suggestions

Want to talk about war3ft or make suggestions? Post them here

Moderator: Forum Moderator

split
Peon

suggestions

Post by split » Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:50 am

First I want to say TY, this is a great mod and you have done a really good job! I'm running the latest version, 2.3.2!

A few things I did notice that I wanted to bring up though:

In the previous version when the crypt lord released his locust sworm, in the chat area of the crypt lord (print_chat) it would display who he dmg'ed and how much he dmg'd that enemy for, with that sworm. Would be great if you could add this feature back.

Secondly, the shadow hunter race has the serpant wards. In previous versions if an enemy hit one of the wards then the shadow hunter would get a screen flash notifying him that an enemy has ran into a ward(s). It would be great if that could be added back and maybe even add a client_print with who the enemy was and how much dmg you did to him. Its nice to know that your ultimate is doing its job :) Also, the ultimate is the big bad vadoo for the shadow hunter and from the skillsinfo page it says that it will give you 2 sec. of invisibility. Although, whenever you use that ultimate it makes you glow red! You're not invisible at all but instead you glow bright red, everytime...

Thirdly, it would be great if you could also disable the buying of the tomb of experience when the minimum amount of players needed b4 awarding XP cvar (FT_min_b4_XP 2) is not reached. I've caught some users who will go on the server by themselves and just complete the objective over and over for that map to gain $$ and just buy the tomb over and over. Would be great if you could incorporate that, since its a cheap way to gain xp points.

Thanks for listening!

Geesu
<b>King of the world!</b>

Post by Geesu » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:59 am

Add 1 + 2 to the "for 2.3.3" thread pls

3) Let them buy it, it won't award them XP....

It says, "you have been awarded 0 XP"
No Support via PM

split
Peon

Post by split » Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:08 pm

After looking further into the code I did see that they are supposed to glow red/blue based on what team they are on BUT during that 2 sec period its supposed to be basically like having godmode NOT invisibility. In the code you get the users health and add an additional 2048hp. May I make the suggestion to replace that and to actually give the user godmode for 2 seconds and then end it instead of adding on hp. By doing it your way, the user still inflicts damage and it feels as if your ultimate doesn't even work. But if you do it my way and actually set_user_godmode for the 2 sec. then the user wont inflict damage, therefore, it lets the player know that the ultimate is actually useful and that it does work.

So basically, the skillsinfo page needs to be fixed. Since it says you get invincibility for 2 sec. but it should say godmode for 2 sec. And hopefully you will add in my suggestion above.

I have made all of these modifications that I've posted in this post and the one above to my code, if you would like the additions/changes I can provide them.

Geesu
<b>King of the world!</b>

Post by Geesu » Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:52 pm

set_user_godmode would not work...

You LOSE godmode if some1 w/a necklace shoots you... This would not be possible with set_user_godmode
No Support via PM