another SQl problem ....

Read log files for errors! If this fails, come here for help

Moderator: Forum Moderator

erik2k3
Militia

another SQl problem ....

Post by erik2k3 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:07 pm

Hi folks,

Im havin a serious problem with the SQL xp`s ...

story :

both our servers were running fine on the SQL XP`s until fri night when the db went offline, switched providers.

I made a backup ( gzip ) via phpmyadmin of the existing DB, waited for the new server to come online ( sat moring ), went straight into phpmyadmin, new user, setting privileges etc... the whole crap, inserted the backup into a new db, fine !

then the problem : connecting to the GS, choosing side, choosing race -> LVL 0 / 0 XP ???? WTF ?????

out again , checkeing connections in war3ft.cfg -> fine ! all set up and correct, quickly making up a php file to test the connection to the db, FINE ! editing, search queries, deleting, etc. all the usual is wotking fine via webinterface ! but just the bloody GS will not read or write any data out of the db / table .... it can connect tho ( otherwise the server would crash upon mapchange / bootup )

So, wtf is going on ?

Code: Select all

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `war3xp_2` (
  `playerid` varchar(35) NOT NULL default '',
  `playername` varchar(35) NOT NULL default '',
  `xp` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  `race` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0',
  `skill1` tinyint(4) default NULL,
  `skill2` tinyint(4) default NULL,
  `skill3` tinyint(4) default NULL,
  `skill4` tinyint(4) default NULL,
  `time` timestamp NOT NULL default CURRENT_TIMESTAMP on update CURRENT_TIMESTAMP
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;
This is the setip of the table, all working absolutely fine... the data insertion as well, if you`d like to check : http://88.198.43.178/wc3stats/ this site is using the same configs as wc3 ??? as well as my own custom made webinterface...

Basicially, all I did was backing up the old table, inserting it into a new db server ( MySQL 4.1.11 on Apache 2 Sarge 3.1 ) but for some reason it wont work the way I want it / is supposed to ??? any ideas ? did I oversee anything ?

For those who will come up with the standart answers : is the MySQL module running ? which amxx version etc ... its all set up and running, so don`t bother !

P.S. the permissions for the gameservers to acces the MySQL server are also set ! it most likely has something to do with the table layout , some specific sql options i could not find ???

Any help on this matter would be much appreciated !

Geesu
<b>King of the world!</b>

Post by Geesu » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:38 pm

errors in config files?
No Support via PM

erik2k3
Militia

Post by erik2k3 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:27 pm

unfortunately no errors in any config files. as far as i know the only chance that had to be made in the config files was in war3ft.cfg -> setting up the right sql server, users, db , table and password from the "old" server was / is exactly the same. So, if I made any mistake there... shoot me ;)

honestly, theres no mistake ! went over the configs a dozen times !

What exactly is the table configuration ? the one i postet there ? that one right ? -> also converted a vault file into a sql statement to get the proper table allocations, but that wont help either !

meanwhile i tested it with 3 different sql servers, none so far was able to let the Gameserver access the data....but as i said in my first post, the server finds the database -> is not crashing ;)

any ideas Geesu ?

Geesu

Post by Geesu » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:13 pm

OMG ur posts are too long, make shorter please
No Support via PM

erik2k3
Militia

Post by erik2k3 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:50 pm

right, shortform :

whats the correct table setup for wc3:ft in order to work ? cud u post a sql statement which will set up the db-table correctly ?

Geesu

Post by Geesu » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:54 am

its in the sourcecode...

Also, if u delete the table it will re-create it
No Support via PM