Yep...another XP bug problem

Read log files for errors! If this fails, come here for help

Moderator: Forum Moderator

sshannin
Peon

Yep...another XP bug problem

Post by sshannin » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:36 pm

Sorry to bother you guys with another complaint about XP saving, but we're having a problem. The server in question has gotten connects from over 22k individual steamid's in the past 3 months. Everything functions smoothly, especially for such a largely populated server. The problem is that occasionaly, a user's xp will get to a certain point and then refuse save a higher value. They can go past that value while playing on a map, but when the map changes or they reconnect, they lose all progress made past that certain point. Here is the war3ft.cfg:

Code: Select all

mp_savexp 1 // Enables saving of experience (uses a vault, default is 0)
sv_mysql 1 // this will save w/MySQL (note: to use this mp_savexp must also be 1, default is 0)
FT_saveby 0 // What should I save this as? steam id = 0, IP = 1, name = 2 (works for vault and mysql, default is 0)

// MySQL configuration
FT_mysql_host "127.0.0.1" // Host Name
FT_mysql_user "cs_war3" // User Name
FT_mysql_pass "*************" // Password
FT_mysql_db "amx" // Database Name
sv_mysql_auto_pruning 0 // Automatically prunes the database of old users at a mapchange occuring between 5:36 to 5:59 AM (default is 0, doesn't work for vault)
sv_daysbeforedelete 31 // However many days before deleting XP or pruning from MySQL database (default is 31)
sv_mysqltablename "war3steam" // Table Name, no need to change (default is war3users)
sv_mysql_save_end_round 1 // Save Users at the end of each round (causes slight lag, default is 0)
Thanks in advance for the help![/code]

Geesu
<b>King of the world!</b>

Post by Geesu » Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:48 pm

whats that value?
No Support via PM

sshannin
Peon

Post by sshannin » Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:07 pm

It differs from user to user.

EDIT: I just remembered something else I heard somewhere. I heard that it might possbily be affected in some manner by a user getting xp on "no race" (i.e. not picking a race but still playing).

Geesu

Post by Geesu » Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:25 pm

well that shouldn't matter, if there race is "no race", it just doesn't save, there is an if statement to prevent that...

(try querying ur db with race id as 0, it should not return anything new)
No Support via PM

Lazarus Long
Lead PITA SOB

Post by Lazarus Long » Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:49 am

I've seen this, I forgot to mention it before, I can't debug 'cause it isn't in one of my servers (it's in LeafCutter's server), but I got stuck XP values for Night Elf and Human (can't remember the exact XP values, but they differ and are both around mid values for level 8 with standard XP multiplier of 1.0).

I join, play and get XP added as well as I can gain levels, but if I leave the server and come back my XP are reset to what I had before the previous connect. All other races are working OK, saving the gained XP.

This was happening with version 2.2.5 saving to MySQL (I haven't connected there lately so I can't say if it's happening with 2.2.6 - nor if he updated to it for that matter).

What I'm sure happened just before I started getting these stuck values was a server crash, but I don't know what caused the crash (as I said it isn't a server I admin), which probably ended in a corrupted database with a locked record. If the database server gets restarted it might (depending on how the system is setup correct the corruption) but the locked record might have to be investigated by hand.

I'm not sure if this should be reported as a Bug, rather as a Support request, since the problem most certainly is with MySQL and not with Warcraft 3 FT.

Regards,
Lazarus

sshannin
Peon

Post by sshannin » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:46 am

So, should I start a new thread or can you just move this one over to support?

Geesu

Post by Geesu » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:58 am

I'd say try using some of the builtin phpmyadmin optimization functions (if you use that, I don't know how to do it command-line)
No Support via PM

Lazarus Long
Lead PITA SOB

Post by Lazarus Long » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:20 am

From the command line is harder so, if at all possible, go for the PHPMyAdmin as Geesu suggested, if not post back.

The functions you might want to check are "Analyze Table", "Repair Table" "Verify Table" and "Optimize Table". You may also want to give "Restart MySQL" on the PHPMyAdmin mainpage a go.

Regards,
Lazarus

Lazarus Long
Lead PITA SOB

Post by Lazarus Long » Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:09 am

No reply from original author within a week.

Locked.

(The original author should PM me to reopen it)
Lazarus