Pruning Ideas

Want to talk about war3ft or make suggestions? Post them here

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Krazy
Forum Administrator

Pruning Ideas

Post by Krazy » Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:48 pm

I was wondering if you could make it so when a person joins the server and plays one race that it updates for 31 or another value days for all the other races from getting pruned. If that is not a good idea maybe make it so that it can be different days for different levels like level 1-5 is 30 days and level 6-9 is 60 days and level 10 is 90 days before it gets pruned. Because some people on my server had all level 10s and 3 of there level 10s reset from not playing them in 31 days and they are complaining and others have been too. I made it 90 now but then there is those people that join the server for 2 mins and leave and have like 21 xp and that would stay in the datebase and take up space.

Need help anything to do with Warcraft 3 Mod, installing other plugins, setting up mySQL, installing PsychoStats, or anything else just PM/email me!

Geesu
<b>King of the world!</b>

Post by Geesu » Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:12 pm

yea I understand this problem, with vault pruning this would be VERY intensive on client join, is possible though, I will consider it
No Support via PM

ferret
Lead Warcraft 3 XP Developer

Post by ferret » Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:14 am

Geesu wrote:yea I understand this problem, with vault pruning this would be VERY intensive on client join, is possible though, I will consider it
AHahha. Do you have vault pruning yet? I implemented it two years ago in WC3XP :P Bother me sometime if you want the details. One of the things I did was keep a single time stamp, rather than a timestamp for each race.
-< www.gamehavoc.com >-

Lazarus Long: And I know you didn't because the Server Files are version 2.2.6 and the file you posted is version 2.2.5, so do as I told you above and don't ever lie to me again or help is gone!

Geesu

Post by Geesu » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:24 pm

F U!!! :) :) :) j/k

I added vault pruning like 2 versions ago, but it will delete data from a race that isn't used in x amount of days
No Support via PM

ferret

Post by ferret » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:41 pm

I should look at how you do it, I bet you copied me!!1111111111111111!!!eleven!!1

I keep 1+(1-8) keys per players. The first contains their name and last logon. The other 1-8 are for the races and only contain the xp and skill info. Cut down on the size of my vaults quite a bit to not save name/stamps for every race.

If the timestamp is too old, all the races are deleted.
-< www.gamehavoc.com >-

Lazarus Long: And I know you didn't because the Server Files are version 2.2.6 and the file you posted is version 2.2.5, so do as I told you above and don't ever lie to me again or help is gone!

Krazy
Forum Administrator

Post by Krazy » Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:19 pm

Ferret's way sounds good. Steal his code FTW! :D

Need help anything to do with Warcraft 3 Mod, installing other plugins, setting up mySQL, installing PsychoStats, or anything else just PM/email me!

Geesu

Post by Geesu » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:27 pm

yea i saw ferrets.... it was confusing, so I said f it :)
No Support via PM

Krazy
Forum Administrator

Post by Krazy » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:31 pm

So is this suggestion going to be added to the next or another version after 2.3.0?

Geesu

Post by Geesu » Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:34 pm

If I turn not lazy :) :) :) Maybe I'll work on it right now, or go to bed, not sure which :)
No Support via PM

Geesu

Post by Geesu » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:47 pm

Try this out, compiled for cstrike... changelog:
v2.3.1
- Bug Fix: Link wasn't linked correctly in war3help
- Bug Fix: If a player is STEAM_ID_PENDING they will be reconnected
- Change: Not all old data will be erased, the most current timestamp will be checked and all other records will be updated to that timestamp
Attachments
warcraft3FT.amxx
(231.63 KiB) Downloaded 570 times
No Support via PM

ferret

Post by ferret » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:57 pm

My way is awesome, you lazy bum.
-< www.gamehavoc.com >-

Krazy
Forum Administrator

Post by Krazy » Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:07 pm

I will test it on a different test server but not on mine real one without the .sma and .inl files because I got to change it so orc nades do not work on fy_ maps and other small abusive maps, and make it so that it admins with level H can only give xp.

Krazy
Forum Administrator

Post by Krazy » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:29 pm

Thanks for the Warcraft 3 FT 2.3.1b with the files. It is running on my server right now. And I checked the mySQL config to see if it updated the timestamps and it did. So I think it is working fine. Thanks :D