is this possible?

Read log files for errors! If this fails, come here for help

Moderator: Forum Moderator

ss2miraitrunks
Militia

is this possible?

Post by ss2miraitrunks » Mon May 01, 2006 5:07 pm

ok, i just wanted to know if this is posibble.. what if you save xp by mysql on one server and on another you save by vault, and the vault server doesnt want to have wc3ft anymore and you convert their vault file with the vault converter. you upload the vault converted file to the mysql database.

So im asking..

is it posibble to combine two servers xp , not as in you go to one server and play and get xp, it will be in the other server, but as in having one server xp inside anothers

i currently have a mysql xp saved server.
and i'm planning on switch the "vault" warft to ultiamte war3ft.
but before i do, will converting the vault file and uploading to my mysql database delete the players who plaed on the mysql server, or will it "add" it to the mysql server.

basically this, the people who play on vault, when they go on the mysql saved server, i want their xp in their so they wont have to start all over and still have my current players who play in ythe mysql one have their xp too

YamiKaitou
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by YamiKaitou » Mon May 01, 2006 5:18 pm

If you are switching a War3FT server to any other War3 mod, other than War3FT, then the xp will, more than likely, not be compatible. If you are transfering War3FT xp to another server that already has War3FT xp on it, then you would have to edit the vault/sql manually.

If I am wrong, please correct me someone, this is just what I have gathered from the code

No support via PM or Email

ss2miraitrunks
Militia

Post by ss2miraitrunks » Mon May 01, 2006 5:44 pm

i want the vault wc3ft xp to go on the mysql wc3ft server xp, so that the people who play on the vault, when they go on the mysql wc3ft they still have their xp from the vault

because i plan on change the vault wc3ft so when the players migrate over to the mysql they dont have to rebuold

YamiKaitou
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by YamiKaitou » Mon May 01, 2006 5:58 pm

In that case, you would have to edit the sql and add all of the values that is not already in the sql.

Say I have played on your vault server and never your sql server. When you migrate over, you would have to add to your sql my vault fields. That way I would have the exact things I had on the vault server.

I will edit this post (or post a new one if you have already posted back) with an example, as soon as I drag out my old wc3ft server files

*****EDIT*****

Example: (all values are from my old server, and the ID is mine)
In my vault, I have the line

Code: Select all

STEAM_0:0:9176827_3	STEAM_0:0:9176827 538 3 1 0 2 0 67.166.236.118:2700 1135113371 |}KoD{| Yami Kaitou  [Ldr]
I would then have to search the sql for a line that contains the same first field (STEAM_0:0:9176827_3). If it is not there, then I would have to add it in there.

If you need me to explain something better, tell me what you want me to expand on

ss2miraitrunks
Militia

Post by ss2miraitrunks » Mon May 01, 2006 7:19 pm

hmm, you your tellig me i CANNOT just uplaod the file from the vault converter to the mysql server?

and i have to get everything from the vault file, put in in the sql, by phpmyadmin?

wont that take quite a long time if no vault people played in the sql server

****Edit****
if i werent to do it or am not suppose to do it through phpmyadmin, iv'e notcied mysql vaults look different then the normal vault.

YamiKaitou
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by YamiKaitou » Mon May 01, 2006 7:35 pm

Yea, that is what you have to do. According to what I just tested, it will insert every field into the sql, and if you have doubles of a field, I have no idea what might happen.

If I am wrong, then please correct me.

ss2miraitrunks
Militia

Post by ss2miraitrunks » Mon May 01, 2006 7:38 pm

wait so what am i suppsoe to do.

add the vault info bby phpmyadmin?

their is no quicker way? becuase that will take years.

YamiKaitou
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by YamiKaitou » Mon May 01, 2006 7:41 pm

I am going to let someone else continue with this question, as I have never personally tried it, nor have I ever used sql with wc3ft

ss2miraitrunks
Militia

Post by ss2miraitrunks » Mon May 01, 2006 7:48 pm

ok, tahnks for your help, please if someone the answser to my problem! please help

Geesu
<b>King of the world!</b>

Post by Geesu » Tue May 02, 2006 10:07 am

If you upload the sql file generated by the vault... it will overwrite ALL values in the database with what is in the vault, so yes it will work fine
No Support via PM