Chameleon Item

Read log files for errors! If this fails, come here for help

Moderator: Forum Moderator

GhostRyder
Peon

Chameleon Item

Post by GhostRyder » Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:07 am

I have a few quesitons about version 2.3.0, I have been lazy and didnt update to 2.3.1 yet.......

When players purchase chameleon item, it doesnt make them appear like the enemy. Has anyone else had this problem? I am using linux and ammx 1.60.

Offtopic here, but whats the best way to detect a mole? Some players can kill moles at the very second they unfreeze, and I have no idea how they doin this but I get owned by moles all the time. Any suggestions? LOL!

Geesu
<b>King of the world!</b>

Post by Geesu » Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:12 pm

Sometimes it is noticeable if they spawn at the end (checking radar helps)... there is a .1 second delay, on some people's screens this is noticeable

Not sure about the not changing thing, I will look into this
No Support via PM

GhostRyder
Peon

Post by GhostRyder » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:07 pm

I upgraded to 2.3.1 last night, I will buy it ask an enemy what I look like and see what happens:)

YamiKaitou
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by YamiKaitou » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:44 pm

One thing that I notice about the mole thing is that it tends to always choose the same skin everytime. Normally, those people who detect the mole right away are the people who check the number of people at the spawn with the number of people on their team. And, remembering the skins of each player helps with it as well. And, sometimes, it displays the name of the person who you have your crosshair on. I know that that is how I find the mole (even though I still get blasted most of the time).

About the Chameleon, I have noticed a delay in it, but I have never seen it not change them into the enemy. Not sure if buying it as they are playing matters or not, I don't really use the Chameleon item much

No support via PM or Email

opion
Peon

Post by opion » Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:20 am

That's not completly wright yamikaitou.
Some people detect moles that way but sometimes you're just lucky and see the mole.
Cuz when a new round start all the players spawn at base but the moles spawn later. So if he lands in front of you , you'll probably see it. And than it's easy to take him out

GhostRyder
Peon

Post by GhostRyder » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:42 pm

That explains it, thanks. I play with a 250 ping, I used to live in the states, but now live in Australia and play there using dsl. The clan I am in is hosted in the states, so my ping probably doesnt help for seeing names with crosshair or the delayed spawn.