Requests for converting a Vault to SQL

General discussion about Warcraft MODs for CS/CZ/DOD

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Lazarus Long
Lead PITA SOB

Requests for converting a Vault to SQL

Post by Lazarus Long » Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:13 am

In order to help everybody kill the Vault beast, since the maintained mods now have SQLite support, there will be a period of time (about a month, give or take a day or two), during which help will be provided in converting vault.ini to SQL. This will be mostly for Microsoft Windows users, since GNU Linux users can do it themselves as explained in the simple Mini-HOWTO series.

This won't be a automatic converter since, in order to keep the player names stored in a vault.ini manual intervention is needed. Due to this the process of conversion will be first request, first served.

Conversion steps:
  1. Read SQLite pack for Warcraft 3 XP (START HERE) or SQLite pack for Warcraft 3 FT (START HERE) as well as the posts they reference as mandatory reading and get everything in place.
  2. Post on this thread requesting a vault.ini conversion (do not post anything else in this thread, any other posts will be deleted and any request for conversion from such posters will be ignored).
  3. When contacted by PM, reply with your vault.ini file compressed in one of 7z, bz2 or zip formats.
  4. You will receive a second PM with a vault.sql file (also compressed).
    1. For Microsoft Windows execute the following on a Command Prompt from your game server (note that you must point to the same file that you have defined in the amx_sql_db - for Warcraft 3 XP - or FT_mysql_db - for Warcraft 3 FT):

Code: Select all

type vault.sql |sqlite3 "<full path including file and extension of SQLite database>"
    2. For GNU Linux execute the following on a shell from your game server (note that you must point to the same file that you have defined in the amx_sql_db - for Warcraft 3 XP - or FT_mysql_db - for Warcraft 3 FT):

cat vault.ini |sqlite3 "<full path including file and extension of SQLite database>"
  5. Congratulations, you are done.
Notes:
  • The above steps 5.1 or 5.2 can be run from any machine where you have the sqlite3 (sqlite3.exe) interactive shell installed, provided you copy the resulting database to the correct location on your game server.
  • Though not the primary objective, the same resulting vault.sql file can be used to convert to MySQL if preferred.

Mind that this is a voluntary effort, and that you are not entitled to it nor we obliged to make it. Mind also that we do have other things to do than sit in front of the computer waiting for your requests, so, wait for the PM's don't try to force things, your turn will come.
Lazarus

Sn3jk
Peon

Post by Sn3jk » Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:36 am

Hello would be pleased if i'l can have my Vault conversed.. thx

Regards
Sonny

(Lazarus Long: done)

Thx alot great job! seems to work fine.. :D /Sonny

[RKS]i/you.got.pwned
Peon

Post by [RKS]i/you.got.pwned » Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:40 am

may i request my vault converted, since i see no one else in line *looks around at near empty topic*

thanks in advance,
i/you.got.pwned

(Lazarus Long: done)

wormwood
Peon

Post by wormwood » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:54 pm

I see that this was posted back in september, but I am having a few problems converting my vault using the website. I have a linux server and just cannot complete the process of converting these 2 files (I have 2 servers). If you guys have time, would it be possible to convert my vault.ini?

Geesu
<b>King of the world!</b>

Post by Geesu » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:55 am

to what? mysql or sqlite?

also, try again, the site was broken... (permissions)
No Support via PM

wormwood
Peon

Post by wormwood » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:10 am

The conversion is for mysql.

I am receiving this error upon setting permissions on my server. I am logged in as admin and copied this straight from the server (which I copied from the site and pasted into the server).

mysql> GRANT SELECT , INSERT , UPDATE , DELETE , CREATE , DROP , INDEX , ALTER ,                                               CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES , LOCK TABLES ON `amxx` . * TO 'amxx'@'38.113.137.7' ;
ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'TEMPORARY TABLES , LOCK T                                              ABLES ON `amxx` . * TO 'amxx'@'38.113.137.7'' at line 1
mysql> GRANT SELECT , INSERT , UPDATE , DELETE , CREATE , DROP , INDEX , ALTER ,                                               CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES , LOCK TABLES ON `amxx` . * TO 'amxx'@'war3ft.com' ;
ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'TEMPORARY TABLES , LOCK T                                              ABLES ON `amxx` . * TO 'amxx'@'war3ft.com'' at line 1
mysql>
which in turn produces this from the conversion site:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to MySQL server on '82.165.179.46' (10061) in D:\Websites\wc3mods.net\www\war3ft\vault.php on line 50
Could not connect : Can't connect to MySQL server on '82.165.179.46' (10061)PHP Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to MySQL server on '82.165.179.46' (10061) in D:\Websites\wc3mods.net\www\war3ft\vault.php on line 50 

