sprites? You simply extract the archive you downloaded in your server base folder (the folder that contains cstrike, do not extract it to the cstrike folder) and the files go to the correct places.
Lazarus

Capn
Peon

Post by Capn » Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:21 pm

Thanks a lot man, I apreciate it. Sorry for asking basic, easy questions. Come check out our forums (the site is messed up, I gotta redo it) But the forums are at www.ka.team-cor.com :) Thanks for your help, Later!