Using bots with WC3FT

Read log files for errors! If this fails, come here for help

Moderator: Forum Moderator

ttttrigg3r
Peon

Using bots with WC3FT

Post by ttttrigg3r » Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:23 pm

How do i get WC3FT to work with my POD bots? I can get each one to work but they wont work in conjunction.

Corrosion X
Peon

Post by Corrosion X » Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:46 pm

PODbot works fine for me. PM me if you need help setting up PODbot. I dont think you are setting it up correctly.
~StopSpazzing~

Geesu
<b>King of the world!</b>

Post by Geesu » Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:24 am

Yea I or someone needs to get a guide going for this... Seems people ask it a lot, I thought lazarus made one at one point
No Support via PM

eM-Viper
Militia

Post by eM-Viper » Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:46 pm

yes lazarus does have links for this :P. I was one of the first trouble makers about this on your new forms :P. only it was zbot, and then i converted to podbot. so far PODbotmm works extrodanarlly well for me. although i cannont add bots manually,but the min/max bot command works with the new version. You can get it at. the podbot waypoints and most of the e[pod]bot waypoints work just fine. just hard to find for some. i belive lazarus recomended waypoints by soulfer (i think thats the name) and some one else. you can get their waypoints of that same sight.

http://forums.bots-united.org/showthread.php?t=405

Corrosion X
Peon

Post by Corrosion X » Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:22 pm

You must have an outdated PODbot. The one I have, addbot in console adds a bot but i have a plugin from amxx that works great and gives you menus to add bots and certain levels or just random levels or kick all bots and much more commands. Just uploaded the cstrike folder that contains the podbot and all required files set up correctly. If you want can get you the link to dl(not sure if its against the rules, tell me if it is.)? The waypoints are by soulfer and it says so when you join.

All you would have to do is copy and paste the cstrike folder (from the zip) over your cstrike folder and it will put everything into place and it will not add or overwrite anything in your amxmodx >>(if you are using amx then will have to edit the plugins.ini in the metamod folder). Would you like it? Also can get you the link to the plugin (for amxx) that will give you full control over the bots.

eM-Viper
Militia

Post by eM-Viper » Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:41 am

yes plz post the amxx plugin for that, i dont think its against the rules, geesu has final word :P. and addbot might work in consol but my server is remote and i have tried rcon addbot and no luck even with the new version i got from a few weeks ago i cant add usin rcon :-/ oh well. i hope the amxxplugin works :). thanks

p.s. I use podbot_mm cause podbot didnt work, so i dont know if there is a diffrence

Corrosion X
Peon

Post by Corrosion X » Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:44 pm

Yeah, I use the metamod version of podbot aswell cause normal podbot doesnt work.

Here is the link to the plugin:

http://www.amxmodx.org/forums/viewtopic ... odbot+menu

Also has the metamod podbot there aswell. Thats where i got mine. The installation instructions for the PODbot are off so wouldnt go by them. If you need help installing podbot PM me or when i get the time ill post here how to install it correctly.

Have fun with PODbot.

ttttrigg3r
Peon

Post by ttttrigg3r » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:16 pm

ok ok i dont understand the difference b/t metamod and amxx and amxmodx. All i want is to play my outdated CS against bots with any wc3 mod

eM-Viper
Militia

Post by eM-Viper » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:22 pm

Well when I get some free time I guess I can write up a quick install guide. Do you want it to include the war3plugin, should i make a zip file with all the stuff? Also can u go over my grammer and spelling when i send it to you :-p

What do you mean by outdated?. cs 1.5? if u are runnin 1.6 goto cs.emplayground.com:27029 bots and wc3 ;). well, if there is a lack of humans there are bots.

ttttrigg3r
Peon

Post by ttttrigg3r » Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:40 pm

i have v46 1.1.1.0

eM-Viper
Militia

Post by eM-Viper » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:12 pm

that looks like half life version, like b4 steam. what is the CS version?

ttttrigg3r
Peon

Post by ttttrigg3r » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:05 pm

thats all i know. how do i found out what cs version it is

Derbedeul
Peon

Post by Derbedeul » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:54 am

Hy.....please help me I don't understand what you post up.....i have a problem....I added podbot_mm.dll it's runing but LOOK
[ 8] POD-Bot mm RUN - podbot_mm.dll vR2b46d ini Chlvl ANY

[ 53] POD-Bot Menu 1.2 g4s|figurE.09 amxx_podbotmenu running

but when I whamt to add bot it's sayng amx_pbaddbot

No Waypoints for this Map, can't create Bot !

HOW CAN I RESOLVE THE PROBLEM.......WAYPONT PROBLEM :D .....PLEASE HELP ME...AND SOORY MY LANGUAGE....I AM FROM ROMANIA :)
http://86.126.247.92:27015/ CS 1.6 WAR3FT SERVER...GO GO GO ;)

YamiKaitou
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by YamiKaitou » Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:10 pm

@ttttrigg3r: Do you use Steam to play your CS game?

@Derbendeul: Go to the Podbot website and ask them. We offer support for Warcraft3 mods only, plus assistance in special cases when you are trying to install something alongside wc3.

No support via PM or Email

Derbedeul
Peon

Post by Derbedeul » Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:54 pm

ok soory :)....and the PodBot web site where can I found the web adress......Yes I have steam :)....

Corrosion X
Peon

Post by Corrosion X » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:07 pm

http://wc3mods.net/wiki/index.php?title ... on:How_Tos

I just added that. I am StopSpazzing. Should help you guys out. If you need anymore help please post it here and I'll try to help you out the best I can.
YamiKaitou wrote: @Derbendeul: Go to the Podbot website and ask them. We offer support for Warcraft3 mods only, plus assistance in special cases when you are trying to install something alongside wc3.
Thats why Im here. :wink: :wink: :wink:

@triggerrr
Amxx is amxmodx. Its a huge addon for all halflife mods to give you more control and lots of customizing through plugins that you can dl. Metamod is addon aswell. Cerain amx/amxx plugins require metamod to run in order to work. Some bots require metamod to work...but they dont necessarily need amx/amxx running.

@Derbedeul
The problem is that the map you are loading doesnt have any waypoints for the bots to move around. So either you make your own waypoints, find new waypoints where you dled your bots, or you use a different map. http://waypoints.ath.cx/ for waypoints just for podbots.

Any other questions?
~StopSpazzing~

Derbedeul
Peon

Post by Derbedeul » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:19 am

now my server it's SUPER :D......... 8)
1.) What speed to upload and download I must have to have 20 player playing on my server ?
2.) I what to add new plugin on my server :D.....where can I found the new and the most popular plugin.......Tanks :D

YamiKaitou
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by YamiKaitou » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:25 am

Derbedeul wrote:now my server it's SUPER :D......... 8)
1.) What speed to upload and download I must have to have 20 player playing on my server ?
2.) I what to add new plugin on my server :D.....where can I found the new and the most popular plugin.......Tanks :D
1) Guide found can be found at the Steam forums, http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/

2) If running AmxX, http://amxmodx.org
If running something other than AmxX, get lost

No support via PM or Email

hnoor0044
Peon

Re: Using bots with WC3FT

Post by hnoor0044 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:41 pm

i dont think its against the rules, geesu has final word :P. and addbot might work in consol but my server is remote
== Solitaire ==