Geesu

Post by Geesu » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:20 am

also add

38.113.137.8 (just in case)
No Support via PM

wormwood
Peon

Post by wormwood » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:30 pm

this is what I get.. basically the same thing.

mysql> GRANT SELECT , INSERT , UPDATE , DELETE , CREATE , DROP , INDEX , ALTER , CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES , LOCK TABLES ON `amxx` . * TO 'amxx'@'38.113.137.8' ;
ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'TEMPORARY TABLES , LOCK TABLES ON `amxx` . * TO 'amxx'@'38.113.137.8'' at line 1
mysql> GRANT SELECT , INSERT , UPDATE , DELETE , CREATE , DROP , INDEX , ALTER , CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES , LOCK TABLES ON `amxx` . * TO 'amxx'@'war3ft.com' ;
ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'TEMPORARY TABLES , LOCK TABLES ON `amxx` . * TO 'amxx'@'war3ft.com'' at line 1
which gives the same error from the website as posted above.

Geesu

Post by Geesu » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:01 pm

OK how about I make it so that it will just write a sql file and let you download it ?

Then u can run the SQL file
No Support via PM

wormwood
Peon

Post by wormwood » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:04 pm

sounds great. what do you need from me? or shall I just wait for the sql file?

P.S = I really appreciate the help

Geesu

Post by Geesu » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:07 pm

Can you post your vault file? I need something to test with (notice the button is on the site but doesn't exist)
No Support via PM

Geesu

Post by Geesu » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:25 pm

Nevermind, it works, try it now
No Support via PM

wormwood
Peon

Post by wormwood » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:28 pm

sql error:

Error 
SQL query: 

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `war3users` (

`playerid` VARCHAR( 35 ) NOT NULL ,
`playername` VARCHAR( 35 ) NOT NULL ,
`xp` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL ,
`race` TINYINT( 4 ) NOT NULL ,
`skill1` TINYINT( 4 ) ,
`skill2` TINYINT( 4 ) ,
`skill3` TINYINT( 4 ) ,
`skill4` TINYINT( 4 ) ,
`time` TIMESTAMP( 14 ) NOT NULL ,
PRIMARY KEY ( playerid, race ) 
) REPLACE INTO `war3users` 
SET playerid = 'STEAM_0:0:1582044',
playername = '',
xp = '1340841',
race = '1',
skill1 = '3',
skill2 = '3',
skill3 = '3',
skill4 = '1' 
MySQL said:  

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'INTO `war3users` SET playerid='STEAM_0:0:1582044',playername='',xp='1340841',rac' at line 1  

Geesu

Post by Geesu » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:08 am

Change

) REPLACE INTO `war3users`

to

);
REPLACE INTO `war3users`
No Support via PM

Sn3jk
Peon

Post by Sn3jk » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:40 am

As my other post.. But you dont know how to make the sqlite file to mysql Geesu?? Really whould be glad to get it running :|

wormwood
Peon

Post by wormwood » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:53 am

sql dump works great.

THANK YOU SOO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP

Geesu

Post by Geesu » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:46 am

Sn3jk wrote:As my other post.. But you dont know how to make the sqlite file to mysql Geesu?? Really whould be glad to get it running :|
No idea, lazarus any ideas?
No Support via PM

Sn3jk
Peon

Post by Sn3jk » Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:59 am

Though not the primary objective, the same resulting vault.sql file can be used to convert to MySQL if preferred.
As reading in Lazarus post there seems to be able atleast.. Hey where is lazarus when you need him?! :roll:

Lazarus Long
Lead PITA SOB

Post by Lazarus Long » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:12 pm

@ everybody:

Sorry guys, I just moved home and the phone company screwed up my DSL connection, so I'm out for at least some more days.

@ Sn3jk:

PM me the vault.ini and I'll convert it as soon as I have net access. Also post your MySQL version.

@ wormwood:

Glad you have your problem solved, your original error was due to your MySQL version not supporting the "CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES" statement.

Regards, everybody see you in a few days (I hope)
Lazarus

Sn3jk
Peon

Post by Sn3jk » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:26 am

Wooho hello Lazarus! your missed :D
And actully it's a vault, sqlite amxx.db file i'm will have to mysql instead. but also a vault file from my other server with ultimate mod. Cause i'll go on mysql oon that to.

But i'm posting you the files anyway and hopes that you can fix it.. Puts them in 2 differents catalogs.

Regards
And thanks for your help!

//Sonny