Chameleon Suggestion

Want to talk about war3ft or make suggestions? Post them here

Moderator: Forum Moderator

stNexus
Peon

Chameleon Suggestion

Post by stNexus » Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:43 pm

Hey,
I would really like to know, if it would be possible, to implement the feature, that skills for chameleon are randomly chosen when selecting chameleon.
Getting new skills every round is really weird, you cannot play with tactics, because you have to change them every round. Also the text displaying your skills is often shown too short, so you sometimes even don't know which skills you have.

greetings stNexus

erik2k3
Militia

Post by erik2k3 » Thu May 18, 2006 8:29 pm

go to your war3ft.cfg file, somewhere you have the option to assign specific skills from all the races to your cham... example :

skill one is randomly chosen from race 3
skill two is randomly chosen from race 6
etc...

but then on the other hand tht is what makes the cam interesting...

YamiKaitou
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by YamiKaitou » Thu May 18, 2006 8:45 pm

erik2k3 wrote:go to your war3ft.cfg file, somewhere you have the option to assign specific skills from all the races to your cham... example :

skill one is randomly chosen from race 3
skill two is randomly chosen from race 6
etc...

but then on the other hand tht is what makes the cam interesting...
Wrong,
Skill 1 is randomly choosen out of all races 1st skill
Skill 2 is randomly choosen out of all races 2nd skill
Skill 3 is randomly choosen out of all races 3rd skill
Ultimate is randomly choosen out of all races ultamite

No support via PM or Email

Geesu
<b>King of the world!</b>

Post by Geesu » Thu May 18, 2006 10:04 pm

What Yama said is true... but you can set the skills to be the same always in war3ft.cfg...

Yami I would consider this for the next release, could you add your request to the "for 2.3.3" thread under one of the other forums, i think it might be under general discussion
No Support via PM

YamiKaitou
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by YamiKaitou » Fri May 19, 2006 1:54 pm

Geesu wrote:What Yama said is true... but you can set the skills to be the same always in war3ft.cfg...

Yami I would consider this for the next release, could you add your request to the "for 2.3.3" thread under one of the other forums, i think it might be under general discussion
What do you mean. Isn't that how it already is? Last time I used FT, I was able to tell it to do random selection, or I could select the skills using what I said. I just put the race number for the cvar of that skill.

*EDIT*
This is taken out of v2.3.2 war3ft.cfg

Code: Select all

FT_Race9_Random		1		// Should the 9th race have random skills each round?, if so the next 4 option are irrelevant (default is 1)
FT_Race9_Skill1		1		// What race should the first skill be taken from? (default is 1)
FT_Race9_Skill2		1		// What race should the second skill be taken from? (default is 1)
FT_Race9_Skill3		1		// What race should the third skill be taken from? (default is 1)
FT_Race9_Ultimate	1		// What race should the ultimate be taken from? (default is 1)

No support via PM or Email

Geesu
<b>King of the world!</b>

Post by Geesu » Fri May 19, 2006 2:25 pm

I was just saying yes they're randomly chosen.... if FT_Race9_Random is 1... otherwise.. it looks at the other cvars
No Support via PM